Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Does Work... [Login Reward]

LOYALTOTHEGANK

Thanks Quetzhal for posting videos.  While of course it's not incontrovertible proof the bug exists it's most definitely a start!  Keep it up!

I'm sure people have seen me post this in other threads about the log in bonus but to all you supposedly reasonable skeptics: How do you rationalize multiple people reporting numerous successes across many threads yet so vehemently defend the position of "it's all random"?  Surely a rational person would believe it to be more likely that some issue exists here even if they themselves cannot reproduce it instead of believing in the rather silly and far-fetched alternatives.

How is "it's all random" a 'far-fetched alternative'?  There should be people out there with astounding luck that have more potatoes than average.  That is precisely what 'it's all random' would predict.

As for the video; it provides 0 proof of anything.  We do not know how many blueprints existed before the lottery and by clicking on an object we do not see the final reward.  For all you know the final reward WAS a potato and all of your 'misses' are just when the final reward wasn't what you clicked on.  I have tried this ever since I first read about it and have never gotten a single potato from it, but I haven't seen what the final 'intended' reward was either.  I don't know whether I got what I clicked (read: missed) or what the final item was...

Edited by Kyrkitao

Proof is when you can show everyone how to repete the success every time.

That's a bit tricky when success depends in no small regard of reaction times and player skill.

I really hope devs revise their code, spot that it can work and shut you all up.

True enough, but existing evidence can point towards one answer or the other. If we know the following:

1) Catalyst/Reactor rewards are relatively rare.

2) Each login spin takes a set amount of time. (Not sure on this.)

Thus, if you click on a reward before that timer is up (you'd have to set up a comparison), and get the reward you clicked on, well... that by itself isn't proof enough, is it? But if it happened even 2-3 times, given the relative rarity of Catalyst/Reactor blueprints, you can be relatively sure that the method does work on some systems (I think someone posted earlier that it might be system-specific).

Course, it doesn't necessarily have to be catalyst or reactor blueprints; it's just that those specific ones help.

Dunno for sure. It'll most likely stay in the foggy gray area until something happens to prove one side or the other.

That would require sifting through weeks, months of threads and posts and a couple hours of live stream. That information is not easily found.

When this bug worked, you could click on the rewards from start finish. The first reward that you clicked on would not change until you stopped clicking. They would, essentially, "lock" into place, so long as you kept clicking until the cycling ended.

I have tried to attempt this again ever since these rumors started popping up again, but it never worked. The rewards didn't lock when I clicked on them, regardless of the speed. Clicking until it "ended" resulted in not knowing what was actually received.

If you notice in that video that was posted, the Orokin Catalyst reward box had already faded to black and was cycling into the final reward when he had finally clicked on it.

I logged in a while ago to record it myself, but MSI afterburner doesn't seem to work with Warframe anymore. Even though I couldn't record it, I still tried it anyway. I had the same thing happen that happened in the video, but it was a Reactor.

Before the Login Rewards, I had two Reactors from the last 12 hour alerts DE has done after their live streams. (I wasn't available for the one today/yesterday) After the Login Rewards, I still had two Reactors.

When I started clicking, the rewards never locked. It was coming to it's last cycles and the Reactor popped up at the same point as the Catalyst in the video. I kept clicking, but it faded to black and was already gone when my next click closed the Login Rewards, just like in the video.

I have no idea what I actually received, but it certainly wasn't that Reactor.

Doesn't really surprise me that the source would be buried, expected as much.

I see...so that bug doesn't even belong in the same category as our current issue.

There's no shortage of people on the internet who beleive random events aren't random. Proof wont come by posting random people being "successful " getting what they want in a random event. All that takes is volume.

Proof is when you can show everyone how to repete the success every time.

Thanks mr. internet scientist.  I'm fairly sure no one before this knew what constituted as irrefutable proof.  Too bad no one said in their last post that this was a first good step.

How is "it's all random" a 'far-fetched alternative'?  There should be people out there with astounding luck that have more potatoes than average.  That is precisely what 'it's all random' would predict.

So you're choosing to believe that multiple unrelated people have recorded all this "good luck" specifically after they found out about this bug?  Do you realize at all the level of coincidence you're implying?  Personally I can faithfully recreate this bug every time i log in.  After i told friends about it they could also faithfully recreate this bug.  Suddenly many more people are reporting repeated success that aren't even related to me.  Empirical evidence yes, but the reasonable person in me tends to think that this isn't merely astronomical coincidence.  If you don't buy that the only other thing you could be thinking is trolling on a massive scale.  I guess that's slightly more believable but again, not very rational.

So please, choose one of those options to back or come up with something that's not "OMG MASSIVE COINCIDENCE TIME TO GO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!"

