Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek Shotgun Disapoint..

Alcatres

I just got the HEK shotgun today and I am shooting at the Grineer and when I shoot at their heads all of my shells do 10 damage each (8-9 damage on their armor).(147.0 damage maximum?)........-takes out pistol and does 29 damage each shot to the head- What??? -does 79 damage critical with my Kraken- okay somethings wrong here...

Is the best shotgun of the game hands down ( 4 ammo per clip, but you have a kill secured ), take the time to upgrade the mods and level it up. You wont regret the Hek for sure! 

uh, if that's unmodded you're looking at 10 * 7 (pellets) which is still more than 29 in my book...

but i guess it was just a matter of time until we got a "hek doesn't deal enough damage" thread...

Edited by SlyBoots

I'm guessing you played in an online match, without hosting, because you don't get all the damage numbers popping up if you don't host a match. Play a match solo and you'll see all the crazy numbers flying around.

TBH, I didn't find the Hek to be amazing, until I found and put 'Hells Chamber' into it. Multishot works different for shotguns than they do rifles. It's a mod that's pretty much needed in any shotgun to make it worth while imo. 

lol OP does not know what he's talking about. This is currently the BEST gun (can easily snipe AND one-shoot everything upclose and from afar). It pretty much simply outperforms every other guns that currently exists in warframe. If this weapon needs something, it would need a nerf imo. I'm bored whenever I use it :/

lol OP does not know what he's talking about. This is currently the BEST gun (can easily snipe AND one-shoot everything upclose and from afar). It pretty much simply outperforms every other guns that currently exists in warframe. If this weapon needs something, it would need a nerf imo. I'm bored whenever I use it :/

Already got nerfed a lot of times, but the whole concept of a sniper shotgun is Broken so is hard to balance without over buffing or making it useless

( IRELIA SYNDROME ! )

I just got the HEK shotgun today and I am shooting at the Grineer and when I shoot at their heads all of my shells do 10 damage each (8-9 damage on their armor).(147.0 damage maximum?)........-takes out pistol and does 29 damage each shot to the head- What??? -does 79 damage critical with my Kraken- okay somethings wrong here...

you do know how the damage for shotguns work right? each bullet is a portion of the full damage its not each bullet does 147 damage which seems to be what you're assuming either way mod it out (catalyst totally worth it in it) and you'll be blasting gaping holes into things

Edited by MarcusGraves

(Hek) Is the best shotgun of the game hands down ( 4 ammo per clip, but you have a kill secured ), take the time to upgrade the mods and level it up. You wont regret the Hek for sure! 

I prefer the Strun actually, and above every other primary as well. Well modded Strun one-shots pretty much everything, the spread of it's cone spray is WAY over-exaggerated; I've used it plenty to snipe Grineer heads ducking behind cover at medium range!

Hek does an unnoticable 5% more base damage ... yet the Strun has 5% higher base crit rate. Also, a max modded Hek clip size = 6 vs. 10 for the Strun.The Hek has slightly better accuracy at range and reloads quicker, but it only reloads 30% quicker while the Strun needs reloading 40% less often.

Also Strun's polarity slot gives it an effective 5 more mod points.

You probably tried Grineer without AP mod. Put lowest level AP mod on and try again.

Can't be repeated enough. Using a shottie vs. Grineer with/without AP mods is night and day. Those 10s will suddenly turn into 50s

Edited by Qb3rt