Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Rid Of Luck In Pvp?

Rakshal

I'm not entirely sure if this would be a good idea to get rid of luck in PvP, this was just a random thought I had. Getting rid of luck in PvP would allow for more skillful play. Just had an idea on how to do a few luck aspects.

Critical

Maybe critical shots should active 100% of the time but only to head shots and critical shot would hit 0% of the time anywhere else. This would make high accuracy weapons much more lethal but only if the player has very quick and very precise aim. Though the damage would probably have to be reverted to how it was back before update 14 so that weapons like the Dread and Vectis would one shot head shot.

Status

The only thing I could think of was to just make it so that status is completely removed and added elements would just be extra damage, but the problem with that is that then everyone would just run either corrosive and cold or magnetic and viral. Sorta need help on this one. lol

Reflex Guard

I just think that this mod should not be functional in PvP sorta like how Rage is now.

I probably missed some other luck aspects but this was just a thought I had a few moments ago. Feel free to leave (constructive) feedback on this idea.

My only issue with this is that the complete major functionality of some weapons rely on crits or status procs. Take the Acrid for instance. The 100% poison proc is amazing on it, you can't just take this away. ;c Or the Soma for crits. Ain't nobody got time for aiming that thing for only headshots. :P Yes, the current PvP has some flaws but I don't think this is the way to fix it. And I like the 'luck' factor of PvP. It's no fun to know what kind of damage you'll be doing. :P

Edited by Jadakus

i agree with reflex guard, but dont agree with crits. a similar formula as you described was used in destiny, and it made certain weapons (autorifles, shotguns) grossly imbalanced vs semi auto guns. though i personally think the crit rate, or some kind of slight damage bonus, should be increased if it's a headshot, but bodyshots calculation should stay the same for now. and possibly slightly less damage if shot in the foot, shin, arm or something. with the speed that we move at, it's kind of luck if we do manage to hit a headshot with a semi auto. i also think status effects are tolerable as they are now.

p.s. off topic but pros run viral builds o.o? that damage type should be inferior to the others, no?

Edited by (PS4)Alphapsykongaroo

I understand the sentiment, but crit and proc are pretty fundamental up here, and trying to mess with them within Warframe's context would probably do more harm than good.

The actual warframe/ability/mod balance issues are probably the first things that need to be addressed. Reflex guard is certainly a big one among that.

The unfortunate problem is that PvP games will not be good PvE games and vice versa. 

Trying to screw with this stuff will simply hurt the mode more than help. 

Do you really have to post these kind of comments on every single thread about PvP? 

A Mod that have 55% of chance of completely ignoring all incoming shots have no place on PvP. This Mod was already in the game before PvP was implemented, it's something designed for PvE, things like that have to be reviewed for PvP, or just completely disabled. 

Edited by RexSol

A Mod that have 55% of chance of completely ignoring all incoming shots have no place on PvP. This Mod was already in the game before PvP was implemented, it's something designed for PvE, things like that have to be reviewed for PvP, or just completely disabled. 

Agreed.

I'm not entirely sure if this would be a good idea to get rid of luck in PvP, this was just a random thought I had. Getting rid of luck in PvP would allow for more skillful play. Just had an idea on how to do a few luck aspects.

Critical

Maybe critical shots should active 100% of the time but only to head shots and critical shot would hit 0% of the time anywhere else. This would make high accuracy weapons much more lethal but only if the player has very quick and very precise aim. Though the damage would probably have to be reverted to how it was back before update 14 so that weapons like the Dread and Vectis would one shot head shot.

Status

The only thing I could think of was to just make it so that status is completely removed and added elements would just be extra damage, but the problem with that is that then everyone would just run either corrosive and cold or magnetic and viral. Sorta need help on this one. lol

Actually, luck does add a bit of spice to Warframe PVP. With regards to these, it actually could help to suddenly turn the tide a little bit (and that makes it fun every now and then). 

Reflex Guard

I just think that this mod should not be functional in PvP sorta like how Rage is now.

I probably missed some other luck aspects but this was just a thought I had a few moments ago. Feel free to leave (constructive) feedback on this idea.

Yes. Definitely yes. 

You have no idea how frustrating it is to pump bullets into someone in Dark Sectors PVP, and he blocks all of them because he has Reflex Guard.