Thanks mr. internet scientist.  I'm fairly sure no one before this knew what constituted as irrefutable proof.  Too bad no one said in their last post that this was a first good step.

So you're choosing to believe that multiple unrelated people have recorded all this "good luck" specifically after they found out about this bug?  Do you realize at all the level of coincidence you're implying?  Personally I can faithfully recreate this bug every time i log in.  After i told friends about it they could also faithfully recreate this bug.  Suddenly many more people are reporting repeated success that aren't even related to me.  Empirical evidence yes, but the reasonable person in me tends to think that this isn't merely astronomical coincidence.  If you don't buy that the only other thing you could be thinking is trolling on a massive scale.  I guess that's slightly more believable but again, not very rational.

So please, choose one of those options to back or come up with something that's not "OMG MASSIVE COINCIDENCE TIME TO GO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!

I, as well as any logical person, wouldn't and don't instantly believe whatever anyone on the Internet says.

I am a winged purple goomba and have recieved an Orokin Reactor every time I do the login reward.

I said both, does that make either of them true?

I, as well as any logical person, wouldn't and don't instantly believe whatever anyone on the Internet says.

I am a winged purple goomba and have recieved an Orokin Reactor every time I do the login reward.

I said both, does that make either of them true?

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. :) There is a pretty big difference between plausibility and implausibility. A winged purple goomba wouldn't have the fingers to play Warframe! Or type, haha.

That said, as I have said multiple times, I was aware that video by itself wasn't enough proof - it was merely meant to be the first in a series of videos. Tonks does have a good point - If one person gets the login reward they "clicked" on once or twice, that could very well just be personal bias, feeling like they have control over what they receive. If multiple people report a near 100% success rate, it's far more likely that it is true, at least for a certain subset of people (people with certain systems, etc, someone explained that possibility in a post a while back).

That said, I suppose it's not particularly concrete, and certainly not enough for skeptics. Video evidence forthcoming (provided it does work), after two hour Lab and Biorisk Management lectures that I will have to try my best not to fall asleep in... hey, does anyone think I might be able to recreate the technocyte virus? :p

You don't prove things in science by insulting anyone that disagrees with you. This seems to be the foundation of everything you post. " I know lots of people " and  " if you don't agree obviously you're trolling or stupid "

Look at quetzahls post and then look at yours. Notice a huge glaring difference in the approach taken ? One is effective....one is just some guy being a #$&(%.

Trolling? I'm just keeping the thread alive. And are people assuming I'm a guy, or are they just using the just using the non-gender internet version of he/his/him?

That should have nothing to do with the topic, at all.

Why bring it up? If you're a girl, who the hell cares? Why does it matter?

If you're a guy, then same thing applies.

Either way, another "troll" post to get reactions out of people.

Long story short, you don't believe it and won't until someone records a week of them doing it straight (lol wut?). Why anyone would do that JUST because you asked them to is beyond me.

Your loss if you can't get it down, not ours. You can keep getting your random rewards and we can keep getting our own picked ones :)

Everyone's happy that way.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. :) There is a pretty big difference between plausibility and implausibility. A winged purple goomba wouldn't have the fingers to play Warframe! Or type, haha.

That said, as I have said multiple times, I was aware that video by itself wasn't enough proof - it was merely meant to be the first in a series of videos. Tonks does have a good point - If one person gets the login reward they "clicked" on once or twice, that could very well just be personal bias, feeling like they have control over what they receive. If multiple people report a near 100% success rate, it's far more likely that it is true, at least for a certain subset of people (people with certain systems, etc, someone explained that possibility in a post a while back).

That said, I suppose it's not particularly concrete, and certainly not enough for skeptics. Video evidence forthcoming (provided it does work), after two hour Lab and Biorisk Management lectures that I will have to try my best not to fall asleep in... hey, does anyone think I might be able to recreate the technocyte virus? :p

I agree that what I said as my example was a little ridiculous, but I've seen 9001 too many HEROBRINE IS REAL YO DAWGS threads.

I agree that what I said as my example was a little ridiculous, but I've seen 9001 too many HEROBRINE IS REAL YO DAWGS threads.

Bahaha, well, if you have the mod... Man, that mod was cool. And may have scared me a little bit, though the SCP one was worse. Gaaah, that staircase. And there was that one time I decided to mix the SCP that set everything on fire with the one that extinguished all sources of light... I may have crashed Minecraft a little bit.

But yeah, understandable! *stops going off topic*

That should have nothing to do with the topic, at all.

Why bring it up? If you're a girl, who the hell cares? Why does it matter?

If you're a guy, then same thing applies.

Either way, another "troll" post to get reactions out of people.

Long story short, you don't believe it and won't until someone records a week of them doing it straight (lol wut?). Why anyone would do that JUST because you asked them to is beyond me.

