Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Vibe : Is It Really Vanishing?[Megathread Attempt]

unknow99

If people doesn't find it fun anymore, they can voice their opinion once... Then if the game keeps not living up their expectations they can leave... Silently, without much of the Drama people seems to put up nowadays...

Oh my, if only people would actually abide by this guideline. I feel like we'd have a lot fewer whiners around, constantly disappointed that the game isn't going in their personally favored direction as though their opinion is a fact.

Whilst yes, there is room to perhaps argue things are more 'lively' than in the beginning (joined update 11, can't really comment) fact is, you make a game that is nothing but dark, bleak grittiness, well, people get bored. This trope is what I'm referring to.

At the end of the day, there's also the simple fact that designers and artists are people who have no small amount of pride in what they create. I can guarantee that if you ask the Level Designers and Graphic Artists whether they'd prefer making a game with hardly any clear detail due to low lighting, well...they'd be of varied opinions but I doubt it'd be encouraging to think all that detail you put in making the tile-sets worth looking at to be dismissed by 'I can see what I'm doing, it's not ninja enough'.

It also should be accepted that variety helps. Sometimes, you don't get to determine the circumstances of battle. Sometimes you have to make a stand in unfavourable terrain. Sometime you make the calls.

Seeing as we're on the topic of Video Game Ninja as well,

makes an extremely salient point that if you want actually Ninja to be honest, you aren't playing the game for that. Warframe has always been the Pop Culture Ninja context. Fun, yes, but don't feel surprised when the approach Tenno take is more Ninja Gaiden than Mark of the Ninja. That's what people expect.

It also doesn't help that a lot of people may be uncomfortable if we were to engage as fully with the setting as one might. As I've discussed elsewhere, the Origin System is a conflict torn place, and anyone who lives in that can't afford to have ideals without also having some means to exert power; self defence still requires a blade. To protect means killing another. Resisting the Infested means potentially taking the blade or bullet to yourself, or your loved ones before they succumb and kill you and all you hold dear.

No faction will, on it's own codes and values, consider themselves 'The Bad Guys'. Grineer? They're doing what's good for them, as the other races are weaker than they are. Corpus? Their mastery of trade makes them worthy of being in positions of power. The Tenno? They hold to their tenets of honour and balance, even if that means slaughtering a Galleon worth of Grineer to achieve it.

Syndicates exist in this, and their only hope of achieving these goals are the Tenno helping them. That means the idealist New Loka, the Arbiters...Steel Meridian, take your pick, all of them are willing to condone whatever actions we conduct in order to achieve what they seek. But people don't debate that inherent moral greyness. They just say 'Steel Meridian are the good guys', 'New Loka are space nazi hippies' and leave it at that.

The setting in and of itself is dark. It is bloody. But nobody cares for that because it's so much easier to say who are the 'good' guys so you can be either some hero, or be all 'cool' and pretend you're playing the villain. Fact is, we're both the hero and the villain. It just comes down to who we're asking; our allies, or our enemies?

I may be mistaken in my observations, but if people only want to engage in a glorified sci fi shooter collecting loot, with clear cut lines of who the good guys and bad guys are...we're never really going to have something that has the kind of torque you may be seeking, purely because it wouldn't be popular enough.

I would like to be forced to make hard, completely story based choices on who has to be sacrificed for the sake of Balance or whatever cause I uphold. You might not. You might prefer merely sneaking around in the dark but having a clear cut 'heroic' angle so all those things you do are totally a-ok, no matter how many lives you trade to do it.

It may come about that DE eventually gives a story with the depth we can hope for. However, as I have always maintained, never, ever get your hopes up as you'll only be disappointed.

Sorry for the long, somewhat apologetic post. But, you asked what I thought, so you deserve an answer.

Happy hunting

Europa's tilesets can be creepy. Especially if the spawns bug out on an extermination mission and they all spawn at extraction, leaving you to wander a completely empty tileset of corpus wreckage.

It happened to me once, and it was strangely scary.

tumblr_lxk0p1vRdS1qhyvy2o1_500.gif

Ditto, I tried it sword alone like crazy, until one of my partners pressed 4 repeatedly. He killed the fun...

Want really know? 

