Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For The Community: Material Transmutation.

FATEdPondera

Okay, so we all know that mod transmutation is a thing. It's where garbage mods go to die, if you've got the credits for that kind of thing. But then I've got to thinking. There is not a player here who has not accumulated LITERALLY millions of Alloy Plate and Nano spores. If they haven't yet, they will soon. So, here's an idea: transmute those unneeded materials into something more useful. Like... 500,000 nano spores can be made into a neurode or neural sensor or you can convert 2 alloy plate into 1 ferrite.

Okay I know nano spores practically come out of the damn plumbing but I sure as hell wouldn't trade 500,000 of them for a neural sensor.

Well, that was just an example. We could fuss about with the conversion rate later, but the concept is what I'm focusing on in the context of this thread.

Transmutation? I don't think that's such a good idea.

Z8wbp.jpg

Thats why we're not trying to make WARFRAME components by transmuting materials. According to the rules of alchemy, changing one material, alloy plate, into another, ferrite, better known as iron, is perfectly safe.

Iv played for a very long time, and thus have more material then i know what to do with. In fact the only limiting factors I have for constructing anything right now are neural sensors (I used to have a ton, but running low latly), cells, and forma. if you exclude argon that is.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rare-er material that you need to craft: something like stable argon for storage. however transmutation of materials would have to yield something like part shards you cant get otherwise for me to do it. like if they from into 1 of 10 types of construction mantillas exclusive to transmutation that give you a randomized chance at any id do it, but otherwise its more viable for me to jest grind if i need something. iv hit the point where iv built a large clan hall by my self and still have near infinite materials baring the ones mentioned. even cryotic or ... that other one we where farming for zepher... arnt that hard.

unless transmutation gave you something exclusive to transmutation that you need, to me, its always more viable to farm for it.

(Id rather see marital combinations or packaging for more efficient crafting- creating things to go into things)

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

I had this idea LONG ago. It died.

Making neural sensors might be dangerous though, that's infested biology.

This has always irked me, since Neural sensors DO NOT LOOK INFESTED, IN ANY WAY. Furthermore, NEURODES DON'T LOOK GRINEER. I don't know how DE hasn't fixed this...