Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire Rate In Regards To The Marelok, Brakk, And Weapons Like Them

JerZeyCJ

Both the Marelok and Brakk rely on a distinct firing mode; the Marelok is a lever action pistol(also known as a "Mare's Leg") and the Brakk is a revolver style shotgun-pistol. Both of these weapons are semi-automatic but have an animation for firing. For the Marelok, the player flips the gun and cocks the lever. For the Brakk, when the gun is fired its cylinder spins. However, their semi-auto nature combined with their animations makes it so that the player can out shoot each weapon's animations, which is a bit silly. Both of those weapon types need what their animation does(cocking the lever and having the cylinder spin) to be able to even fire. So I would like to suggest that either their fire rate be toned down in order to come into synch with their animations OR speed up/shorten the animations so that the weapons' fire cannot outpace them. This is actually already in place with the Grinlok and should be easy to incorporate into its sidearm cousin.

This also goes for any other weapons that this can happen with(I am unsure if this happens with any other weapon).

Of the two, the animation is more likely to be fixed.

I can see that working for the Brakk, it would just be its cylinder spinning fast, but can you imagine how comically fast our frames would have to spin the Marelok to keep up with its fire rate? It already does more damage than the Grinlok, so I don't see why it would be such a bad idea to give it the Grinlok's fire rate which rewards players for not just mashing the shoot button by making them fire faster if they press it at the right time.