Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Does Work... [Login Reward]

LOYALTOTHEGANK

Theres 3 videos in this topic.

Yeah, that's my fault for not hitting refresh to make sure no one else had posted comments while I was multitasking writing a reply and playing the game.  I admit I missed the one from the OP, but when people don't embed using the youtube BBCode tag so it's just another link, it's easy to miss in 100+ comments.

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/12782320/img/12782320.png - 1

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/12782321/img/12782321.png - 2

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/12782323/img/12782323.png - 3

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/12782324/img/12782324.png - 4

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/12782324/img/12782324.png - 5

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/12782325/img/12782325.png - 6

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/12782326/img/12782326.png - 7

They eventually catch up to speed with each other, that tiny fraction does not make a difference.

You can download the video and see for yourself, play it frame by frame like I did.

The thing going from 1 - 1 to 2 - 3 is because:

that 1 - 1  the one on the right was just about to end and go into the 2nd

By the time the one on the left got into 2nd, the one on the right got to 3rd already.

Then without leaving the 3rd spin, the one on the left got to 3rd spin...

From there on, they always matched up. That tiny unsynced fraction made 0 difference in the end if you play it frame by frame as they caught up to each other  to the point where that fraction of a second is not noticeable.

if it kept spinning at that same speed, then the imbalance would matter. But because it slowed down, that allowed them to catch up to each other making it the same exact spin at the end.

Thanks for the breakdown!

...Do I still need to framesync the videos, Data? XD

Also... I counted the spins on the left and on the right, frame by frame.

Right:

Spun 11 times

Left:

Spun 12 times

--------------

Again, you can download the videos, and go frame by frame for yourself.

He got it early. All the proof is right there. I'm sure I can do a whole screenshot of this... but it would take me about half an hour if not more to time it all right and make it clear to see. So you can do this yourself if you are not convinced, I might do it when I get the time but not right now.

Edited by Bboy500

It's Data that was requesting video evidence. No idea where he is, though. I assume playing Warframe?

As for Fatal, laughing at personal accounts of something happening is one thing - laughing in the face of mounting evidence is quite another. I'm not really sure how to react to it, so I've taken to mostly trying to ignore it and letting him see the evidence for himself. That's a gender-neutral he.

I actually messed up a bit in my other explanation, they matched up at 4 spins, not 3.

Messed up because spins 3 and 4 were duplicates (Right side) so I didn't notice I was on spin 4 when it matched up.

nonetheless, It was still 11 spins vs 12 spins.

If you think I lied about anything, feel free to slow it down yourself and look.

I have no reason to lie and it is not hard to pause (even on youtube) the different spins and confirm I have the order correct.

Here is the exact order if he was to sync his video:

Original Video: 

(Left side spins vs Right side spins)

Spins 1:

Spins 2:
Spins 3:
Spins 4:
Spins 5:
Spins 6:
Spins 7:
Spins 8:
Spins 9:
Spins 10:
Spins 11:
Spins 12:

*Spin 3 and 4 for the right side, were the exact same spin, as were spin 5 and 6 for the left side, that is correct and not a mistake*

Total:

12 vs 11 Spins.

I wanted to uhh, make all the images appear in the post but it says too much images.

So you guys are going to have to manually click them.

---------------------

Either way,

Checkmate.

Edited by Bboy500

Why are you all indulging Fatal.  He's quite frankly the biggest troll on these forums >_>

Why are you all indulging Fatal.  He's quite frankly the biggest troll on these forums >_>

"Fatal doesn't agree with me therefore s/he's a troll!"

Anyways, you guys are doing good so far. I'd try to gather a test group of so many people, and split them into two smaller groups - those who have clicked and those who haven't, and run it over so many days (or to mmke things go by faster, have multiple accounts). 100 tests should be sufficient to get a strong set of data that could be discerned without a doubt whether it's rng or not. Keep making the videos as well, so you have concrete proof.

I'm still a skeptic but if you do manage to prove, with multiple sets of data, that clicking does indeed alter the daily reward then no one will be able to argue it.

Anyways, you guys are doing good so far. I'd try to gather a test group of so many people, and split them into two smaller groups - those who have clicked and those who haven't, and run it over so many days (or to mmke things go by faster, have multiple accounts). 100 tests should be sufficient to get a strong set of data that could be discerned without a doubt whether it's rng or not. Keep making the videos as well, so you have concrete proof.

