Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo And Banish Suggestions

air2ground

I love the idea behind Limbo, but many claim his ablities are too trollish and while they have high trolling potential here are some suggestion that could remove that problem.

Suggestion for making banish less trollish.

1)When cast on allies, it makes them glow for the full duration and if they attack something in another plain, they shift to that plain. So if i were to shoot my a rift enemy OR ally, i would shift to the rift and if i shot a enemy or ally not in the rift i would shift into the 'real plain'. However when the duration is up they are sent to the 'real plain'

This way players can always choose which plain to be in

2) When cast on allies, players are half banished as in they dont completely sent to the void. instead of invincibility get high damage reduction (50% maybe), instead of 2 energy per second 1 energy per second, but can still attack enemies in the void  (maybe at reduced damage) but all warframe skills hit both plains.

alternatively

Suggestions for changes in rift mechanics or his other ablities

1)combine cataclysm with rift surge and make a new power, make his 3 a gate portal that can be walked in and out of but more like nova's portals instead of a bubble. or maybe one that fills the void with procs or slow, something to make the void more advantageous to allies and dangerous to enemies

2)make a new bind able button that let players leave but not enter the void.

Feel free to critique or share your thougts

Edited by air2ground

I love the idea behind Limbo, but many claim his ablities are too trollish and while they have high trolling potential here are some suggestion that could remove that problem.

Suggestion for making banish less trollish.

1)When cast on allies, it makes them glow for the full duration and if they attack something in another plain, they shift to that plain. So if i were to shoot my a rift enemy OR ally, i would shift to the rift and if i shot a enemy or ally not in the rift i would shift into the 'real plain'. However when the duration is up they are sent to the 'real plain'

alternatively

Suggestions for changes in rift mechanics or his other ablities

1)combine cataclysm with rift surge and make a new power, make his 3 a gate portal that can be walked in and out of but more like nova's portals instead of a bubble. or maybe one that fills the void with procs or slow, something to make the void more advantageous to allies and dangerous to enemies

These both are great ideas, i would like any of these two if they were implemented, i kinda like the first one better though, because even though casting both cataclysm and rift surge at the same time would more comfortable, we would lost the ability to cast rift surge alone, i remark this particularly because lately I've been avoiding cataclysm... you know, to not rub people the wrong way with it, although i am always aware and careful about not hurting anyone else's game style I've seen a lot of people getting negative over cataclysm even when used properly.

A couple of days ago i was in a public game in Sechura, there was this Vauban casting vortex, everyone was shooting at it, so i decided to cast cataclysm to get rift surge's bonus on all of us, the Vauban immediately said "don't use your ult" i asked why and he said "it's an unpolished game mechanic imo" i told him that in that case there was no drawback because all of us were inside the rift and shooting inside cataclysm to the same stationary spot, he still didn't want it.

That's why lately I've been rift walking most of the time and banishing enemies one by one, killing them with banish and in case they are still alive after banish i shoot them, and I've been using rift surge a lot but only for myself off course, this kind of play style could not be achieved with the second suggestion.

I think yours are great suggestion though, but i just wanted to share that personal experience of mine here.

Edited by Orbister

I was thinking about the idea of making Cataclysm explode after activating it again, might make it a little bit more useful since it doesn't do any damage until someone walks in/out or expires which with a duration build could last a bit.

Edited by noobish1999