Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rope Dart

MatalvisDrake

If you read the topic title, then you might know what this is about. No, I don't want you guys to put Scorpion in the game. What I think you should throw in the game is his signature weapon, the Rope Dart, also known as the Johyo. 

If you ever played the latest Assassins Creed games, or any of the Mortal Kombat games, then you know how deadly this weapon can be.

At this link you will find a guy showing his amazing skills with this weapon, and one shudders when they ask what a Tenno could do with it. 

A rope dart often consists of a long cord, maybe about ten to sixteen feet long, and has a dart or blade with either a single, or multiple edges surrounded by a piece of cloth or horse hair. 

When a Rope Dart has a more blunt object instead of a blade, the weapon is then called a Meteor Hammer. This minor detail can introduce the possibility of more then one stance for this weapon.

The normal blade variant would focus more on puncture damage while the Meteor Hammer will have blunt damage.

With this weapon you could either adapt known styles or create some of your own. One thing that would be good though is if you can impale an enemy and pull them to you, or be able to attach the other end of the cord to the environment, putting your foe on a leash.

Another thing you could try is to throw the dart up to a ledge above you and be able to swing with the weapon like a Warframe themed Spider Man.

I think this weapon would be amazing in game, and would look awesome if it was adapted to fit in that world.

Hope you like the idea, and hope the creators of Warframe read this as well.      

One thing that would be good though is if you can impale an enemy and pull them to you, or be able to attach the other end of the cord to the environment, putting your foe on a leash.

Another thing you could try is to throw the dart up to a ledge above you and be able to swing with the weapon like a Warframe themed Spider Man.

As a Valkyr user, I feel like you're trying to take my job away :/

jk, I really like the idea of a meteor hammer in Warframe :D Its style separates it from the likes of other whips because it lacks a definite handle, and is swung around more like a flail. It'd be nice if you had some concept art of what a rope dagger/meteor hammer would be like in the Warframe universe :)

No, Valkyr is more like Batman. You do the grappling hook right to where you aim. When I say Spider Man, I mean throw the cord up and then swing like Tarzan and kick someone in the face. 

This could help you cross gaps, but wont lift you higher then the elevation you are already at. 

Thanks for showing your support. 

it would be cool. but if they did something like that, they would HAVE to add in some sort of assassination with it. Think batman knock out in batman arkahm city. You throw it down an dyank them up before gutting them like a fish. Would be sweet, and add a new element of assassination to the game.