I think that, while we may found fun trying to figure out the lore behind this and that, Warframe is an intellectual creation of DE.

While one tastes can disagree with what they choose to put in the game, and everyone has the right to voice his concerns, it's ultimately their choice what stays in and what stays out.

If people doesn't find it fun anymore, they can voice their opinion once... Then if the game keeps not living up their expectations they can leave... Silently, without much of the Drama people seems to put up nowadays...

And if people thinks they can do the proper way, they're welcome to go through the pain of creating an engine, a game, putting it live and run the whole business...

Yup, the secret is to stay open-minded. I even hard about some dudes spending a lot of plats & leave because of a tiny little change...That's the price you pay man. :3

-_-

Edited by unknow99

Works both way...

Sometimes I see an utter and total lack of respect toward DE and other players who differ from someone's opinion... 

That's no excuse though. This thread looks fine to me, he took his time to give DE some feedback, and that's how it should be. Perhaps he "stretched" his opinion a bit, but in my experience, DE doesn't mind that. They are pretty tolerant about how people express their opinion, as long as it's constructive and not downright offensive (like insulting DE by calling them names etc).

The reason why I posted my reply, was because I've seen this guy post several times today, with rude comments. If he disagrees with the OP, that's fine. But he can do that with manners too. He doesn't have to talk down on him.

Its always been a power fantasy. Mowing down hundreds of troops at a time.

Its hard to be dark and brooding as a god.

Its super annoying to navigate a dark map in high speed action. Dark and moody works well with horror jump scares as you need to go slow so you don't fall into a insta-death trap or zombie imps. But constantly jumping around and half flying though tiles it gets annoying wondering into dead ends.

Like the fog soup of the Halloween map. It just made navigation and cache finding harder. Infested were still infested.

The politics of the races are the depressing landscapes, war. And we are more than mercenaries. Not the last of a race struggling to survive. As thats hard to build up on constantly as a ftp except to slowly change us into a capable force that effects political power. Even without the lore Its been a evolving story by game play and people will not be able to experience our more bleak past.

This is kiiiiiinda something I realized recently. I was thinking about the designs of the older frames versus the newer frames, and I think the visuals of the new frames are too... themed. I liked when the frames only vaguely resembled the theme of their particular skillset.

I basically realized that, for example, if Mag had been designed recently, she would probably have actual magnet shapes embedded in her, as a sorta shallow presentation of her skillset. And Volt would probably look more like the Flash with some exaggerated lightning shapes. Basically, almost every detail on each frame would go towards their theme instead of giving them a unique and inspired personality.

I'm not necessarily going to say all the frames need to be 100% serious looking, but the way they design them is definitely becoming different and exaggerated.

Frames design patterns changed a lot, that's true. Look at Excalibro prime, and now look at Loki or Nyx Prime... More & more details!

Maybe you should consider leaving constructive feedback to a thread, other than leaving disrespectful and demeaning replies. It goes against the forum rules.

1) R E S P E C T – Let’s respect each-other and have fun. Respecting people means not insulting anyone’s race, religion, sexual orientation, skill-level or any other possible way to make someone feel uncomfortable in the Warframe community.

*This thread is made according to the forum rules. Please understand.

seiza.jpg

I dunno. All frames have had an element of "ridiculous" since very early on... Rhino and Banshee I'm looking at you. Also you can get dark and brooding environments by going to the options then lowering brightness and increasing contrast.

Agree with Mopunen on Banshee & Rhino.

All I have to say is

Vetarans don't see that dark and gritty vibe that much ...because they've gotten used to it, like myself, enemies and maps are pretictable  so there's no real element of suprise , nothing to fear.

Nowadays I just walk around with y excal feeling extremely superior when starting a mission

True. after farming the same things again & again...No more surprise indeed.

I rely hope at some point thay can bring the vibe from there alpha concpets of dark sector into warframe, at lest in terms of story

Also I want the shield gear <-<

There's a lot of interesting ideas to recover from older stuff, like these giant corpus enemies,dojo aquariums,and so on... :)

Edited by unknow99

I rely hope at some point thay can bring the vibe from there alpha concpets of dark sector into warframe, at lest in terms of story

Also I want the shield gear <-<

What is this story of which you speak?

