Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Ran Warframe

Altrunchen

If you were in charge of Warframe and whatever changes you wanted to make would be implemented, what would you do or change?

This is not a suggestion thread, because most of the changes I would want to implement would probably never be accepted anyways. I'm also interested to hear what you guys would do if you were in charge as well.

I don't know about you guys but this is how I would do things:

Crafting:

-Blueprints, once recovered, are never lost. Because no one in their right mind would throw out blueprints after making something with them.

Trading:

-Trading is conducted in an anonymous auction-house system located on the ship and no longer requires access to a dojo.

-Dojo trades would still enable non-anonymous transactions.

-All collectable resources are tradeable

-Finished products can be traded

Weapons:

-Weapons retain their individual level and mod system

-Each weapon has 10 models that are leveled and scaled to be appropriate for different mastery ranks. The stat boost would apply to all weapon stats using this formula ((Master Rank Required/3)*Weapon Stat). Each model would have to be crafted/ traded. The higher the model-level, the more expensive and longer it takes to make.

Events:

-Players get an affinity and xp boost on their birthday.

Objects:

-User avatars would not be pre-set images, but would be head-shots of one of their Tenno from in-game. This way there is more variety in avatars without running the risk of someone uploading something inappropriate.

PVP:

-There would be a special PVP mode where you have 16 players. Either four teams of 4 or two teams of 8 playing various game-modes. There would also be a 16-person battle royale mode as well.

-Once a year, a grand-tournament would be held. Six divisions based on Mastery Rank would be available for people to compete in:

Div 6: MR 0-5

Div 5: MR 6-10

Div 4: MR 11-15

Div 3: MR 16-20

Div 2: MR 21-25

Div 1: MR 26-30

Each match would be a 4-person battle-royale consisting of 10 rounds. The winner is the person with the highest kill to death ratio at the end of the match.

Matches would appear as alerts on the HUD, and the tournament would last for 30 days. At the end of 30 days, whoever has the most wins versus losses is declared the winner of their division. There would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each division. The prizes would be:

-1st place: 1000*|division number-7| platinum, Gold-Medal (of your division) event badge, A special metallic-gold skin to apply to the warframe you used the most to win.

-2nd place: 500*|division number-7| platinum, Silver-Medal (of your division) event badge, A special metallic-silver skin to apply to the warframe you used the most to win.

-3rd place: 250*|division number-7| platinum, Bronze-Medal (of your division) event badge, A special metallic-bronze skin to apply to the warframe you used the most to win.

Subscriptions:

-Players could subscribe to Warframe for monthly stipends of platinum and credits.

Bronze Membership:

-$2.50 per month

-30,000 credits gained once per month

-100 Platinum gained once per month

Silver Membership:

-$5.00 per month

-60,000 credits gained once per month

-200 Platinum gained once per month

Gold Membership:

-$7.50 per month

-90,000 credits gained once per month

-300 Platinum gained once per month

Platinum Membership:

-$10.00 per month

-120,000 credits gained once per month

-400 Platinum gained once per month

-Free-to-play mode would still exist and not be denied content just because of the presence of subscribers.

What would you guys do if you ran Warframe?

Edited by Altrunchen

Dark Sector Conflicts

To me a solar rail battle should be between 2 giant ships duking it out ala Star Wars Battlefront 2! There would be multiple components of each ship; sheild generator, reactor core, engine room, point defense computer grid, communications array, data archieve, transport ship docking bay, life support, medical bay, armory, etc; you could include more players like 8 v 8; you'd spawn on your ship and have to use your archwing or board a transport ship to travel across, npc reinforcements would spawn / travel in a similar fashion. The war would keep waging until 1 of the ships were destroyed or one retreats, no 12 hour time limit.

Best,

Extrokold Founder of The Order Alliance

Edited by (XB1)ExtroKold

Conclave

Lower Reflex Guard's chance to 20%, get rid of bleed out, balance abilities (to much to balance to put it in this one comment), make the damage the way it was before update 14, add back sling shot parkour, lower the radius of explosive, make it so that explosive's blast can't go through walls...(probably gonna think of more)

Edited by Rakshal

I would hire an internal test team, create a public test server, and merge PC & PS4. Updates and hot fixed would be released simultaneously with very little to no bugs, the community would be huge, and the game would thrive.

After that I would focus on fixing balance issues and any existing bugs. Once that was ironed out it would be a matter of fleshing out existing content before adding new stuff so the experience felt complete.

I would make the game so mind-numbingly difficult, you'd need actual military training to even begin to survive longer than 3 seconds a mission. Deaths would also mean you have to refarm your frame again, and the only free one would be a default blank one with no abilities and no shields. And no mod slots. Also, you'd lose 2 Mastery Ranks with every death.

Edited by Sidathe

Arcane helmets would cease to exist, and would all be converted to non-arcane. All current owners of Arcane helmets would be compensated in materials and an amount of plat per helmet, additional plat compensation if the non-arcane helm was also owned. This change, or at least the last part, would be made without prior announcement to avoid abuse. (or, if we're talking me being in charge at a sooner point, arcane helmets wouldn't have existed at all, stats on helmets would have simply gone away, and have been compensated in materials and a bit of plat. If you're curious, I do actually have all arcane helmets, I still don't think they're a good idea).

Event mods would become obtainable within 2 months of the event.

Profile icon packs would be split so that each pack only contains one helmet's designs, no more being forced to pay double just because you want the default or series 1 helmet icon!

Rewards in endless missions would not start over completely. Credit reward would also scale with how far you go. Normal (non-endless) missions would have worthwhile rewards as well.

Rare material drops would stand out from normal drops.

There would be more badges to go on the regular (not event) badge slot, including mastery rank badges.

