Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame, Weapon Poll Thread

SlaserX

Question

I am looking to build a more end-game layout for myself, and I am wondering what everyone thinks can be the best end-game frame and weapon, using full resources, mods, formas, etc. 

I am running Frost Prime with Hek/Sobek, Hikou and Fang, and I want to know what I should change before spending all my resources in order to maximize my strength.

Let me know what you all think,

12 answers to this question

My personal running is Rhino Prime with some formas for redirection and such, then reaper prime melee, brakk as a secondary as it can one shot anything is modded right, then primary is your choice, usually the mainstream is Soma, Boltor Prime as a close second, and maybe Ogris for special missions.

It's less about the frame, more about the modding.

What kind of frames do you like to use?

How good is your Aim?

what Types of Primary Weapons do you like to use?

(Single High Nuke damage or Damage per second?)

Secondary weapon should be somhing you enojy using

Melee weapon depends on stance combo Prefreence + style

mods you 100% need at max

Redirection

Vitality

Surration

Split chamber

Hornet Strike

Barrel Defusion

Leathal Torrent

Fury + pressure point

My favorite setup for true end-game (Corrupted lvl 80+) is Mag Prime, with Dread, Tysis, and Dakra Prime. This is assuming the group is running with 4x CP.

Shield Polarize takes out the lesser enemies, leaving just one per explosion area, and a huge chunk off of the heavies. Dread is built with Viral damage, to take out the surviving units and heavies with a single shot. Tysis is built for Rad/Viral procs, to confuse and weaken enemies, and the melee is setup purely for a health restore (Life Strike) when safe to do so.

When not running 4x CP, I like to use either a CC frame, or Nova (with Marelok to charge AMD [although I'm thinking of trying out Tiberon for that]).

I want a frame that can survive (That's why I've been Frosting it up), but I want to actually do damage now. I've gone through Excalibur Prime, Trinity(WHYYYYY!), Banshee (WHYYYYY!), Nyx, Volt, Nekros, so far, so I've made some seriously bad decisions in my life...

My aim is pretty solid, I survived leveling Ogris, Snipetron, all the bows in the universe, and I'm rounding out a Miter right now, and I am soooo over charge weapons it's not even funny.

Secondary, I love Hikou and Kunai, but I've been trying to get a Despair since Update 8, but the Stalker hates me, so I'll probably go with that if I even find it (Wish me luck!)

Melee I'm trying out the Nikana, which I'll make Dragon once it's done to 30--it seems solid, but I need its stance, but again, Stalker hates me T_T

Thankfully, I have many of those "needed" mods at max, or very close, and those that I don't, I can easily make. I am just trying to find the best build with the best input. Warframe-Builder has been a huge help so far at this, but I welcome any input! I love to hear what people think, and what they love <3

"I am looking to build a more end-game layout for myself"

is a bit vague, there are endgame weapons that are hard to use and you really wouldn't bring them into a t4 exterm for example.

Endgame is a really random term in a game that has potentially limitless levels.

What is endgame?

above level 10?

above level 20?

above level 50?

above level 100?

above level 500?

Each one has a different gun choice and frame setup.

For what I call "endgame" (100+) shields, health and armor are Pointless since everything kills you in 1 shot.

Vs a level 100 target guns like Soma and Boltor prime run out of ammo very quickly and snipers rule.

you wish to become stronger then:

Frames: Rhino Prime/Ash/Nova/Nekros/Nyx Prime/Loki Prime/Excalibur

Primary: Soma/Boltor Prime/Amprex/Penta

Secondary: Brakk/Marelok/Lex Prime/Stug

melee: Dakra Prime/Dual Ichors/Scindo Prime/Dragon Nikana

These are not really "endgame weapons/frames" but they are strong weapons and good for quickly doing low and medium level content, I recommend almost all of them.

and alot of things are based on Opinion, Like I would remove Let prime from that list as Marelok is a direct upgrade in almost every way.

I would add duel pistols to secondarys; Akmagnus, Akvasto, Akbolto all solid semi auto choices with burst damage far above Rifles.

Launchers work very well vs high level enemies Ogris with very high burst aoe, and torid with comically high sustained damage.

True endgame frames are ones that have no limits, where there skills work regardless of level, health and armor

Mag, Loki, Nova, Frost, Nyx etc

but these are not always the best for clearing content.

Sayrn has a static damage ultimate that becomes pointless at "endgame" but can still clear rooms of what many people may consider endgame, and was the best frame choice in the last event

Edited by Tatersail

Thanks for the response Tatersail. I've been thinking a lot about this, and working on my plans. I've been coming up with reasonable weapon builds, and blew through four formas for my Hek to bring it up to speed a bit.

For endgame, I mean being able to reasonably attempt higher missions, T4s, etc. So not level 20s... more like 50s+.

Where do you even see mobs of level 100+? I haven't seen that since the early days of Warframe.

I've often considered building a Torid due to its "comically high sustained damage," but is that ultimately dependable as a weapon in higher missions? Or is Ogris going to get me more bang for my buck? 

I know I want to build out a decent sniper, but I haven't used a true sniper since the Snipetron--all the bows are as close as I've been of late, and I wonder if any of the newer snipers are really worth it. I've seen arguments back and forth as to which is best (and doesn't require a Primed Chamber), but I don't really see one that is overwhelmingly better than the rest.

My personal running is Rhino Prime with some formas for redirection and such, then reaper prime melee, brakk as a secondary as it can one shot anything is modded right, then primary is your choice, usually the mainstream is Soma, Boltor Prime as a close second, and maybe Ogris for special missions.

It's less about the frame, more about the modding.

If its endgame brakk wont oneshot.

Also,EVREYONE is using that dammed boltor,

I dont think it even have a close second, didnt saw soma for about a week

Thanks for the response Tatersail. I've been thinking a lot about this, and working on my plans. I've been coming up with reasonable weapon builds, and blew through four formas for my Hek to bring it up to speed a bit.

For endgame, I mean being able to reasonably attempt higher missions, T4s, etc. So not level 20s... more like 50s+.

Where do you even see mobs of level 100+? I haven't seen that since the early days of Warframe.

I've often considered building a Torid due to its "comically high sustained damage," but is that ultimately dependable as a weapon in higher missions? Or is Ogris going to get me more bang for my buck? 

I know I want to build out a decent sniper, but I haven't used a true sniper since the Snipetron--all the bows are as close as I've been of late, and I wonder if any of the newer snipers are really worth it. I've seen arguments back and forth as to which is best (and doesn't require a Primed Chamber), but I don't really see one that is overwhelmingly better than the rest.

Level 100 are about 60 min in T4S if you up agianst level 50 most of weapons can do fine