Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Missions Don't Feel Big, They Make Me Feel Small

Archistopheles

This feedback is more focused on Corpus "trench run" missions than the open-space Intercept variety.

It's hard to explain, since I lack the proper technical training needed to accurately describe 'why' I feel this way, but I'm going to try anyway :)

When I'm flying around a Corpus ship, all the objects and textures look familiar, but it looks like they've been stretched 10x larger than I am used to. Enemies (Ospreys) are also larger than normal. This makes me feel like an insect flying around a normal mission, instead of a normal-sized Tenno flying around a gigantic ship.

I hope that makes sense. Maybe other players can add to this.

Detail, detail and more detail is what's needed, the lack of it makes it look like everything is normal-size whilst you're just down-scaled. I get that feeling too, they should improve the texture quality in the trenches and just increase the overall amount of detail.

Edited by double0gamer

Detail, detail and more detail is what's needed, the lack of it makes it look like everything is normal-size whilst you're just down-scaled. I get that feeling too, they should improve the texture quality in the trenches and just increase the overall amount of detail.

fast map navigation, open rooms, higher quality textures sounds like a FPS killer 

I dont think additional detail is this issue. i think the issue is familiarity.

enemies and objects we've come to understand as a certain size are being reused in these archwing maps in a way that feels wrong. the ospreys are a good example. I have always known them to be small now they've grown which makes me feel small. the same (in reverse) would be true if a tiny elephant crossed my path. I would feel huge! but i know im normal size and the elephant is small because my environment is the correct size. back to the ospreys. they feel big because now the crates and doorways that we've come to know as tenno size are also huge (along with other things). Now the osprey is big in a big environment....so more feasibly, i must be the thing that changed.

It would be a lot of work but if DE did not use anything (or many things) related to on-foot missions in the "wrong sizes' we could potentially get that large map feeling we have all been wanting.

We've definitely been shrunk. Here's me by a re-used stair asset:

ZF1W2Mi.jpg

I'm guessing the levels are normal sized and we've been made tiny so that we have a large space to move around in without nuking low end computers. Which is cool.

It would be nice if they took out all the on-foot assets though to maintain the illusion. I know small assets exist, there are regular sized doors and walkways in the Corpus generator room.