And everything in the video looked more like a single player warframe experience rather than an early Dark Sector concept.

I agree that the mood has changed, and that's normal. I also agree that the mood has diverged from what, thematically, I feel, it should have evolved into. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Now I do not agree, that warframe was ever dark/grim. Which I guess is super subjective, it would be better to say: I've never found the mood of warframe to be dark of grim, it was back then much more intimidating I find, but that isn't the same thing as being dark and grim, and for me it was 99% because I wasn't sure what button was reload and what button was melee back then.

....And are you calling me old?

Nostalgia, such a beatiful mistress.

Well, gun play evolved and changed for the better(armour while still present no longer so drastic), melee changed aswell shame charged attacks vanished instead of being incorporated in stances.

Visual art style was hit and miss for me, vay hek, limbo are not something i enjoyed.

Music, we received new music in places where it counts which is nice, infested hive missions music was a spot on in fact.

Conclave,Clan research, dark sectors supposedly are there to promote CO-OP aspect yet i felt disconnected from it more and more.

Timewalls/grindwalls seem to emerge more and more ever since nekros.

I have mixed feelings about direction of warframe, i'll try to remain optimistic.

Nearest opinion to mine right now. When I heard combos were coming, I was glad I'd mix them with my charge attacks! So much melee combinations, more options for players...Why did it go? Galatine-spammers? Reintroduce it with a little cost to prevent abuse or something. I'm convinced there's a room in each stance mod for that. :)

I personally like a lot of the newer designs in terms of frames [Mirage especially] but I see the criticisms people have for them. I suppose I came into the game late enough that I learned pretty quickly the 'ninja' thing had been dropped or was being taken so liberally it was kind of pointless. [That said Excal was always a terrible flagship for a ninja, what with all the damn samurai shenanigans]. I will acknowledge Limbo isn't a great design, though that is partially because he just looks like a deformed Frost [with a phallic head].

Tilesets I dunno. As someone who is now just logging on to grind the new content when it comes out I am finding that the majority of my gametime is spent in the Voids [which is meant to be a contrast] or on Pluto dark sectors which are outside during the day. To that end yeah, the grim factor is well and truly not there.

But with the new mods recently I had to do some Derelicts again and I had forgotten how atmospheric they were. I also remember when we had that Infested event where you killed the pods in those hive things and those were well and truly creepy.

With the increasing/prominent focus on the Grineer and the Corpus though and the fact that yeah, they seem to be getting increasingly tame [or at the very least aren't bringing much to the table scary wise] I can see the game losing that edge.

Is it at the point we can start clanging on about the good old days? Not quite yet from what I can see... most of the game still looks pretty similar. I suppose we just have to see what they do from here.

Kubrows though, not gonna lie, they made me roll my eyes. Walk your dog on your own time, at least the sentinels have the scifi factor going for them.

Aaah the is-a-tenno-a-ninja topic... Won't go too deep there too but I'm sure that if we get proper Stealth, it still remains possible! I keep faith in D.E. for that.

Whilst yes, there is room to perhaps argue things are more 'lively' than in the beginning (joined update 11, can't really comment) fact is, you make a game that is nothing but dark, bleak grittiness, well, people get bored. This trope is what I'm referring to.

At the end of the day, there's also the simple fact that designers and artists are people who have no small amount of pride in what they create. I can guarantee that if you ask the Level Designers and Graphic Artists whether they'd prefer making a game with hardly any clear detail due to low lighting, well...they'd be of varied opinions but I doubt it'd be encouraging to think all that detail you put in making the tile-sets worth looking at to be dismissed by 'I can see what I'm doing, it's not ninja enough'.

It also should be accepted that variety helps. Sometimes, you don't get to determine the circumstances of battle. Sometimes you have to make a stand in unfavourable terrain. Sometime you make the calls.

Seeing as we're on the topic of Video Game Ninja as well,

makes an extremely salient point that if you want actually Ninja to be honest, you aren't playing the game for that. Warframe has always been the Pop Culture Ninja context. Fun, yes, but don't feel surprised when the approach Tenno take is more Ninja Gaiden than Mark of the Ninja. That's what people expect.