Your loss if you can't get it down, not ours. You can keep getting your random rewards and we can keep getting our own picked ones :)

Everyone's happy that way.

I only asked after I addressed the actual subject of the thread.

Why is your reply so long to a post that is so short?

Bahaha, well, if you have the mod... Man, that mod was cool. And may have scared me a little bit, though the SCP one was worse. Gaaah, that staircase. And there was that one time I decided to mix the SCP that set everything on fire with the one that extinguished all sources of light... I may have crashed Minecraft a little bit.

But yeah, understandable! *stops going off topic*

Ah... the SCP mod.... Good times, good times.

So please, choose one of those options to back or come up with something that's not "OMG MASSIVE COINCIDENCE TIME TO GO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!"

I'm choosing to believe 'it's all random' is a plausible explanation because normal distribution curves dictate that there should be individuals on the extremes.  Assuming there are 10000 players (which I imagine is quite a bit short of the game's daily churn), you can logically expect 100 players to have a high potatoes/lottery ratio and 100 players to have a terrible potatoes/lottery ratio by pure chance.  If those 200 players go to the forum with opposing viewpoints, we get a confusing mess of opinions each having as much evidence as the others; that is to say none.  

Even more likely?  It is bugged.  It could be completely random for some of us while the rest have some artifact of the previous bug (or a completely novel one).  Every time I have seen one of these threads crop up it is flooded both by people who cannot get it to work and by people who can get it to work every time.  If it 'works' it should work for everybody or at the very least, most people.  Another reason for my skepticism?  It doesn't work for me.  Regardless, I am incredibly skeptical that it is intended (much like wavedashing and all the other animation canceling skills are probably exploits of the games engine rather than intended actions put in by the devs).  It undermines one of the few things worth paying for and the devs have taken steps to fix it already.

It is rude to imply that someone who disagrees with you on something that is controversial within the community is an unreasonable and irrational person (as you have just done).  All people are rational (but it can be very difficult to acquire the proper perspective to see someone else's logic).  

Edited by Kyrkitao

So here is a video finally.

http://youtu.be/jSeXwfpUGA0

Things I would like to point out:

1) The RNG shows the potato, I click it then, it shows up again after I clicked it and I click it some more for good measure. In the end it flashes the reward I won using this method instead of waiting for it to give me an ammo box, health regen or cipher like it normally does.

2) The image is put in there to mask my login email, I'm sure its in the EULA somewhere, plus hackers. Also, I'm no Lightworks ninja video editor so this is the only way I knew how to block the login. I wanted to use a smaller picture just to cover the box. However, the audio track is the same and you can listen to that as the image appears for any doctoring of the video.

3) Take note at how much Platinum I have, as you will see, that amount does not change.

Irrefutable and indisputable evidence, although I'm sure the naysayers will be back :)

So here is a video finally.

http://youtu.be/jSeXwfpUGA0

Things I would like to point out:

1) The RNG shows the potato, I click it then, it shows up again after I clicked it and I click it some more for good measure. In the end it flashes the reward I won using this method instead of waiting for it to give me an ammo box, health regen or cipher like it normally does.

2) The image is put in there to mask my login email, I'm sure its in the EULA somewhere, plus hackers. Also, I'm no Lightworks ninja video editor so this is the only way I knew how to block the login. I wanted to use a smaller picture just to cover the box. However, the audio track is the same and you can listen to that as the image appears for any doctoring of the video.

3) Take note at how much Platinum I have, as you will see, that amount does not change.

Irrefutable and indisputable evidence, although I'm sure the naysayers will be back :)

Well, that evidence looks pretty rock solid to me...

Guess now I know that I can choose which flavor of ammo pack I get!

Yeah, honestly, the people who know it does work can continue using this, and those don't believe, oh well, you just don't get to take advantage of this.

Why do we need to prove that it works to them? It really doesn't matter.

Well in all honesty, I would like to help my fellow Tenno. I see something of benefit and value to them so I will share it. After all, this is a co-op, I would rather play with players that are more powerful, and by sharing this information this helps in that regard. Do you want to que with a player with 30 mod points into his favorite shotty, or 60. Makes the game more enjoyable when the team has that extra to get it done fast and efficient.

Now if this was a PVP based game, I'm not giving that advantage away in the least bit.

FiendFyre, on 25 Apr 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Yeah, honestly, the people who know it does work can continue using this, and those don't believe, oh well, you just don't get to take advantage of this.

Why do we need to prove that it works to them? It really doesn't matter.

It matters because the forum is already riddled with misinformation and it would be nice to be able to definitively say whether it works or not. Regarding the video; I can't view it (for some reason it's just a black screen with audio running).