Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gtx 970 Physx Support [Fixed]

DarkBabylon

i wouldn't be surprised if it was broken again.

last time i looked PhysX was greyed out for myself as well.

i'm still attributing it to me not being on the most current Nvidia Driver though. i'll get around to updating sometime this week i guess.

i wouldn't be surprised if it was broken again.

last time i looked PhysX was greyed out for myself as well.

i'm still attributing it to me not being on the most current Nvidia Driver though. i'll get around to updating sometime this week i guess.

Thing is, it's not even greyed out. Both the driver and warframe confirm that PhysX can be used, and I have PhysX enabled. Cfg writes Apex being used(which is the alternate word for PhysX) and HUD confirms with a green V that the PhysX is enabled, but I see no change in graphics.

I see people being able to use it, so I must be doing something wrong, or the devs haven't got around to update for the 900 series.

It might have something to do with the fact I have downgraded to 344.16, and not use the 344.43. Reason being is that 344.43 seem to make warframe lag significantly, as ironic as it is, and downgrading is an absolute chore. However that is just the graphics display driver. The PhysX driver is completely different and I AM using the latest PhysX driver, which explicitly states there is support for 970/980 brands

Edited by DarkBabylon

Update: I have downloaded GPU-Z 0.8.0 and ran the porgram. PhysX is unchecked. I MUST be doing something wrong, that or the graphics card I recieved does not support PhysX. an EVGA 04G-P4-1972-KR, GTX970. Box states to support Gameworks technology, which includes the Physics engine PhysX.

Forcing PhysX to CPU, does not help.

Updated to 344.60. Stable, but doesn't activate PhysX.

Edited by DarkBabylon

I have managed to fix the problem, with this weird way:

I just installed the Legacy libraries of PhysX along with the new version of PhysX driver, and warframe started rendering the PhysX particles since.

Can't confirm if running from CPU or GPU, but hey, it works and with above 60 fps at all times.

• 2 months later...

Hi where can i download this PhysX legacy libraries installer? do you have a link to the Nvidia website?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.1031-legacy-driver.html

Kinda stupid that the only reason it's cut from the 'actual' driver is for file size reasons :/

I don't think the added size would worry someone on a mobile connection, let alone home broadband/fiber.