Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3X Multiplier?

AndersPlays

Well, i knew there is only 2.5X damage multiplier when you hit a target a lot of times. And i tought 2.5X is the max, most of people might know about 3x multiplier but i just found out today. I was playing on Fossa, Venus and i was fightning The Jackal. When the jackal was not moving i just went under him and i stood there and i couldn`t get affected by the shockwaves and i kept hitting him with the Kogake until i got 200 hits on him and i had a 3x multiplier.

I believe the number of hits needed doubles each time so theoretically it could go forever.  If you want to try for 3.5x it'll probably by around 320 hits (5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320?).

It actually triples, unless they changed it at some point.

5, 15, 45, 135, 405, 1215, 3645, 10935 etc.

Back when it was implemented, the first 0.5x gained was a 5 then increased each time the number is tripled

Don't know if it was changed but assuming it hasn't you gain +0.5x melee damage at 5, 15, 45, 135, 405 and so on. Using weapons that can swing wide helps since you can literally increase your combo count for every enemy your weapon strikes in a single swing.