It also doesn't help that a lot of people may be uncomfortable if we were to engage as fully with the setting as one might. As I've discussed elsewhere, the Origin System is a conflict torn place, and anyone who lives in that can't afford to have ideals without also having some means to exert power; self defence still requires a blade. To protect means killing another. Resisting the Infested means potentially taking the blade or bullet to yourself, or your loved ones before they succumb and kill you and all you hold dear.

No faction will, on it's own codes and values, consider themselves 'The Bad Guys'. Grineer? They're doing what's good for them, as the other races are weaker than they are. Corpus? Their mastery of trade makes them worthy of being in positions of power. The Tenno? They hold to their tenets of honour and balance, even if that means slaughtering a Galleon worth of Grineer to achieve it.

Syndicates exist in this, and their only hope of achieving these goals are the Tenno helping them. That means the idealist New Loka, the Arbiters...Steel Meridian, take your pick, all of them are willing to condone whatever actions we conduct in order to achieve what they seek. But people don't debate that inherent moral greyness. They just say 'Steel Meridian are the good guys', 'New Loka are space nazi hippies' and leave it at that.

The setting in and of itself is dark. It is bloody. But nobody cares for that because it's so much easier to say who are the 'good' guys so you can be either some hero, or be all 'cool' and pretend you're playing the villain. Fact is, we're both the hero and the villain. It just comes down to who we're asking; our allies, or our enemies?

I may be mistaken in my observations, but if people only want to engage in a glorified sci fi shooter collecting loot, with clear cut lines of who the good guys and bad guys are...we're never really going to have something that has the kind of torque you may be seeking, purely because it wouldn't be popular enough.

I would like to be forced to make hard, completely story based choices on who has to be sacrificed for the sake of Balance or whatever cause I uphold. You might not. You might prefer merely sneaking around in the dark but having a clear cut 'heroic' angle so all those things you do are totally a-ok, no matter how many lives you trade to do it.

It may come about that DE eventually gives a story with the depth we can hope for. However, as I have always maintained, never, ever get your hopes up as you'll only be disappointed.

Sorry for the long, somewhat apologetic post. But, you asked what I thought, so you deserve an answer.

Happy hunting

The lore is in fact really dark. We should see this much more ingame imo. How? You jump in a grineer asteroid and when undetected, you see some grineer troops molesting the slave civilians referred in the story.(one of the objectives? Rescue them!)

You don't see many other life forms than your direct enemies,sadly... Imagine if you joined a group of guys from your syndicate?(I'm with the steel meridian, so a mission where a group of rebellious soldiers need my help in the desert would feel awesome!)

Happy hunting to you aswell.

Edited by unknow99

Uh... when it comes to the whole "ninja" outlook, do frames like Ember, Frost, even Nyx ring a bell? They were the first few frames in this game, yet their abilities are nowhere near the stereotypical "ninja".

I state "stereotypical" because in real life, Ninjas weren't only regarded as sneaky assassins. They were heralded as mysterious people that had supernatural abilities. i.e......magic.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"Superhuman or supernatural powers were often associated with the ninja. Some legends include flight (ZEPHYR), invisibility, (LOKI/ASH) shapeshifting, the ability to "split" into multiple bodies (MIRAGE), the summoning of animals (one could put KUBROWS into this category), and control over the five classical elements (RHINO (maybe EARTH), EMBER[fire], FROST/HYDROID[water], ZEPHYR[wind/sky]). These fabulous notions have stemmed from popular imagination regarding the ninja's mysterious status, as well as romantic ideas found in later Japanese art of the Edo period. Magical powers were sometimes rooted in the ninja's own efforts to disseminate fanciful information. For example, Nakagawa Shoshujin, the 17th century founder of Nakagawa-ryū, claimed in his own writings (Okufuji Monogatari) that he had the ability to transform into birds and animals (a valid reason why Warframes depict certain animals).[66]

Perceived control over the elements may be grounded in real tactics, which were categorized by association with forces of nature. For example, the practice of starting fires in order to cover a ninja's trail falls under katon-no-jutsu ("fire techniques") (EMBER).[93]

