Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On How The Grineer Military Is Structured?

FaerieBanshee

Sorry but I don't follow you on that point : look at the Greeks. Even in conflicts where they were outnumbered : they'd do a Phalanx formation and bam!! Waves of persians couldn't pierce their defense. Organizing your army, as a general, is vital man. Sun Tzu & Napoleon can confirm this. :p

Currently, the Shield Lancers are as close to phalanx in-game I think, haha. I really like their tactics and how other troops crowd behind Shield Lancers because it stands out in an otherwise formation-lacking army. My only grudge with the Shield Lancers being they sometimes open up their shields to fire their Vipers which is a very dumb thing to do.

Edited by FaerieBanshee

of course an air arm is unnecessary. that was part of my point in that the way we define military ranks (here in the real world) doesn't really apply to space. -- things would be quite different as a water-born navy isn't necessary nor is an air-force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terran_Federation_(Starship_Troopers)

specific excerpt that i'm referring to:

The Terran Federation's military appears to be divided into an Army and a Navy (that uses spacecraft instead of ships and doubles as an air force). The dozens of non-combat and support branches include units for logisticsbiological/chemical weapons development, and terraforming. The "Sky Marshal" commands the entire military. To be eligible for the post of Sky Marshal, an officer must reach certain high ranks in both the Army and the Navy.

It seems to me that DE borrowed heavily upon Heinlein's concept of the terran federation for the idea behind the origination of the grineer, however eons of missteps has lead to the current, twisted, end-result.

edit, sorry for the discoloration, as always, copy/paste from any other site results in this. :(

Yeah, I think that's pretty much what I had in mind. :D

Except rather than a Sky Marshal it would be the Twin Queens. XD

Having read the books and watched the anime a long time ago, my memory of Starship Troopers is a tad hazy. Especially after watching the films. That probably hastened the process of Starship Trooper memory loss. D:

Yeah, I think that's pretty much what I had in mind. :D

Except rather than a Sky Marshal it would be the Twin Queens. XD

Having read the books and watched the anime a long time ago, my memory of Starship Troopers is a tad hazy. Especially after watching the films. That probably hastened the process of Starship Trooper memory loss. D:

There might be someone else as 'Sky Marshal'. The Twin Queens must have relied on someone to build up the grineer empire. Vor, Hek and Ruk don't sound like they are up for such a task. Maybe DE will introduce that character in the Balor event.

There might be someone else as 'Sky Marshal'. The Twin Queens must have relied on someone to build up the grineer empire. Vor, Hek and Ruk don't sound like they are up for such a task. Maybe DE will introduce that character in the Balor event.

Going all the way back to the start of the Grineer Empire opens up a whole new host of questions. The first few generations of Grineer clones were probably all at their physical best and didn't have prosthetics and implants. Who cloned them? And why? Were the Twin Queens in power in the early days of the Grineer Empire? How did the Grineer even become an Empire in the first place?

A lot of questions with pretty much no answers. XD

Personally, I like to think that the Twin Queens were actually Orokin scientists who survived the Collapse and stole some Orokin cloning tech. They then tried to recreate the Orokin Empire (or an equally majestic empire of their own) and it all went sorta downhill from there with all the genetic degeneration and whatnot.

Going all the way back to the start of the Grineer Empire opens up a whole new host of questions. The first few generations of Grineer clones were probably all at their physical best and didn't have prosthetics and implants. Who cloned them? And why? Were the Twin Queens in power in the early days of the Grineer Empire? How did the Grineer even become an Empire in the first place?

A lot of questions with pretty much no answers. XD

There's a good reason people are thirsty for lore. The universe is setup in an interesting way and has the potential for meaningful and enjoyable stories to emerge. I just wish they could get good writers to start working on it. Covering the history of the grineer empire will be useful info to the tenno and should in one way or another be covered ingame.