Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annual Pvp Tournament

Altrunchen

Introduction:

I think that an annual PvP tournament would be a fun and exciting event to host each year that could not only add to the late-game for veteran players, but also give players of all stripes something to look forward to and to participate in. The tournament would last for 30 days, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each participant would be assigned a division to compete in, and would have 100 matches of 4-player battle royale to complete within those 30 days. The top 16 players of each division would then compete in the semi-finals, and the four winners of the semi-finals would compete against each other in the finals for their division's title.

Organization:

The tournament would be organized into divisions so that veteran players compete against players of a similar amount of experience. In each division, players would be grouped randomly together during the qualifying rounds based on conclave ratings.

Divisions:

The tournament would consist of six different divisions based on mastery rank. Whichever mastery rank range you fall into, that would correspond to the division that you would compete in.

-Division 6: 0-5

-Division 5: 6-10

-Division 4: 11-15

-Division 3: 16-20

-Division 2: 21-25

-Division 1: 26-30

Matches:

Matches would appear on a special node that anyone could access. It would appear as an alert so that everyone would be aware of it.

-Each match is a 4-player battle royale.

-Each match is 10 minutes long.

-Participants are grouped together into matches based first on their division and then on their conclave score. This way players with similar loadouts and skill levels will be paired together.

-The player with the highest kill to death ratio wins the match.

-If there is a tie between the players, then a sudden-death round is initiated between those players in which the first person to hit the other wins. The players have 60 seconds to kill each other in sudden death, otherwise the match is a draw and is not counted towards the win record but is recorded as a draw separately.

-In the finals and semi-finals, sudden death has no time limit.

Rounds:

Qualifying Rounds:

-Each participant must complete 100 matches within 30 days to have a chance to compete in the semi-finals.

-At the end of the 30-day period, the top 16 players with the highest kill to death ratio in their division will compete in the semi-finals.

Semi-Finals:

-The top 16 players of each division are selected and grouped into groups of 4 for the semi-final elimination match. The four winners of the 4 semi-final matches proceed to the finals.

-The groups are assigned as follows (if the number equals the rank of each person by the end of the qualifying round):

-Group A: 1,5,9,13

-Group B: 2,6,10,14

-Group C: 3,7,11,15

-Group D: 4,8,12,16

Finals:

-The top four players in each division compete in a final match to determine the division champion.

Prizes:

Each division would have first, second, and third place. The reward would increase with higher divisions.

1st place:

-1000*|division number-7| platinum

-1000000*|division number-7| credits

-Gold-Medal (of your division) event badge

-A special metallic-gold skin to apply to the warframe and weapons you used the most to win.

2nd place:

-500*|division number-7| platinum

-500000*|division number-7| credits

-Silver-Medal (of your division) event badge

-A special metallic-silver skin to apply to the warframe and weapons you used the most to win.

3rd place:

-250*|division number-7| platinum

-250000*|division number-7| credits

-Bronze-Medal (of your division) event badge

-A special metallic-bronze skin to apply to the warframe and weapons you used the most to win.

Top 16:

-100*|division number-7| platinum

-100000*|division number-7| credits

-Top 16 (of your division) event badge

Participation:

-Tournament event badge.

Edited by Altrunchen

Love the idea of an official PvP tournament. The conclave rating system would have to be balanced first however.

Prepare to be hated by "hardcore" PvE players for suggesting cosmetic and platinum rewards. XD

Edited by Rakshal

Love the idea of an official PvP tournament. The conclave rating system would have to be balanced first.

Prepare to be hated by PvE players for suggesting cosmetic and platinum rewards. XD

I guess it might have to be. But I think that the division system might help compensate for that a little bit, don't you think?

And yeah I expect some hate-mail for this. It seems that a few people around here are usually very mean about disagreeing with ideas so I guess that's par for the course to expect that. Thanks for the heads up, and also, I'm not even into PvP to begin with. I just thought this would be cool. XD

Edited by Altrunchen

I am a former pvp player, DE has already announced that PvP is sitting on the backburners to the PvP community.

Their primary focus is getting the new guys rather than keeping the old guys which is why this wouldn't happen unless its player runned like some of us conclavers have already done.

I am a former pvp player, DE has already announced that PvP is sitting on the backburners to the PvP community.

Their primary focus is getting the new guys rather than keeping the old guys which is why this wouldn't happen unless its player runned like some of us conclavers have already done.

Well, that's depressing.

sad-challenge-failed.png

Love the idea of an official PvP tournament. The conclave rating system would have to be balanced first however.

Prepare to be hated by "hardcore" PvE players for suggesting cosmetic and platinum rewards. XD

You totally called it Rakshal.

PvP tournaments in a PvE game?

So it begins as was foretold...

Yep, since there is PvP gameplay too.