Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Start: Why Not Have Full Energy?

UberSamurai

I'd like to take a moment to talk about something near and dear to me that's been bothering me for quite some time. Two things actually, but the second is far less important than the first. When I think about this first problem... it hurts me deep inside. Like that time I dropped the soap. I thought I was ready... I thought I could handle it.

I was wrong.

Now, I'd like to mention before hand why I'm bringing this up. I deployed to Iraq back in '09, and I was boots on the ground Infantry. You know what we never did? Leave the wire without a full combat load. Full ammo. Full water. As many snacks as you could fit into your eight thousand pockets, and as many RIP ITS as you could handle without dying of a heart attack, because if there's anything you need on a twelve hour mission...

It's energy.

Now, I'm not sure if there is legitimate reasoning behind this, but if there is, I'd like to hear it, as I can't think of one solitary reason why, on the disgusting planet that resembles my Aunt Cousin Mary after a three week bender on cocaine and antidepressants and a gang bang by the local race horse fraternity, that someone thought it was a good idea to start a mission in Warframe WITHOUT FULL ENERGY. That's like eating a sandwich without Miracle Whip, or showering without water, or starting a fire without heat.

Doesn't make any sense.

This forces those of us that regularly run high level missions to carry hundreds of pads with us, and if we happen to be running a frame with 400+ energy, we have to take time before we can even start the mission just to power up.

We have our own personal SPACE SHIPS.

Now, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't head out into sector without my front plate. I like my insides... inside. I also would leave the wire without a minimum combat load of three hundred rounds, (more if I have a SAW gunner.) So why would I leave my own personal SPACE SHIP, without powering up my Warframe for the sixty minute Extraction mission I'm about to run? I'm pretty sure I'd remember waking up, late, space phone ringing, and my buddy on the other end screaming "GRAX, WHERE ARE YOU MAN, YOU OVERSLEPT AGAIN. WE'RE IN THE S*** MAN, HURRY UP!" and then jumping out of my SPACE BED and forgetting to power up.

We need full energy when we start missions. Maybe a new addition to the Liset TO BUY WITH CREDITS? Or maybe a new mission to find the part like all the other parts you find during the prologue? Maybe call it a flux capacitor? (Unless that's trademarked, in that case, maybe Clux Fapacitor.)

And lastly, PLEASE FIX THE DISGUSTING PARIS PRIME SKIN BECAUSE ERMAHGERD IT'S GROSS AND THAT'S MY FAVORITE WEAPON.

No one likes THAT much gold. Not even the guy driving down the street in his Juicy Fruit car. I can't comprehend how it even made it through design phase, and later on, we got the Cernos which is so beautiful I'd marry it if I wasn't already engaged to my aforementioned Aunt Cousin Mary.

On the chance the someone from DE actually reads all this, thanks. 

Please save us. You're our only hope.

Well I'm sorry to tell you the Paris Prime thing won't happen because the artists in this game are stubborn as can be and have demonstrated so in several occasions.

As for the energy thing, it's interesting. What you say makes perfect sense; we can carefully choose our gear before leaving the ship, we always take full ammo for all our weapons, yet we arrive with only a portion of our max energy. I don't think there would be a huge enough hit on the gameplay to warrant not making this change, since we can do it anyway with an energy restore only it's more annoying.

Well I'm sorry to tell you the Paris Prime thing won't happen because the artists in this game are stubborn as can be and have demonstrated so in several occasions.

As for the energy thing, it's interesting. What you say makes perfect sense; we can carefully choose our gear before leaving the ship, we always take full ammo for all our weapons, yet we arrive with only a portion of our max energy. I don't think there would be a huge enough hit on the gameplay to warrant not making this change, since we can do it anyway with an energy restore only it's more annoying.

Exactly, why force the player to "waste" an energy restore at the beginning of the mission when there is no reason for it? +1 OP.

Although, I have to say that I very much like the look of Paris Prime. An alt skin pack exclusively for Primes really should be a consideration on DE's part. 

Edited by Kestral9999

+1, always wondered why we didn't start mission with "full batteries".

And about Paris Prime, well, tastes differ with every person, so while you hate how it looks, others probably love it, so I wouldn't count on a change.^^'

Edited by Marthrym

I will be neutral on energy part. What you say is true, yet the idea is to make game a bit of a challenge. Would be too easy if new player comes with full energy and slash dashes through hordes of enemies couple of times killing them and restoring full energy through drops of killed enemies.However what you said makes total sense and I agree that why we are not on full energy when going to mission while having everything else at max(HP,Ammo).

About Paris Prime on the other hand....I like how it looks. I like Every Prime look ecept for Frost and excalibur who could use a visit to prime beauty centre.

and as many RIP ITS as you could handle without dying of a heart attack,

I can't think of one solitary reason why, on the disgusting planet that resembles my Aunt Cousin Mary after a three week bender on cocaine and antidepressants and a gang bang by the local race horse fraternity

What are "RIP ITS"

And that part, was both funny, and disturbing XD

This is something I know has been brought up before, and definitely needs to be changed.  Why would a tenno leave his/her ship without a full charge.

Also, the paris prime thing.  I really wish the art team would take feedback instead of being so stubborn on issues like this.  The paris prime is one of the ugliest things in this game.  I also don't understand why it didn't retain some of the look of its original like pretty much every other prime variant.

First may I say to the OP THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, secondly regarding your Energy Request, let me give you an example of how Warframe logic works, in fact I'll give you two. First why is Ember effected by fire and second why is Frost effected by cold, oh and a third I just remembered why are we effected when windows break and deconpress, we are in a self contained warsuit. So in regards to your energy request it makes perfect Logical sense, unfortunately Warframes logic follows it's own path:)

Paris Prime is fine the way it is right now,and energy right now practically charges back to full again rapidly. Even when I am struck by a disruptor just a few more steps, and few measly kills, and back to full again.

Also full energy just allows people to spam 4 from the start. This way it keeps you conscious of energy from the start of the mission. Plus either way with the energy at start full or not. You can easily get full again, or have constant flow with the help of Trinity, and Limbo.

Edited by Arlayn

Some good points have been made. And they do make sense to a certain degree.

I do agree for the energy idea, as it would not be out of the blue. It would require some things. As you have thought of yourself.

As for paris prime? Well, the problem is not the amount of gold. Rather it's size. The idea and structure is good. But for me, I'd rather see something like this: (And paris prime is here to stay as it is, so this would be something along to the future of bows instead) As in one livestream, the new bow concept is quite nice. 

wRQskJ3.jpg I'd imagine this is something you'd want for paris prime, or even slimmer and more sleek. (I'd like to see it as one of those new PBR bows)

And here we have the concept bows from livestream #37

https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/sites/all/themes/warframebase/images/Interviews/009/JC_BowIdeas.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium

Full energy at the beginning of the mission really does make sense. I would go into a mission fully charged with ammo and energy; why only have a fraction?

Even though we have energy restores we should still go into the mission fully charged. They are to be used as a charger for when you are in the field, not when you start a mission.