Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Warframe Concept): Waframe Kagemusha (Fixed) --Old Concept From Nephilim

BarbatosLR

--Edit: Decided to try and fix this and make it sound more sc-fi then fantasy.

--DoubleEdit: I changed the name Nephilim to Kagemusha a name that means Shadow Warrior in Japanese. This time,Kagemusha is not your average fighting Tenno. He is more but a humble and honorable warrior who fights in the shadows and stealth. But can be deadly when needed to. Using only the shadows, his body is like a shadow himself.

I kept the sames here because I find that they seem to fit better for this concept that I had in mind.

Karas-_bn5749.jpg

67518-karas29.jpg

1119727-karas1.jpg

KARAS_by_2ngaw.jpg

First ability: Shadow Slashes Changed): Shadow Slash is a damaging Sonic Boom using the power of your shadows.

Second Ability: Soul Eater (Changed/Fixed): Soul Eater is a ability where you teleport to an enemy and reappear from the shadow to strike down your foe. (Somewhat the sames as Ash)

Third Ability: Ghost: Ghost is a reskin-ed Riftwalk without the damage curtail. It will also allow nearby players to use this.

Final Ability: Hell's Angel: Somewhat the same as Rhino's roar, it enhances insanely long Hysteria, sans invulnerability, with the potential to clear multiple tiles with straight damage.

So this was my idea, I really wanted to join in on the warframe idea people create here. Please leave a comment and tell me what you guys think of this idea. And also, this is only something I wanted to show to people what could be like if we had something like this. So just a comment and thanks for listening. n_n

--Edit: If it's ok if I asks, I would like some friendly ideas on how to improve this concept if it still sounds to fantasy-like thing and try to make it sound more sci-fi. Thanks!

Edited by Archangel_Laurent

Properly, I believe a Nephilim is half-angel, half-human.  An angel is far, far less than a god.  But I digress.

Obscure points of theology aside, I applaud you for your contribution to the ever-expanding fanbase.  However, I think this Warframe would need some serious reworking to both lore and abilities to make it fit into the universe and stand out from the crowd.  

Ghost is a reskin-ed Riftwalk without the damage curtail, Spirit Slash is a damaging Sonic Boom, and Soul Eater could be any generic life-steal skill (which would make him a VERY special snowflake, as the only frame with this built-in).  Hell's Angel is an insanely long Hysteria, sans invulnerability, with the potential to clear multiple tiles with straight damage.  All of these skills seem very bland, verging on generic; geared toward straight damage and crowd clearing without much utility.  My point is, I really don't see this frame taking on a unique role or even synergizing well in any team composition.  He's much better suited to lone-wolf unstoppable-anime-hero gameplay, which Warframe is not geared towards.

And as for lore...I don't think anyone's going to buy the half-Tenno, half-spirit bit.  It was a nice thought, but too much fantasy for a sci-fi game.  Every Warframe's abilities are based on some form of science, no matter how esoteric; this is straight magic.

In sum: good first try.  Reference this thread for a really solid model, and keep trying.

Properly, I believe a Nephilim is half-angel, half-human.  An angel is far, far less than a god.  But I digress.

Obscure points of theology aside, I applaud you for your contribution to the ever-expanding fanbase.  However, I think this Warframe would need some serious reworking to both lore and abilities to make it fit into the universe and stand out from the crowd.  

Ghost is a reskin-ed Riftwalk without the damage curtail, Spirit Slash is a damaging Sonic Boom, and Soul Eater could be any generic life-steal skill (which would make him a VERY special snowflake, as the only frame with this built-in).  Hell's Angel is an insanely long Hysteria, sans invulnerability, with the potential to clear multiple tiles with straight damage.  All of these skills seem very bland, verging on generic; geared toward straight damage and crowd clearing without much utility.  My point is, I really don't see this frame taking on a unique role or even synergizing well in any team composition.  He's much better suited to lone-wolf unstoppable-anime-hero gameplay, which Warframe is not geared towards.

And as for lore...I don't think anyone's going to buy the half-Tenno, half-spirit bit.  It was a nice thought, but too much fantasy for a sci-fi game.  Every Warframe's abilities are based on some form of science, no matter how esoteric; this is straight magic.

In sum: good first try.  Reference this thread for a really solid model, and keep trying.

Yeah totally my first time on creating a Frame idea. And man your version is way more better then mine, guess i need to work on that. XD

And TYPHUS?! Holy S#&$ dude I'd been dying to have that in the game for months now! It's just so freaking awesome his artwork. Hope DE makes Typhus next update n_n

Typhus is not my concept, I'm sorry to say.  I just happened to stumble on the thread a while back, and remembered it as an outstanding example of a fan-made frame.  All credit for that goes to RedSkittlez.

Nah it's ok, I know it's not by you because i remember the name of the artist and upvoted that thread a long time ago. Except the Thypus for some reason reminds me of a vampire warframe. :/

Aren't Tenno pretty much Karas anyway? Just with added guns?

Well technically I used Karas design as an example on how I wanted to resemble the warframe Kagemusha because I find that Karas shows great and many other amazing designs from the anime, from the fights, the armors. Everything in that show showed so much creativity for ideas to use and invente ideas for warframe. And yes, Tennos are similar to Karas. That's why I choose that mostly.