Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Winxp Predicament] May Be A Coincidence... But...

dadaddadada

It's very much time to move on from XP, when the company that made the system stops support for it because it is so old and they have multiple newer and usually better versions out, people shouldn't expect that other companies will keep up support for their products on that system.

Well, it's either a crazy coincidence, or it's seriously time to move on from XP.

It's very much time to move on from XP, when the company that made the system stops support for it because it is so old and they have multiple newer and usually better versions out, people shouldn't expect that other companies will keep up support for their products on that system.

Fun fact: I have a fully functional win 7 machine but im running XP for mere betatesting and providing feedback.

This thread isn't supposed to fall into yet another XP support yes/no debate.

Edited by dadaddadada

Fun fact: I have a fully functional win 7 machine but im running XP for mere betatesting and providing feedback.

This thread isn't supposed to fall into yet another XP support yes/no debate.

newer yes but better? im not so sure especially if vista fall into this, anyways my take is this,

you lot cannot keep using xp as being old as an excuse, if DE say it works with xp and are making efforts for it to work with xp then it should be perfectly fair for people to complain when it doesnt.

newer yes but better? im not so sure especially if vista fall into this, anyways my take is this,

you lot cannot keep using xp as being old as an excuse, if DE say it works with xp and are making efforts for it to work with xp then it should be perfectly fair for people to complain when it doesnt.

It will continue to be an excuse because it's true.  Developers are beginning to drop XP altogether because, surprise surprise, games tend to run better when they have more than 2gigs of ram and at least DX10 to work with.  This isn't a coincidence, this is kinda the point.  3 operating systems, nearly a decade, and even abandonment of support from the creating company itself - yeah, there comes a point where maybe, just maybe, it would be in everyone's best interest to join the 21st and one-tenth century.

DE state Win Xp SP3 or higher as system requirements, so it should work on Win Xp SP3. if they didnt want to make it work on Xp they shouldnt have said it will, a lot of game developers do not support Xp but they will say that,

i know how old Xp is i know how bad it can be with large amounts of ram, its DX limitations DE should drop it from the list of supported OS's but they haven't so make it work

It will continue to be an excuse because it's true.  Developers are beginning to drop XP altogether because, surprise surprise, games tend to run better when they have more than 2gigs of ram and at least DX10 to work with.  This isn't a coincidence, this is kinda the point.  3 operating systems, nearly a decade, and even abandonment of support from the creating company itself - yeah, there comes a point where maybe, just maybe, it would be in everyone's best interest to join the 21st and one-tenth century.

DE state Win Xp SP3 or higher as system requirements, so it should work on Win Xp SP3. if they didnt want to make it work on Xp they shouldnt have said it will, a lot of game developers do not support Xp but they will say that,

i know how old Xp is i know how bad it can be with large amounts of ram, its DX limitations DE should drop it from the list of supported OS's but they haven't so make it work

Stop already.

cannonfodder1982 you have probably quoted the wrong person on your first comment.