I'm still a skeptic but if you do manage to prove, with multiple sets of data, that clicking does indeed alter the daily reward then no one will be able to argue it.

No offense,

But it is really hard to setup a video like the one he did.

Not to mention someone would have to do another frame by frame comparison and dissect the spins.

If the above video shows that it is possible, right there. Why wouldn't it be possible to repeat this? How can you still say "I don't believe it" when there is a video right now out, that shows you can very well do this.

One that you can slow down yourself and see it with your own eyes.

I just don't understand that logic =/ It isn't a fluke, people have been doing this for months now.

You'll understand eventually.

I've seen some posts that defy basic human logic.

Often times when presented with entirely complete arguments (much like  right now) they still refuse whatever is put in  front of them and laugh it off.  It's obvious they go against things to such lengths for the attention it garnishes and for the trollish aspects of it.

("LAWL I GOT SOMEONE TO SPEND 30-40 MINUTES OF THEIR DAY RECORDING AND PROVING LOGIN REWARDS ARE CLICKABLE") When quite clearly its as provable as trying it out for themselves.  There is nothing to PROVE about it.

Edited by TraumaHunter

You'll understand eventually.

I've seen some posts that defy basic human logic.

Oh I spotted him as the troll a while ago (Look back some pages)

I just really wanted to post some proof for the other people who for whatever reason can't seem to do it.

I could care less what Fatal thinks/says at this point.

Obvious troll is obvious when he repeats the same thing over and over to get reactions from people.

Needs to be more creative to hide it better :)

No offense,

But it is really hard to setup a video like the one he did.

Not to mention someone would have to do another frame by frame comparison and dissect the spins.

If the above video shows that it is possible, right there. Why wouldn't it be possible to repeat this? How can you still say "I don't believe it" when there is a video right now out, that shows you can very well do this.

One that you can slow down yourself and see it with your own eyes.

I just don't understand that logic =/ It isn't a fluke, people have been doing this for months now.

Who are these people? Have they been doing it every day without issue? Do you have any numbers or evidence to back up your statements?

That's the problem. Every time I start a solo mission and type the frame's name backwards, a blueprint for that frame drops. A bunch of people have it happen for them too. I can record videos of it as well, but it's obviously bunk, right?

A handful of videos doesn't prove anything. Get people willing to help, record results from clickers vs. non-clickers, and prove without a doubt that clicking guarantees better rewards and it's not rng being rng. Have people post screens of the reward they got each day, etc.

Until then it's just coincidence and luck. If it's not worth it to you, then you just have to accept people saying "nope dont work".

Hell, if I have enough free time I might even organize this, assuming no one else does, if for no other reason than to put it to rest. I hate urban legends in games, so proving/disproving them is always fun.

@TraumaHunter:I've been lurking the forums for a good while, and Fatal is probably one of the least hostile people on the boards. Most of the time I see people throwing around "troll" around here, it's because someone says something the other doesn't like.

Who are these people? Have they been doing it every day without issue? Do you have any numbers or evidence to back up your statements?

That's the problem. Every time I start a solo mission and type the frame's name backwards, a blueprint for that frame drops. A bunch of people have it happen for them too. I can record videos of it as well, but it's obviously bunk, right?

I would like to see this video with evidence like the one provided today.

The difference between your blank made-up statement is that you won't be able to get even 1 video of it whereas we now have it.

We do have evidence now in video form.

Why do you need the same evidence in 5 different videos?

Unless you can prove the video right now is a fake, then we have proved our case.

We are not just talking, its real and it works.

Now.. Why does it work?

It might be a bug with certain hardware.. Certain software.. Certain clients... Maybe even certain accounts, may be for reasons beyond my knowledge .

But the fact it exists and works is true. Even if it doesn't work for you specifically for whatever reasons, I know it works for me, a good amount of posters in this topic and everyone in my clan.

And now: Theres solid video/evidence to back it up.

Edited by Bboy500

A handful of videos doesn't prove anything. Get people willing to help, record results from clickers vs. non-clickers, and prove without a doubt that clicking guarantees better rewards and it's not rng being rng. Have people post screens of the reward they got each day, etc.

Until then it's just coincidence and luck. If it's not worth it to you, then you just have to accept people saying "nope dont work".

