Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Music Preview: Derelict & Void

[DE]Rebecca

Cold and Gold (Void) is great great music however it starts to feel off the place from 1:20 where melody jumps in and all of sudden it gets too peaceful & hopeful.

Feels more like background music in (MMO)RPG games with vast areas to explore or huge asian-themed town.

Speaking of asian-themed the melody makes me imagine old asian castles but it doesn't really match well with orokin style architectures + bunch of traps to kill you.

Personally I think Cold and Gold will be great for dojo background music.

Derelict on the other hand really represents the "corrupted sanctuary" concept. Really Really Really good.

Can't wait to hear them in-game

Edited by Xeratul

Overall: they sound too earthy. This is a game that takes place across the sol system, and way into the future. The music is great, however I feel too 'junglebook' for what most of the game is. I like the idea of mystical tenno ninja orders living in the mountains of such and such planet or moon. But most of the stuff we see and experience in the game are robotic or changed by technology. The music would be perfect if we were open world and exploring dark foggy rainforests to find archwing pieces hidden within an aztec pyramid... The game isnt terrestrial enough for so many organic sounds. 

They sound amazing. Id make them a little more 'future' though.

Edited by T4LCOMX

ok, a first for me for a long time (complementing DE). This soundtrack is right up there with homeword.... and that is about the highest praise I can give (ask my mate if you don't believe me) well done and hats off to you keep this quality coming and you might be back to my fave game again :D

• 2 weeks later...

Tenno,

<snip>

Keep in mind that both of these music cues are still WIP and need final mix and mastering done to them. They will also play back dynamically like all the other music currently in the game (stem approach).  There will also be two different combat pieces that will complement each of these ambient pieces.

Thanks, Tenno!

Now, give me more reasons to stay in these missions longer. So I can properly enjoy the music.