Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Crashing Has Reached 9000.

ThePresident777

Some more information would probably help the troubleshooting process to find out the cause of your crashing.

- Have you verified & optimized your game cache via the Warframe Launcher?

- Are you making sure to launch the game in either DX11 or DX10 mode (with only one of them checked and not both)?

- Are your GPU drivers and system software up to date?

- What's your system specifications (OS included)?

- Are you getting the crash reporter when you crash?

- If you're getting a WAR-######, have you submitted a support ticket with the WAR-###### given by the crash reporter?

To add, the first two crashes today were on phobos infestation and the third was in round 4 Cerberus Pluto.  All three crashes auto generated a report.  Did not contact support.  Didn't know any better.  Will check the rest of the suggested stuff.

Edited by ThePresident777

Ok, had both DX 10 and 11 checked.  Unchecked DX 10.  Didn't see any DX 9 check box.  Verified Cache.  Will go in game now.

I have not looked at those settings in months so I don't how both DX 10 and 11 got checked at the same time.  For all I know it's been like that for months and it's only now that I am crashing.  IIRC, De stated they removed DX 9?  Maybe DX 9 used to resolve certain issues, a default stateof sorts  maybe, and now that it's gone ... crash.

Some more information would probably help the troubleshooting process to find out the cause of your crashing.

- Are you making sure to launch the game in either DX11 or DX10 mode (with only one of them checked and not both)?

- If you're getting a WAR-######, have you submitted a support ticket with the WAR-###### given by the crash reporter?

- Have you verified & optimized your game cache via the Warframe Launcher?: yes
 - Are you making sure to launch the game in either DX11 or DX10 mode (with only one of them checked and not both)?: fixed, will test later when Im not running on power saver mode.
 - Are your GPU drivers and system software up to date?: As far as I can tell yes since my computer yells at me any time I try to update them.
 - What's your system specifications (OS included)?:
Windows 8.1 64-bit Os, x64 processor
Intel i5-4200U processor
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400
(I think thats everything, if Im missing a peice of hardware please let me know and I can find it.)
 - Are you getting the crash reporter when you crash?: I dont even make it that far. My computer just freezes and I have no option except to turn it off and back on.
 - If you're getting a WAR-######, have you submitted a support ticket with the WAR-###### given by the crash reporter?: See above answer

Edited by Iceski13

To add, the first two crashes today were on phobos infestation and the third was in round 4 Cerberus Pluto.  All three crashes auto generated a report.  Did not contact support.  Didn't know any better.  Will check the rest of the suggested stuff.

Ok, had both DX 10 and 11 checked.  Unchecked DX 10.  Didn't see any DX 9 check box.  Verified Cache.  Will go in game now.

I have not looked at those settings in months so I don't how both DX 10 and 11 got checked at the same time.  For all I know it's been like that for months and it's only now that I am crashing.  IIRC, De stated they removed DX 9?  Maybe DX 9 used to resolve certain issues, a default stateof sorts  maybe, and now that it's gone ... crash.

You should definitely create a support ticket the next time you get the crash reporter. Those numbers are important because they allow Support staff to associate the uploaded crash reports with your name.

Also, some users report that leaving DX10 and DX11 both unchecked (both unchecked makes the game run in DX9 mode, as there is no DX9 checkbox) makes the game stable.

- What's your system specifications (OS included)?:

Windows 8.1 64-bit Os, x64 processor
Intel i5-4200U processor
(I think thats everything, if Im missing a peice of hardware please let me know and I can find it.)

- Are you getting the crash reporter when you crash?: I dont even make it that far. My computer just freezes and I have no option except to turn it off and back on.

- If you're getting a WAR-######, have you submitted a support ticket with the WAR-###### given by the crash reporter?: See above answer

Do you know what your GPU is? Is it Nvidia, AMD or Intel?

Also, if you're crashing that bad, you should open a support ticket and send in a copy of your EE.log file (make sure you grab the EE.log after you crash/have to forcibly restart your computer and before you try to run the game again, as running the game again will delete the old EE.log and start making a new one), as well as a generated dxdiag.txt file.

The EE.log file can be located in your "%appdata%\local\Warframe" folder, or just "C:\Users\<Your Windows Name>\appdata\local\Warframe\", and you can generate a dxdiag.txt file by running dxdiag from a run prompt and selecting "save information".

I have a weird problem, when my screen starts flashing colors, blacks out, and then I crash, but I can still hear stuff in the game.

Since patch 15, I crash at least 4 times per night. It is getting REALLY frustrating. Now my squad is leaving defense and survival missions early for the simple fact that we are afraid the game is going to poop on us... I know every hotfix includes game crash fixes but really? Are there really this many in the game?

Why would you release a product that does more harm then good?

I don't even get crash reports. My entire game just freezes and I have to close it via task manager.

Edited by DotADane