Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Things To Improve Kubrows.

Rhaenxys

Few hotfixes ago DE did some good changes about Kubrows but i still find two things a bit "illogical".

1- Since eggs have a low drop chance, have to be farmed on a low level planet and cant be desecrated, they should at least let us carry more than one egg at the same time.

I have countless times when i already have the luck of getting an egg and suddenthly another comes in the next few missions, there is no particular reason to leave this as it is right now, the low drop rate already makes for it.

2- Since we already have the consign option, why the kubrows are still dying if their DNA degrades too much? you can invest formas or a reactor and still have the option of losing your kubrow if you go on holidays and forgot to put them on stasis? the credit cost should be the only penalization for all of this.

Side note: sorry for my broken english, my doggie ate my english 101 book.

-snip-

2- Since we already have the consign option, why the kubrows are still dying if their DNA degrades too much? you can invest formas or a reactor and still have the option of losing your kubrow if you go on holidays and forgot to put them on stasis? the credit cost should be the only penalization for all of this.

-snip-

Or, if your computer breaks and you can't log on for a while...

1- Since eggs have a low drop chance, have to be farmed on a low level planet and cant be desecrated, they should at least let us carry more than one egg at the same time.

The egg you "carry", you don't "carry" it but just pick it and get it back to the ship, then the incubator keep it alive for you.

And as you can see the egg is pretty big so it's normal you can only get one since the incubator has to keep it.

And i'm not sure you can put an egg on stasis without killing the poor kubrow.

Edited by Trichouette

The egg you "carry", you don't "carry" it but just pick it and get it back to the ship, then the incubator keep it alive for you.

And as you can see the egg is pretty big so it's normal you can only get one since the incubator has to keep it.

And i'm not sure you can put an egg on stasis without killing the poor kubrow.

You got a valid point there but why they put such a low drop rate? there is multiple kubrow living on the same den, they dont like to do the "seks" thing or what? you already have to burn 100k credit for another incubation power core, thats a good trade-off for a increase drop chance imo.

I agree with Rhaenxys's points, I was going to post my own Kubrow improvement request but its best to keep everything in one Feedback post. Kubrows are what attracted me to warframe at the start, and a lot of other players too... but they don't stay around long when they figure out how the system works.

1. The egg carry amount has got to change, I spent more then 4 weeks on earth missions before I found my first egg, and I ironically after I found my first egg another dropped in the mission directly afterword which I couldn't carry. How about increasing the limit to 5? one egg for each of the kubrow breeds to increase the chances of finding the specific breed you want.

2. Please, for the love of all that is tenno, remove the mechanic that makes our Kubrows die. I understand DE needs to make money out of platinum purchases, but forcing players to spend huge amounts of credits OR the easy platinum way of buying DNA stabilizers is driving away players in hordes. The stabilizers can last up to 24 days, or 12, I'm not sure if its changed, I don't want to waste platinum on that, and I can't make enough credits to keep up with the expense (some players have to work or study, which means they play only a few short hours a week). I normally make around 10K or 15K credits in a week coz I don't have enough time to play that much. The stasis slot just isn't a good enough solution for someone who wants to use their kubrow, its fine for when your breeding with them or going to be away from internet a while.

Suggestion:

How about keeping the DNA stabilizers, sell them in a set of 3, increase the maturity time (already hatched) of a kubrow to 3 days and require players to give the pup a dose each of those 3 days (use the same time mechanic), if they miss a dose the % bonus health will decrease. Once the pup matures the last % bonus health becomes permanent, the need for DNA stabilizers is now removed on maturity = no more auto dieing kubrows. Stasis slots are to be used similar to warframe slots and obtained by platinum purchase. To compensate for the platinum income lost due to the removal of constant DNA stabilizer use, create accessories for Kubrows similar to those of our warframes and sentinels. Attachments like cosmetic armor, different collars, heck I'd love to buy my kubrow some corprus and infested style attachments, maybe even helmets?

With my above suggestion the credits price of stabilizers can stay the same as it is now because it wont be used that often, solo players like me will be more attracted to this system and we can manage the high prices... it was a hot discussion topic in my clan, we lost members because of the current system.