Hell, if I have enough free time I might even organize this, assuming no one else does, if for no other reason than to put it to rest. I hate urban legends in games, so proving/disproving them is always fun.

@TraumaHunter:I've been lurking the forums for a good while, and Fatal is probably one of the least hostile people on the boards. Most of the time I see people throwing around "troll" around here, it's because someone says something the other doesn't like.

Who said trolls were hostile..?

An effective troll is one that doesn't troll 100% of their posts.  If everything that came out of someones mouth was utterly bonkers it would be like "the boy who cried wolf".  Everything they said would be in one ear and out the other.  It only garnishes attention when the comments actually stand out.  

If you want I can get really technical about the apparent and possible psychological functions at work here.  It's nothing more than words typed on your screen though.  I could be a Social Psychologist (specializing in Intrapersonal phenomena and group dynamics) or I could be a 13 year old child who thought "Big words I saw on wikipedia make me sound smart! Everyone will be impressed and take me seriously if I pretend to understand these things!"

:|

EDIT: I retract my offer to get technical.  It's not worth my time to come back into this topic..

Edited by TraumaHunter

Today I clicked on catalyst blueprint and got it

(but the clicking didn't work for me for last month or so)

Maybe reward is already chosen at the start of the daily reward, so the animation is just for the "looks".

So if you click on item you already got at loging (before rolling animation) clicking on "reward" will create illusion etc.etc. ... ?

Edited by Strac_CRO

There's really nothing more to say....the skeptics were just proven wrong, and the stubborn ones even more so. Like he said, checkmate.

Today I clicked on catalyst blueprint and got it

(but the clicking didn't work for me for last month or so)

Maybe reward is already chosen at the start of the daily reward, so the animation is just for the "looks".

So if you click on item you already got in at loging (before rolling animation) clicking on "reward" will create illusion etc.etc. ... ?

This is not so because I have never clicked and gotten something else - it either works (pop up dissapears and item is in my inventory) or doesn't (pictures continue spinning). If it doesn't work it's because I clicked too early when the images were spinning too fast.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

A handful of videos. Proving it could still be coincidence.

You keeo bringing up the videos as if theyre absolute proof; you have proven that rng is rng. I guarantee you I could come up with a handful of videos doing what I described, because I do weird &#! things to "increase my luck"..and it usually works.

Seriously though, I hope this is real. Ive tried a few times and got nothing I clicked on. I click a potato and get ammo boxes. I click credits and get frame blueprints.

I can kind of understand, I suppose - Blyr is assuming that the clicks are simply giving you the item at the end of the roll, and it is pure coincidence that the last two spins (in the case of my video) are the same. Were there only one video, this would still be a fairly viable possibility. There are three videos, by three different people who could produce the effect on demand. The likelihood of this is extremely low, considering it's not that often that you get a repeat spin in the last couple of ticks.

I might continue making videos, but to be honest, my interest right now is in determining the following so that people can more reliably produce the effect:

a) When the click becomes possible
b) Whether the type of click matters (Can you just spam click?)
c) The window of time in which you can actually click on a picture (if it's only allowed on the tail end of the picture or if it works through the entire roll).

remember, if you want to say it doesn't work you also have to prove it.

which is simple, really. just post a video of a login when you spamclick the daily reward, and where the one registering the click doesnt match the rewards actually received.

until you do so, your "it doesn't work" isn't worth anything more than a "it does work" without any proof backing them up.

and it's even easier to prove it false, since you would need just one video (against proving it right which requires many videos to make sure it's not a fluke).

until then, here's a small test :

3 more accounts login reward showed.

those accounts were created and logged-in once yesterday, to start the consecutive logins, and havent been played otherwise (as can be seen in the statistic screens).

spam clicking the rewards cut them off right on the 11th, instead of going the full 12 spins cycle. in the 3 cases, the reward clicked was the reward obtained.

granted, choosing between the last two rewards isnt much choice, but it's still better than not choosing at all.