The ninja's adaption of kites in espionage and warfare is another subject of legends. Accounts exist of ninja being lifted into the air by kites, where they flew over hostile terrain and descended into, or dropped bombs on enemy territory.[74] Kites were indeed used in Japanese warfare, but mostly for the purpose of sending messages and relaying signals.[97] Turnbull suggests that kites lifting a man into midair might have been technically feasible, but states that the use of kites to form a human "hang glider" falls squarely in the realm of fantasy.[98] (ARCHWINGS)"

When taking all this into account, a magician warframe that can control rifts in space isn't exactly far fetched, now is it.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I agree that the mood has changed, and that's normal. I also agree that the mood has diverged from what, thematically, I feel, it should have evolved into. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Now I do not agree, that warframe was ever dark/grim. Which I guess is super subjective, it would be better to say: I've never found the mood of warframe to be dark of grim, it was back then much more intimidating I find, but that isn't the same thing as being dark and grim, and for me it was 99% because I wasn't sure what button was reload and what button was melee back then.

....And are you calling me old?

You're a master. So yes you're old. Me too.. :p (at least compared to an Excalibur-MK1braton-Skana-Lato freshman!)

Again, the nostalgia should also be taken into consideration,that's right.

Edited by unknow99

This is kiiiiiinda something I realized recently. I was thinking about the designs of the older frames versus the newer frames, and I think the visuals of the new frames are too... themed. I liked when the frames only vaguely resembled the theme of their particular skillset.

I basically realized that, for example, if Mag had been designed recently, she would probably have actual magnet shapes embedded in her, as a sorta shallow presentation of her skillset. And Volt would probably look more like the Flash with some exaggerated lightning shapes. Basically, almost every detail on each frame would go towards their theme instead of giving them a unique and inspired personality.

I'm not necessarily going to say all the frames need to be 100% serious looking, but the way they design them is definitely becoming different and exaggerated.

The term you're looking for is "cheesey"

I agree, I remember the 1st time I saw Infested, in Lares if I remember right. I changed my pants after! And with that red/creepy lighting? That was a frightening experience!!

However changing the contrast and other stuff doesn't really give the same atmosphere. Give it a try, you'll see. (IMO I'm satisfied when I change these settings)

The nostalgia factor, however, isn't to be underestimated!

Here's a screenshot I just took. I tried to reproduce one of the ones in your OP. Now, it's got the blue correction and not the purple correction, but that filter does still exist. 

80KuDB3.jpg

It's not really significantly lighter or darker than the one in the OP. I have a few others from that mission.

xzgtMRq.jpgjRLPwhh.jpgPZKHoS7.jpg

Now, that's an exterminate. You can get it darker on a sabotage, or on one of the darker tilesets. 

In my opinion, warframe was never a "dark" game. I sometimes wish it was because our lore is pretty dark and I think it would be cool, but it's always had a certain colorful aspect to it. These threads about how warframe should go back to being dark pop up every now and then, and I think their premise is fundamentally flawed in that they're saying the game should go back to something it never was, and they're saying the game has moved away from that same perceived standard.

I think it's fine for some aspects of the game. In terms of themes and new update features - well, I like Archwing, and I liked Kubrows, and I really have no problem with the themes of the new Warframes.

That being said, have you heard the new Void/Derelict music? That stuff's space operatic and scary and really fits what we want warframe to be really well. It seems to me as though a direction toward something better is being taken.

However, I would like the lights to go out on Infested missions, maybe even add that fog as an environmental hazard.

Except, then... I don't know! Warframe does seem to be pretty co-op these days, but it's more about destroying mobs instead of taking it slow. I would like it if level design and balancing started to favor slow/cooperative playing, instead of BOLTOR PRIME LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Oh, yes! And some more scary gore, please. The thing the Tysis does in Doozy's fic fireteam? I want to do that. I want to be seen in others eyes as a horrific warrior deity.

I enjoy both types of play - careful and thorough solo and high energy fast paced co-op

Consequently, I am on board with having a VERY WIDE range of missions and tile sets, everything from unnerving fumbling about in the dark tile sets to clear skies battlefields

This includes more gut wrenching gore, especially in the battlesets 

Here's a screenshot I just took. I tried to reproduce one of the ones in your OP. Now, it's got the blue correction and not the purple correction, but that filter does still exist. 

