Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Mods, Are They Worth It?

-Onyx-AquaDragon42

ok, I know some mods from Syndicates are really good like Ash's Smoke Screen, but some just seem a bit rushed.  One example is any of the Warframe Mods that give team mates bonus Elemental Damage.  When going on higher tier missions, players with elemental damage mods on weapons equip specific ones based on who they are fighting and adding another element could even hinder the damage done my team mates.  

Now with the weapon mods I have noticed most of them are for weapons that people either see as useless and/or never use.  Lets take the Burston Prime for example.  It's mod gives it +80% fire rate.  This is nice, but honestly I have 2 problems with it.  1)there are other mods which are just better (ex: Speed Trigger) and 2) this could have been a much better mod if they looked at how it is used.  The Buston Prime is used to apply status effects many times and this making it's Syndicate mod one that increases Status Chance (at a higher % and/or lower cost than Rifle Aptitude) and this would work into most people's builds much easier.  

I also think they missed a huge opportunity with the Jaw Sword's mod.  Yes, +100% bonus damage is great, but I think that if they somehow made this weapon do primarily Puncture Damage that would have made it more interesting.  It would be (once again) the only Sword weapon to deal primarily Puncture damage.  

What are your thoughts?  Are there and Syndicate mods you wish were a bit better?  Do you agree with my opinions?  Please let me know.  

Now with the weapon mods I have noticed most of them are for weapons that people either see as useless and/or never use.  Lets take the Burston Prime for example.  It's mod gives it +80% fire rate.  This is nice, but honestly I have 2 problems with it.

I'd add a third problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lU1Itg2mP8

Fire rate does nothing for Burston Prime. It doesn't even function properly.

Edited by Christo92K

I'd add a third problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lU1Itg2mP8

Fire rate does nothing for Burston Prime. It doesn't even function properly.

wow.  I dont know what to think of this mod anymore.  One one hand the +80% Fire Rate it shows off does nothing, while on the other the +1 Truth gives a nice heal but you would only know this if you used it....wait, I just thought of something.  If the advertised effects of the mods did nothing or not enough to get people to use them, how would anyone find out about these secret effects?  If they want people to use these weapons more why not tell them "hey, this mod heals you and does AOE damage around you when ever you do enough damage to fill a meter."  Sounds pretty useful to me when you dont have a Trinity or any sort of healer on your team.