Edited by blaes

remember, if you want to say it doesn't work you also have to prove it.

which is simple, really. just post a video of a login when you spamclick the daily reward, and where the one registering the click doesnt match the rewards actually received.

until you do so, your "it doesn't work" isn't worth anything more than a "it does work" without any proof backing them up.

and it's even easier to prove it false, since you would need just one video (against proving it right which requires many videos to make sure it's not a fluke).

until then, here's a small test :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIAvdk4izc

3 more accounts login reward showed.

those accounts were created and logged-in once yesterday, to start the consecutive logins, and havent been played otherwise (as can be seen in the statistic screens).

spam clicking the rewards cut them off right on the 11th, instead of going the full 12 spins cycle. in the 3 cases, the reward clicked was the reward obtained.

granted, choosing between the last two rewards isnt much choice, but it's still better than not choosing at all.

Nice! And you determined the answers I wanted, too, haha. Guess there's no need for any more experimentation. :D

I can kind of understand, I suppose - Blyr is assuming that the clicks are simply giving you the item at the end of the roll, and it is pure coincidence that the last two spins (in the case of my video) are the same. Were there only one video, this would still be a fairly viable possibility. There are three videos, by three different people who could produce the effect on demand. The likelihood of this is extremely low, considering it's not that often that you get a repeat spin in the last couple of ticks.

I might continue making videos, but to be honest, my interest right now is in determining the following so that people can more reliably produce the effect:

c) The window of time in which you can actually click on a picture (if it's only allowed on the tail end of the picture or if it works through the entire roll).

There we go, now we're getting somewhere - if you can give a reliable methold for replicating your success that would also prove this is true, and would make it much easier to test.

@Fatal: What you do isn't trolling, theres a word for it but it's 3:28 am and I'm typing on my phone so evem if I could remember, I'd probably mispell it. An effective troll would never make themselves known, because revealing yourself gives people a mental barrier to protect themselves..your words lose their sting when people know youre trying to be as offensive as possible. Knocking people down a peg or getting everyone to chill out is something else entirely.

Also if I miss any posts - I'm not ignoring you, just typing on phone

a) at the 11th spin. meaning you can choose the 11th spin instead of the final 12th if you want, but any prior spin wont register the click.

b) didnt try the right click, but you can spam the left click.

c) when the origin of the red glow fades, and the icon isn't 'disrupted' (like bad TV reception) anymore.

a) at the 11th spin. meaning you can choose the 11th spin instead of the final 12th if you want, but any prior spin wont register the click.

b) didnt try the right click, but you can spam the left click.

c) when the origin of the red glow fades, and the icon isn't 'disrupted' (like bad TV reception) anymore.

Yep, saw your post! Awesome work. Pretty much the trend I've noticed.

The only real problem I have with Fatal's posts is the point where he just started talking about how much the thread was making him laugh. That sort of comment doesn't do anything but anger people, especially when others have already posted about forthcoming evidence. Ah well. Correct me if I'm wrong, though! I'm not that good at subtleties sometimes.

Edited by Quetzhal

Yep, saw your post! Awesome work. Pretty much the trend I've noticed.

The only real problem I have with Fatal's posts is the point where he just started talking about how much the thread was making him laugh. That sort of comment doesn't do anything but anger people, especially when others have already posted about forthcoming evidence. Ah well. Correct me if I'm wrong, though! I'm not that good at subtleties sometimes.

That's exactly what a troll wants :) To get people angry.

A lot of times it is an illusion where the person trolling thinks he gets people angry

(As in a couple of my posts where I might seem "angry" when in fact, I was calmly listening to music, playing with my clan and having a fun time overall, not getting worked up about a pretty obvious troll. I was more making fun of him during other points of my post then  taking it seriously or having any sort of actual reaction.)

But the problem is, It's the internet. You can read a post in any tone you want, but you can't really ever know what tone the person meant it in and how the person was feeling when he was doing it.

Since the trolls see it as a "reaction' though they end up laughing/enjoy reading the responses and they see it in a one-sided way (Aka they see it how they want to see it.)

So... him laughing at our evidence was "trolling". Trying to get people to respond or trying to get people that read it angry. That was the entire point of that specific post.

I've been around the internet and have been a Clan leader/dealt with these people far too long to be affected by it.

The best way to get rid of it is ignoring them :) The problem with that is... 90% of people online don't understand the fact if they just don't reply it will go away, so trolling never really stops.

The absolute best way to combat it.. is using the ignore feature. If you can't see their posts, no matter what thing they are saying you literally cannot be trolled. They don't exist to you :)

This forum doesn't have one T_T

But most games do! I always use it <3

Edit:

Also this is getting really Off-Topic lol.

Edited by Bboy500