80KuDB3.jpg

It's not really significantly lighter or darker than the one in the OP. I have a few others from that mission.

xzgtMRq.jpgjRLPwhh.jpgPZKHoS7.jpg

Now, that's an exterminate. You can get it darker on a sabotage, or on one of the darker tilesets. 

In my opinion, warframe was never a "dark" game. I sometimes wish it was because our lore is pretty dark and I think it would be cool, but it's always had a certain colorful aspect to it. These threads about how warframe should go back to being dark pop up every now and then, and I think their premise is fundamentally flawed in that they're saying the game should go back to something it never was, and they're saying the game has moved away from that same perceived standard.

Wow, you actually remade it for a better proof! Thank you, really useful. :)

It has little differences,but that is quiiiite okay.Effects are still here,but a bit reduced, as far as I can tell.

Oldframe :

Warframe2013-01-0500-36-43-80_zps11fd6a7

Newframe :

80KuDB3.jpg

Edited by unknow99

I kinda like it.

Makes me feel as a old player that we tenno finally accomplished something and brought just a little more balance from the whole im a badass emo ninja feel.

Now its badass epic ninja feel for me.

For me atleast, how much I like a game is based on "feelz". This just made it better. The vibe has changed for certain. For better.

Tenno, a new vibe has dawned... And its happiness 0.0

Uh... when it comes to the whole "ninja" outlook, do frames like Ember, Frost, even Nyx ring a bell? They were the first few frames in this game, yet their abilities are nowhere near the stereotypical "ninja".

I state "stereotypical" because in real life, Ninjas weren't only regarded as sneaky assassins. They were heralded as mysterious people that had supernatural abilities. i.e......magic.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"Superhuman or supernatural powers were often associated with the ninja. Some legends include flight (ZEPHYR), invisibility, (LOKI/ASH) shapeshifting, the ability to "split" into multiple bodies (MIRAGE), the summoning of animals (one could put KUBROWS into this category), and control over the five classical elements (RHINO (maybe EARTH), EMBER[fire], FROST/HYDROID[water], ZEPHYR[wind/sky]). These fabulous notions have stemmed from popular imagination regarding the ninja's mysterious status, as well as romantic ideas found in later Japanese art of the Edo period. Magical powers were sometimes rooted in the ninja's own efforts to disseminate fanciful information. For example, Nakagawa Shoshujin, the 17th century founder of Nakagawa-ryū, claimed in his own writings (Okufuji Monogatari) that he had the ability to transform into birds and animals (a valid reason why Warframes depict certain animals).[66]

Perceived control over the elements may be grounded in real tactics, which were categorized by association with forces of nature. For example, the practice of starting fires in order to cover a ninja's trail falls under katon-no-jutsu ("fire techniques") (EMBER).[93]

The ninja's adaption of kites in espionage and warfare is another subject of legends. Accounts exist of ninja being lifted into the air by kites, where they flew over hostile terrain and descended into, or dropped bombs on enemy territory.[74] Kites were indeed used in Japanese warfare, but mostly for the purpose of sending messages and relaying signals.[97] Turnbull suggests that kites lifting a man into midair might have been technically feasible, but states that the use of kites to form a human "hang glider" falls squarely in the realm of fantasy.[98] (ARCHWINGS)"

When taking all this into account, a magician warframe that can control rifts in space isn't exactly far fetched, now is it.

If you ask me, tenno can still be seen by everyone as ninja! D.E. just needs to add Stealth & infiltration. We got rescue 2.0, which was good, but we still have some tweaks needed. We can't break lights,ledge grab,steath kill when falling on someone,stealth kill 2 enemies, distract the enemies with throwable little objects,we don't have much alterante routes... But I'm sure it'll be implementable some day.

Edited by unknow99

Wow, you actually remade it for a better proof! Thank you, really useful. :)

It has little differences,but that is quiiiite okay.Effects are still here,but a bit reduced, as far as I can tell.

Keep in mind there are several different filters that color correction uses. Blue was the closest I could get to the original purple. That purple one still pops up on occasion, but it's mixed in with others now. That might be one of the changes you're seeing.

As for the effects, the elemental effects have been toned down in brightness, they don't shine quite as bright as the ones you see on the Volt in that picture. The death effects have also been turned up in brightness, they produce some ambient light now. 