Every Syndicate would offer 2 Large Team restores instead of one, and their ally would offer the other two, allowing anyone to get all 4 without having to grind through betrayal.

Also, New Loka would be allied with Red Veil, and Perrin Sequence allies with Steel Meridian. Enemy/opposed relations of these factions would move around as well to keep things balanced. To be honest, this is mostly just because I want to support both Perrin and Meridian without having to support veil, and the perrin-meridian enemy relationship seems arbitrary.

Syndicates would not ask for a catalyst or reactor as sacrifice. The replacement sacrifice would still be significant, however, just less pay-wall. Probably a weapon, maybe even a clantech weapon.

I'd add a Tenno owned planet in the Solar System where players can meet up to socialize. So pretty much the never-ending fun of regional chat with a way to view + roam around with other players. 

I think you're going to like Update 15.5.

I'd rebalance/update mastery ranks for weapons. So, that it better reflects the damage (they do) to mastery rank (of players). Also, gating levels of planets by mastery rank as well. I'd rather have slightly more knowledgable and experienced players in my viver, sechura, or whatever runs. I don't expect it to be rank 16 for me Pluto, but 6 or 7 sounds more plausible. Rank 1s coming into a match and getting slaughtered every few seconds gets kind of old.

I'd make this game the first Stealth free to play & launch it on a Nintendo console aswell.

i'd also add nunchuks, tenno from other cultures(a persian,an african frame), give it a difficulty like the good old games,cosmetics bought with plats or earned through hard work. miscellaneous cosmetics like hoodies from the marjet directly ingame, every frame based on a community concept have its "original" skin, give a lot of variety to enemies,give final bosses for every faction,include a boss rush...

I'd do everything I can to make Warframe unique and enter videogame history, alongside Mario,Lara Croft and so on.

Edited by unknow99

I'd make this game the first Stealth free to play & launch it on a Nintendo console aswell.

i'd also add nunchuks, tenno from other cultures(a persian,an african frame), give it a difficulty like the good old games,cosmetics bought with plats or earned through hard work. miscellaneous cosmetics like hoodies from the marjet directly ingame, every frame based on a community concept have its "original" skin, give a lot of variety to enemies,give final bosses for every faction,include a boss rush...

I'd do everything I can to make Warframe unique and enter videogame history, alongside Mario,Lara Croft and so on.

Could you imagine playing warframe on the Wii? Your arms would get SOOO tired O-o.

Could you imagine playing warframe on the Wii? Your arms would get SOOO tired O-o.

Aww man, I'd use a classic controller! (o°)

Imagine yourself zorencoptering to death...

(on the Wii U however,that'll work. And we'd even play WF with a portable pad! )

Edited by unknow99

1.) I'd add dedicated servers to specific parts of the world and separate them into 5 different hubs in each server.

2.) I'd recreate the trading system and establish an auction house for petty items and a specialized trading tab system for specifically ranked mods, prime parts, keys, etc. Then do what Path Of Exile and Rift does on their trade system. Add in Shift>Click when typing to throw the item into the chat for everyone to see what it is, increasing your potential buyers, decrease the time it takes to type WTS/WTT/WTB/PC (insert item here) and show you aren't scamming.

3.) Create Movement 2.0. Basically redesign the parkour system to be more fluid, realistic and all around badass. Like a true ninja.

4.) Create an alternate gender variants of every Warframe.

5.) Design an Earth/Ground Warframe, a Nanotech Warframe, a Samurai Warframe, Time Based Warframe, listen to the community for even more ideas and tell the person who created Typhus, "It's never going to happen!", delete the forum post and delete any forum posts that even mention it. Just so they finally stop talking about it. Its a cool idea but I could go on all day on why it doesn't belong in this game... Anyway...

6.) Add various skins for Warframes, weapons, sentinels and Archwings on the market permanently like: Steampunk skins, phased skins, rubedo skins, day of the dead skins, gold trim skins, chrome skins, carbon fiber skins, immortal skins, etc.

7.) Re-establish the founders program but 25% more expensive because exclusives &!$$ people off. But just to be nice to the people who bought the founders access previously, they will permanently get 50% off all plat sales, prime access comes 75% off, the design council will still be restricted to only them and whenever their birthday passes they are gifted 1000p and 1 million credits.

8.) Bring back the old mods that were discontinued like Primed Chamber, Sacrifice, EMP, Affinity Amp, Electrical Resistance, Fire Resistance, Frost Insulation, Toxin Insulation, Laser Deflection, Shotgun Amp, Pistol Amp.

9.) All event mods would be added to the drop tables exactly 6 months after every event containing them.

10.) All event weapons will be added to the market for a price of 750p each. (The only part of every event that remains exclusive are the badges.)

11.) Fire all the community moderators and hire new ones. Lets have a fresh start. Everyone with warning points, permanent or temporary, gets a clean record.

12.) Rework a majority of weapons/Warframes to make them viable endgame.

13.) Add legit endgame material for veteran players.

14.) Add in an inter-galactic exploration. The other galaxies will have various other factions (good and bad), syndicates, and PvP/Raid Battles.

15.) Design more massive bosses, similar in size to Lephantis, for the Raid Battles.

16.) Finally, hire an orchestra to create an original soundtrack.

1. Bring back charge attacks in some form;  winding up a ridiculous grand slam attack is just plain fun.

2. Make Excalibur a true melee frame and give him a true rework.

3. Improve the trading system.  One easy QoL addition could be letting us "trade" with the trading machine itself to allow us to see what is and is not tradeable or check our stocks while in the dojo.

4. Make a more reliable boss to get neurodes from, as it stands the only neurode dropping bosses are behind single use keys which gets a little bit tedious.

5. last but not least, add more content- especially endgame content; which DE seems to be focusing on quite a bit already so yay! (pun intended)

Edited by Xeo_Nespydonum