To anybody reading and following this post, if you like my suggestion and Rhaenxys's points please give us a 1 up by clicking the green arrow next to our posts, hopefully it'll get noticed by the devs and they'll consider bring changes.

Edited by WolfEcho

Few hotfixes ago DE did some good changes about Kubrows but i still find two things a bit "illogical".

I have countless times when i already have the luck of getting an egg and suddenthly another comes in the next few missions, there is no particular reason to leave this as it is right now, the low drop rate already makes for it.

Side note: sorry for my broken english, my doggie ate my english 101 book.

I was running Earth for the Halloween event. I personally saw 4 eggs in 32 missions. I hardly call that "rare" since killing dens was not even my priority. Even if I was really lucky and they drop 1/20 missions (on a full Kubrow dens kills on map), Kubrows were not exactly designed to be collected by the dozen.

Why everyone wants to trivialize the whole Kubrow experience to 50 Stasis Chambers full of "rejects" because nothing but a Lotus pattern Kubrow is good enough is beyond me.

If anything, annoy DE to allow consistent results with splicing, to guarantee whatever the hell Kubrow it is that you want and get it over with.

I was running Earth for the Halloween event. I personally saw 4 eggs in 32 missions. I hardly call that "rare" since killing dens was not even my priority. Even if I was really lucky and they drop 1/20 missions (on a full Kubrow dens kills on map), Kubrows were not exactly designed to be collected by the dozen.

Why everyone wants to trivialize the whole Kubrow experience to 50 Stasis Chambers full of "rejects" because nothing but a Lotus pattern Kubrow is good enough is beyond me.

If anything, annoy DE to allow consistent results with splicing, to guarantee whatever the hell Kubrow it is that you want and get it over with.

Just because you got 4 eggs out of your 32 missions (odd that you actually counted how many times you did the mission) it doesn't mean everyone else has that same amount of luck. If you do the math that's still a low drop %, and have to calculate it on number of dens destroyed v number of dens that produced an egg, not how many missions you did because that's in no way an accurate indication of drop chance.

If you took the time to read the rest of the posts you might have given a more sensible reply and the point of this threat would maybe not be "beyond you", not everyone cares about the pattern on their kubrow, nobody even mentioned a pattern except you. The MAIN reason why we want to carry more eggs and not have our kubrows die is because we want one of each breed. If you haven't checked yet, each breed has a specific set of skills and they are different in form and function (not pattern, patterns are randomly generated unless you use a traded imprint, or buy them in the market, they are purely cosmetic).

Like sentinels, there is a specific breed for stealth, frontal assault and farming/resource gathering. Since you can't select the breed you want without using someone else's imprint, it takes a few tries of random generation. Your next comment might be "well just go trade for an imprint then", which would be a good solution, but in my case my internet blocks all form of multiplayer and trading activity (udp ports blocked to prevent torrent use) and I'm not the only user with this problem, so we are forced to use random generation.

The goal is not to annoy DE or anyone really, its to make the game better for current and future players who are and would be put off by a constantly, slowly dieing perma-death companion. Kubrows are attracting new players to the game, and putting them off because of the bad mechanics, its not sustainable.

Or, hey,  plainly remove DNA stabilization.

It's not about the price, it's about the "service". Maintaining a Kubrow is a chore to me, that's why my rank 2 dog is in the stasis chamber ... and she will stay there for all eternity.

These "hostage" mechanics annoy me to no end. So much that I painfully decide not to make use of part of the game.

A suggestion I would like to add for kubrows is this:

Change the timer on defrost of a frozen kubrow to a timer to freeze.

There is very few things more annoying than going "I want to play with my kubrow! Oh DAMN! I forget to realise I wanted to play with him 3 hours prior to thinking of it!" -_- If the goal of the 3 hour penalty was to prevent us from hot swapping kubrows then this should be equally effective and a much less frustrating system.  If on the other hand the goal was to "encourage" kubrow defrost rushing and force us to play plat to get to play with them conveniently after freezing them, then this is a system I no longer want to have any part of.

I can't justify the farming time to leave a kubrow out of stasis and pay for the stabilizers when I only want to play with them in specific missions or rarely at random on a whim. So having to have 3 hours of forethought in order to use them is just disheartening.