Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sneak Attack Uneffective?

Giraud

Question

As title...since yesterday my sneak attacks on every enemy (corpus and greneer so far) which required an animation was incredibly uneffective. May that be a mod that I installed?

Currently I'm using dual heat swords.

Thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

As title...since yesterday my sneak attacks on every enemy (corpus and greneer so far) which required an animation was incredibly uneffective. May that be a mod that I installed?

Currently I'm using dual heat swords.

Thanks in advance!

I've used Dual Heat Swords before damage 2.0 they were terrible for stealth attacks then, and I'm guessing they still are now.

My recommendation is to not rely on stealth attacks until you move on to a different weapon.

I've used Dual Heat Swords before damage 2.0 they were terrible for stealth attacks then, and I'm guessing they still are now.

My recommendation is to not rely on stealth attacks until you move on to a different weapon.

All weapons have their own Finisher damage modifier now.

On average, my usage of Dual Heat Swords gets me around 7,000 to 10,000 damage or so depending on Armour, resistances and the like. Fact is, I can cast Paralysis, then proceed to execute Heavy Gunners wherever I find them in the game. And if it doesn't kill them, they sure as heck don't survive much longer.

The problem people are reporting are that all stealth attack finishers, whatever the weapon, are doing a flat 50 damage to all enemies at any level. Which is incredibly inconvenient for abilities like Paralysis, Smite (Knockdown Finisher), Smokescreen, Invisibility, and anyone like myself who slots Retribution for additional stun windows.

Finishers are good these days. Add in Channelling and most of them can not only outright kill the victim, but it'll do your Life Strike mod good as well. If only the ground Finisher animations registered more quickly, really. It's weird to go to impale someone whilst their standing up.

Can confirm this, Tried doing a couple of rescue missions with my dual ichors and my dragon nikana. both did an absurdly small amount of damage, and one of my tests was on a corpus warden(whom are supposed to be vulnerable to stealth finishers)