Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Going Backwards?

cannonfodder1982

Maybe its just me, but i honestly feel this game is going backwards in terms of bugs/crashes etc

i get more problems now that i did when i started playing, more and more missions where i am achieving what i am after for the game to randomly take it away from me with some new bug or other, this is not a slagging off of DE or anything i just feel like they are rushing new content etc without sorting existing problems,

please DE for the sake of your players, please take some time now to sort out what your currently have and not add anything else to it until it is in a better state overall,  I am not expecting bug free of course but its getting worse right now and not better,

i love Warframe it is a great game with huge potential, just stop adding new stuff just for the sake of a bit more money, at the risk of alienating your existing player base with some game spoiling bugs,

id love to hear others opinions, but please keep it constructive etc and not just slagging DE

Cannon

Also, after that awful liset update that changed the ui and whatnot, and the game not being at a consistently playable state for nearly a month straight, I expected severe disappointment and sadness when update 15 hit.

At least the game works this time.

Edit: Haha I typed awesome instead of awful, could not let that slip by ever because that update was and still is an insulting travesty.

Edited by darthdart

OK take archwing for example, how something that broken ever got shipped into the game is beyond me, do they have in house testing or just save money and get us to do it?

Were you not around for U14? Or U13? Or literally any other update than this one?

U15 has been exceedingly stable compared to stuff we've gotten in the past.

Also, just to re-iterate: the playerbase can test more that DE can. DE has maybe 200 employees, and maybe half can test stuff. And they can't do it full time, because they also have to develop the game. The playerbase has around 15000 people on at any given moment, a good portion of which actively try and break the game. I think it's obvious who's going to find bugs faster. 

i started just days before U14 hit,

i get what you are all saying, but when one patch fixes things but makes new bugs it means more of the time this game is unplayable, i do not get to sit on my &#! and play games all day i have other things to do, ive not had much time to play tonight, but i spent 40 mins in a survival on my own for it to fail on me when i get downed and click revive, so the little time i have had to play has resulted in me achieving nothing. im pretty sure im not the only one in this situation so it pretty much sucks, i want to like and play this game but if i cant get anywhere when i do get to play it then why play it at all?

You weren't here for the dark days.

U13 was one of the worst updates in terms of bugs that I experienced. Crashes everywhere, totally unplayable. 

Older updates like U7-9 were similarly buggy. The game has come a long ways in terms of stability. 

i get what you are all saying, but when one patch fixes things but makes new bugs it means more of the time this game is unplayable, i do not get to sit on my @$$ and play games all day i have other things to do, ive not had much time to play tonight, but i spent 40 mins in a survival on my own for it to fail on me when i get downed and click revive, so the little time i have had to play has resulted in me achieving nothing. im pretty sure im not the only one in this situation so it pretty much sucks, i want to like and play this game but if i cant get anywhere when i do get to play it then why play it at all?

Then stop playing it.

A game that updates and adds things is going to have bugs and problems. It'd be a miracle if a huge update happened and literally everything went perfectly smooth on all accounts.

You are going to run into problems because the world isn't perfect.

Warframe is not the game for you if you can't handle that.

You seem new here.

Back when

Maybe its just me, but i honestly feel this game is going backwards in terms of bugs/crashes etc

i get more problems now that i did when i started playing, 

You seem a bit new here, you see, when I started playing you were lucky to get though a mission without some bug flying around. Hell, sometimes we used it for kicks and to our advantage.

this is not a slagging off of DE or anything i just feel like they are rushing new content etc without sorting existing problems,

please DE for the sake of your players, please take some time now to sort out what your currently have and not add anything else to it until it is in a better state overall,  I am not expecting bug free of course but its getting worse right now and not better,

i love Warframe it is a great game with huge potential, just stop adding new stuff just for the sake of a bit more money, at the risk of alienating your existing player base with some game spoiling bugs,

They have a department large enough to sustain it self, some of it working on bugs, other new content. On that note, DE just does not stuff new content for the sake of a bit more money. 

At the risk of your existing player base? Some of these people here have been playing where it all began, I may not be at closed beta, but I can call myself a veteran. Bugs never were a total turn down for us, as we did know that they were eventually going to be fixed. Also I think the player base is quite high, had a huge boom, as did they not only become popular on PC, but also consoles such as PS4 and Xbox one?

We all love Warframe, at least I do, and it's still in beta as it still has; I agree completely; full potential.

Warframe is not for me if i expect it to work better than it does? ok if you say so,

Games in general are getting worse these days and its because of attitudes like yours,

this omg its a new update give them time to fix it, how would you feel if this was a car or a plane you are going on holiday on,

i know its a bit extreme but the principle is the same, there was a time back when games couldn't be patched as easily as they are now,

when internet was slow as hell expensive and a lot of people wouldn't have it at home, Devs have got lazy thanks to super speed broadband

and we have become far to accepting of shoddy products being pushed out with a fix it later attitude.

Warframe is not for me if i expect it to work better than it does? ok if you say so,

Games in general are getting worse these days and its because of attitudes like yours,

this omg its a new update give them time to fix it, how would you feel if this was a car or a plane you are going on holiday on,

i know its a bit extreme but the principle is the same, there was a time back when games couldn't be patched as easily as they are now,

when internet was slow as hell expensive and a lot of people wouldn't have it at home, Devs have got lazy thanks to super speed broadband

and we have become far to accepting of shoddy products being pushed out with a fix it later attitude.

