Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Weapon Buffs :d

itsgametime1

While I definitely think that heavy weapons needed a buff, and got it with this patch...

I'm not sold. The changes seem arbitrary and lack polish, and in the process of buffing the heavy weapons, they made some of them worthless. The changes to the Magistar made it completely inferior to the Fragor, and the Jat Kittag's crit buff means that it's now nearly superior to the Fragor too. The Fragor's main strength before was its high 20% crit chance, allowing it to use Berserker. The Jat Kittag now has barely less crit chance, at 15%, but it also has 20 more base damage, 15% extra status chance, and more base attack speed on top of it. That's utterly absurd, even if it is clantech, and removes the only niche the Fragor had before the update.

In addition to my misgivings about the Jat Kittag and Scindo Prime basically eclipsing every other heavy weapon in the entire game, I'm also confused as to the massive crit buffs on heavy melee weapons when weapons like the Fang Prime and Ceramic Dagger still sit at around 5%. Or the complete disregard for scythes, which have cemented themselves as the worst heavy weapons in the game with this update.

Ideally, every melee weapon should get more love like the heavy weapons did. I'm just not sure if this is the best way to go about it - introducing strict weapon tierings into every weapon class that makes all but one weapon in the class obsolete. We already had enough of that with the Dakra Prime, so why introduce it elsewhere?

Edited by Rebulite

Soo, would Scindo Prime be better on Valkyr rather than atterax?

In theory, yes, it would be better.

It haves a higher base damage, a 20% crit chance vs 25% and x2 crit damage vs x3 and since hysteria doesnt take into account the attack speed of your current melee weapon... seems like a good choice, dont forget to use spoiled strike, pressure point, true steel and organ shatter to raise the hysteria damage.

While I definitely think that heavy weapons needed a buff, and got it with this patch...

I'm not sold. The changes seem arbitrary and lack polish, and in the process of buffing the heavy weapons, they made some of them worthless. The changes to the Magistar made it completely inferior to the Fragor, and the Jat Kittag's crit buff means that it's now nearly superior to the Fragor too. The Fragor's main strength before was its high 20% crit chance, allowing it to use Berserker. The Jat Kittag now has barely less crit chance, at 15%, but it also has 20 more base damage, 15% extra status chance, and more base attack speed on top of it. That's utterly absurd, even if it is clantech, and removes the only niche the Fragor had before the update.

In addition to my misgivings about the Jat Kittag and Scindo Prime basically eclipsing every other heavy weapon in the entire game, I'm also confused as to the massive crit buffs on heavy melee weapons when weapons like the Fang Prime and Ceramic Dagger still sit at around 5%. Or the complete disregard for scythes, which have cemented themselves as the worst heavy weapons in the game with this update.

Ideally, every melee weapon should get more love like the heavy weapons did. I'm just not sure if this is the best way to go about it - introducing strict weapon tierings into every weapon class that makes all but one weapon in the class obsolete. We already had enough of that with the Dakra Prime, so why introduce it elsewhere?

Well, some weapons have to be stronger than others. It's not an issue of power creep. It's just progression from newbie to veteran.

There's really no reason to hate this update since every weapon got a buff. Yes, some got greater buffs than others, but they're still buffs.

to me the problem was never the lack of damage on the weapons. it was more the lack of mobility and slow attack speed. i am not sure why people are so excited about it. not trying to be a hater, just saying. unless you can 1-shot things you are still going to have the same problems of being reduced to walking speed and getting stuck in slow animation chains. 

to me the problem was never the lack of damage on the weapons. it was more the lack of mobility and slow attack speed. i am not sure why people are so excited about it. not trying to be a hater, just saying. unless you can 1-shot things you are still going to have the same problems of being reduced to walking speed and getting stuck in slow animation chains. 

Well, heavy weapons got an indirect buff along those lines with air melee. They have much larger air dashes than light weapons, especially when aimed up.

Combine that with the damage for 1-2 hit kills, and heavy weapons are now very viable. 

That's why they now have a 15% crit chance, so that you can use Berserker on them and make a crit build.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

I love the new higher damage, but it still does not fix the issue of some heavy weapons being completely inferior to others. It really should not be that hard to give each one a strength and weakness compared to the others to make them all viable

But no, the Gram is still just plain worse than the Galatine. Lower range, lower damage, and they both cost basically the same to craft. At least with the Fragor and jat Kitag the better one is harder to get. Would it be so much to ask for the Gram to get a speed boost? I doubt that bringing its attack speed up to 1.1 or 1.2 would break the game. And it makes sense that the smallest heavy sword/axe in the game would also be the fastest. At least it is not completely overshadowed by the Scindo as well as the Galatine any more.

But, I guess since everyone was complaining about the Galatine, and I seem to be the only one complaining about the Gram, the Galatine gets all the love and us Gram fans get second place.