The last thing to factor in is Volt's overload ability. In that last picture in the OP, the Loki with the Grineer, that room was darkened from sabotage and hit by an overload. Overload will significantly change the light level of an area, even to pitch black in some cases. 

Edit: just @ the above post, I can't see stealth ever being a serious thing like that. Our whole kit is too aggression-focused.

Edited by vaugahn

The lore is in fact really dark. We should see this much more ingame imo. How? You jump in a grineer asteroid and when undetected, you see some grineer troops molesting the slave civilians referred in the story.(one of the objectives? Rescue them!)

You don't see many other life forms than your direct enemies,sadly... Imagine if you joined a group of guys from your syndicate?(I'm with the steel meridian, so a mission where a group of rebellious soldiers need my help in the desert would feel awesome!)

Happy hunting to you aswell.

Very much in agreement. Fact is, it'd be something that'd be an incredible feat to bring about, considering the aforementioned difference between those of us here for power fantasy, and those here for a story of resistance in a bleak universe.

Syndicate wise, I'm with New Loka, on the grounds of humanity as a universal ethical basis, and the restoration of Earth would be something more permanent than fighting just another battle. Course, due to their discomfort with using humans or machines in combat (I maintain the Ancients are a place holder till they get a better asset), odds are it'd just be me and anyone willing to join me for that task.

Whilst I can't say what the narrative effects may be like, I would still feel it'd be interesting if, at some point in a mission, people may get forced to make a choice relative to their Syndicate's involvement in that situation. Would possibly lead to a case of 'I bear you no ill will...but I have to go past you' situation, which could be...played for an interesting measure of torque.

Regardless, I follow the view that should a Tenno ever need my help, I will aid them, regardless of their affiliations.

Both as my view of humanity, and as my honour. And I can't deny that it would be an excellent thing, being able to express our ideals more readily than through mere combat.

May the sandstorm muffle your footsteps.

I kinda like it.

Makes me feel as a old player that we tenno finally accomplished something and brought just a little more balance from the whole im a badass emo ninja feel.

Now its badass epic ninja feel for me.

For me atleast, how much I like a game is based on "feelz". This just made it better. The vibe has changed for certain. For better.

Tenno, a new vibe has dawned... And its happiness 0.0

Well said, well said... Going into space is badass epicness indeed!

To me, everytime someone complains about how Warframe has changed, it all just reeks of nostalgia goggles. Only differences is, no one is directly saying "X was better in update 6" or something along those lines.

Lamenting the changes that occur are usually just an oversight  of what once was. Way back when, there were only two infestation units, and the boss was just a larger version of it. Tilesets were never really 'dark' but back then all we had was the Corpus ship tileset to use for things like Infestation missions. On Corpus and Grineer missions? It's not as if we're infiltrating some sort of haunted ship or structure, as these ships we 'clean out' are no different than any other operational Corpus/Grineer ship/factory/mine/etc.

Same goes for things like charge attacks. Charge attacks were only ever a thing because you couldn't really kill anything with normal attacks. The melee 2.0 changes made it feasible to use a combination of attacks with the same effectiveness, if not moreso with the channeling mechanic. Charging was simply no longer necessary. All weapons became multi-target, with a new array of moves that were effective against enemies.

The other major oversight is that changes to lighting and reflectivity are currently in the works. We're in for a lot more tweaks to lighting on certain tilesets, just don't expect another Dead Space.

Which brings me to another point about nostalgia goggles: Replaying the same game turns it into a game rather than some sort of gritty experience. A perfect example of this is Dead Space, because if you were to replay it over again, you would have much of the map memorized (like we do now with anything other than new tilesets), and things like jump scares or generic fear would be nothing more than the perception of the core game mechanic (i.e. survival, ammo conservation, spawns, etc). I too recall the old days in Warframe, when it was one tileset, one heavy Grineer unit, one mediocre boss per planet, and it was pretty fun for it's time! After two years, however, you expect that to evolve; where bosses are no longer larger versions of existing enemies, and tilesets are varied per planet to give a different feel to different locations. Claustrophobic Corpus ships were only every a thing because they just happened to be the only thing at the time.