I'm not saying give them time to fix it.

I'm saying, stop expecting games that are constantly changing to work 100% of the time with no problems.

Simple as that.

If you can't accept that there will be problems that arise for a multitude of reasons, then yes, Warframe and a lot of other games are not for you.

Again, the world isn't perfect.

I'd suggest playing complete games instead of in-development ones then.

I'm not saying give them time to fix it.

I'm saying, stop expecting games that are constantly changing to work 100% of the time with no problems.

Simple as that.

If you can't accept that there will be problems that arise for a multitude of reasons, then yes, Warframe and a lot of other games are not for you.

Again, the world isn't perfect.

i don't expect 100% but like i said from a personal stance, only being able to play occasionally i have not managed to play single session without game spoiling bugs for a little while and its frigging annoying, also the constant changing is whats causing the problems, why add more when older stuff is still broken, that is the point im trying to make, im sure you have read the forums and the many posts of people who could play the game, now not able to, this should be a priority and not adding new stuff. i dont think this is an unreasonable request, and Beta? please this game will never see anything other than beta then it will disappear, the beta tag should not be allowed to be used by a game that is actively charging money for anything within it

i don't expect 100% but like i said from a personal stance, only being able to play occasionally i have not managed to play single session without game spoiling bugs for a little while and its frigging annoying, also the constant changing is whats causing the problems, why add more when older stuff is still broken, that is the point im trying to make, im sure you have read the forums and the many posts of people who could play the game, now not able to, this should be a priority and not adding new stuff. i dont think this is an unreasonable request, and Beta? please this game will never see anything other than beta then it will disappear, the beta tag should not be allowed to be used by a game that is actively charging money for anything within it

I agree with you about needing to fix things before adding more.

They never will though sadly.

And now this has turned into one of those threads.

Welp, gg.

I would say, in the OPs defense, the mem leak issue and the heavy instability issue are pretty bad.

We've always had bugs, yeah, but this build has been rather heavy on the crashes. Considering the state we had been at, we seem to be crashing a lot more.

I'm also very much of the mindset that AW was rushed out a week early to make it available for the Extra Life event--there were a lot of extra viewers, so this helped showcase the game and usher in a lot of new players. It hit the "proper" amount of bugs(ie. what you'd expect for a release) the week after, around last wednesday's update, actually. I imagine that adds to the negative perception.

Otherwise, things seem fine, but the crashing thing is definitely a tune worse than it has been in the past.

I've been here over a year. Each major update is a mess, agreed, but Warframe has never been THIS unstable in terms of crashes and bluescreens.

This new patch 15.1 introduced, by my count, four brand-new progress-halting bugs. This is just getting sad. OP is absolutely right.

I've been here over a year. Each major update is a mess, agreed, but Warframe has never been THIS unstable in terms of crashes and bluescreens.

This new patch 15.1 introduced, by my count, four brand-new progress-halting bugs. This is just getting sad. OP is absolutely right.

I agree, I understand bugs are part of the process but I have never seen this many bugs since I started playing, in fact I stopped playing last week because those death animations were really annoying dropping frames left and right and looked redonculous, so I  waiting for this fix but it seems its even worse now. Why should I play when I can't finish a mission because of invisible walls or getting stuck out of walls (this has happened way too many times in the course of my 1300 hours).

Congratulations cannonfodder, for getting a lot of hate because of your attitude. "Maybe it is just you".

because of all the +hate, i wonder what your syndicate buff would be by now...

Then again, "cannonfodder"

*shoots you out of a cannon*

--------------------

In all seriousness,

i get more problems now that i did when i started playing, more and more missions where i am achieving what i am after for the game to randomly take it away from me with some new bug or other, this is not a slagging off of DE or anything i just feel like they are rushing new content etc without sorting existing problems,

id love to hear others opinions, but please keep it constructive etc and not just slagging DE

Cannon

ethical or not, you technically/legally agreed to DE making any changes at their discretion, whether or not it affects you (EULA).

Like others mentioned, if we "beta testers" actually help fix these bugs by reporting them (strength by numbers), then the problems will be fixed much much sooner than players like you suddenly disappearing because you just don't like it and leaving the work for the rest.

so suck it up;

Deal with it,

Or leave it (and go for an actual "complete" game)

There're gonna be a lot of veterans out there looking at you condescendingly...

(Not to mention that we, globally, are trending towards the idea of continuous improvement, so nothing is ever complete).

I don't understand why XP users are complaining about bugs. You're using an outdated OS not supported by the company that made it anymore. It's about time you upgraded.

Im on 7 x64 and I can tell you I've never seen this many bugs before and I'm talking about in game bugs even game breaking ones.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I don't understand why XP users are complaining about bugs. You're using an outdated OS not supported by the company that made it anymore. It's about time you upgraded.

XP is much better than the later releases in a number of ways. I much prefer it, and am saddened that I'm unable to utilize it myself at this time.

However, if you feel like handing out copies of newer OS, or hundreds of dollars so that people can buy their own, go for it. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

XP still has a massive market share--almost 40% of computers still use it-and the total that's against *includes* macs! It's not like this is a few die-hard hold outs, it's the most-popular OS out there, and will be for some time.

Now, you're free to be as hipster as you need to, but that's the reality of it.