Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.1

[DE]Rebecca

Thank you Developers. I've been warned not to be rude to you guys, so Thank your for this WONDERFULL update making Viver trhe most AWESOME and playable map EVER.

Hope You guys keep IMPROVING, our game experience with more NEAT Hotfixes.

You do understand that they didnt change a single thing exp wise, just that fact that you cant no longer go afk on the same spot.

I was really hyped about Archwing and aesthetically it's really cool.

However so far everytime I've done an Archwing Mission there's been issues, some so blatant it confuses me how it got past QA.

On Interception missions, enemies get stuck on or inside asteroids, leaving big clumps of enemies just not doing anything.

On the Trench Run there was the invisible walls (Now fixed? Sweet!) and also sometimes enemies don't want to spawn. Occasionally you can make it to the end of the Run without a single enemy. Sometimes backtracking will spawn some enemies.

I had one instance where I got to the end, backtracked for about 500m, which caused enemies to spawn even further back in the map. I went there, killed the enemies, and once again no enemies to be seen.

I approached the Extraction point again, just to have some enemies spawn way behind me again. Rinse and repeat five or six times until eventually I reached the extermination goal.

It seems the spawn triggers are not working or are in the wrong places.

Hotfix 15.1.1

Fixes:

• Fixed Revive button resulting in an instant mission fail when playing alone.
  • Fixed Archwing Trench Run levels having invisible walls.
  • Fixed issue with AI flying into geometry in Archwing missions.

Ah thank you.

(Seems cheeky Trinity comments are still a no-no on the forums eh? lol)

So im guessing in minimal system req will be windows vista and up ? ;^;

"... And in other news, Microsoft experience an unknown surge of popularity with their windows vista program all across the globe. Future studies into this phenomenon will be conducted and we will be sure to report back to you"...

"Coming up next after the break, is your kitchen trying to kill you?"

So im guessing in minimal system req will be windows vista and up ? ;^;

honestly, i go with win 7.  vista is like over protective mom getting upset bc you had fun time with your wife.  btw your 50 with kids in teenage range,  trust me, windows 7 will give much less headaches

Been testing the latest hotfix for the past half hour.  Still very unstable with three error codes generated.  However, I have been able to login more than once so there is definitely progress.

The main issue I think is the way in which graphics cards interact with the memory limitations of 32-bit systems and XP in general, though this is just mere conjecture as I do not have access to all the facts.  However, it would provide some explanation for those still suffering out of memory errors on Win32 systems.

Edited by Donutdude

Yeah, Viver's much less powerful than before-- I only tried solo, but the spawns were fairly low and the mission was much easier, despite the fact that the caps were much farther apart. I think the difficulty for the mission at Eris is fair, but I just don't see it being a good node for endgame players hoping to grind for affinity for their syndicates. That's unfortunate, but I suspected that it would happen sooner or later. I actually agree that the node was a little too powerful and a little too easy, but it felt like the only feasible option for getting to the endgame content actively. I got a little sick of ODD and Void Defense, so it was nice to take a break.

You do understand that they didnt change a single thing exp wise, just that fact that you cant no longer go afk on the same spot.

I might need to do more testing, but I don't believe that's true. Viver's greatest asset was its spawn rate (along with its enemy type) and the well-sized map that allowed players to share affinity and max out their ability ranges. The notes explicitly stated that spawns would be changed, and at least from initial observations, I believe it's true. Maybe I'll test it out later tonight but at the moment I can't do much extensive testing.

Understood.

Thank you for the confirmation and I hope this is something the devs look into and adjust-- I've seen some amazing feedback for Syndicates and I'm hopeful that tweaks will be incoming because I personally enjoy the basis of the system and want to see more out of it. I hate to sound like I'm complaining on a hotfix thread (about a "nerf," no less!) but thank you for the feedback, and thanks to the dev team for the constant fixes and updates. Archwings really need 'em, and I love to see more and more each time.

Edited by CaptainJohnson

Great. Now can we please fix Limbo master of trolls. I can't stand login into warframe anymore. I know you are against 'naming and shame' but it's happened to me 4 times today. Admittedly , i lost my cool on the last one. Sheesh. And i thought Vauban was bad. :\

Whatever that banish power is...PLEASE get rid of it.

lol git gud

- Changed and fixed several spawning, navigation, and objective details on Eris - Viver.

Why? Viver was fine the way it was. I played Viver a lot and never had anyone AFKing. Its all about the squad, I guess. That's the only place to grind rep especially when we need a few thousand of it and other missions (exterminate/capture) offer 30rep/mission. I have seen people AFK in alerts often. The only way to deal with it is to take a screencap of their summary and send it to support. Why can't we do the same about Viver instead of a nerf?

Edit: I messed up my post and don't know how to fix it. Sorry!

Edit2: I did a few runs yday night and today morning on Viver. Its still the best place to farm for rep compared to other missions. The nerf isn't so bad. You just don't get the same amount of rep as easily as before. And, I also ran a solo mission successfully (bcoz I see some posts saying that soloing Viver is not possible now)

Edited by democrator

I might need to do more testing, but I don't believe that's true. Viver's greatest asset was its spawn rate (along with its enemy type) and the well-sized map that allowed players to share affinity and max out their ability ranges. The notes explicitly stated that spawns would be changed, and at least from initial observations, I believe it's true. Maybe I'll test it out later tonight but at the moment I can't do much extensive testing.

i just did test (twice), spawn rate down and got effect with exp too

Edited by --Q--Gasz

After testing, there seems to be the same amount of spawns but they're more spread out. There are a lot more enemies spawning on the top level, and in the back corners. And with the points spread out, you're not seeing as many enemies on screen. 

Please do and report back!

Ok so these findings aren't 100% as I didn't have an affinity booster on and our mag forgot their natural talent, so I'm rounding up a bit and guessing. I will report back with proper numbers later tonight when I have more testing time.

The point locations have been spread out, and point D elevated. I assume to promote more moving and less afk ability spamming. It makes the "xp farm lock" slighty harder to set up, but does not kill the node or make it unplayable so I'm not super bothered by it. The new enemy/map changes did seem to lower the overall xp/rep gained per round but not by as huge a margin as the last two changes I was told about

I was told by clanmates that 4 proper rounds of Viver was giving around 21k rep, and that it was lowered to around 15k, then 8kish we were getting yesterday. (these numbers are word of mouth so I correct me if I'm wrong.)

With the new changes to viver, I think it would be balanced and reasonable to up the rep nubmer back up closer to the original 21k, now that it is less afk ability spam and move involved. anything around 12-15k rep with a booster seems fair to me, as players without affinity boosters can still feel rewarded and happy farming out reputation this way.

Edited by Mitsara

Hi Rebecca, DE

Since 15.1 / 15.1.01 the minimap toggle thing has been great, but you may have noticed people complaining about their minimaps being locked into the top-corner position. The only consistent way i've been able to reproduce this is by joining games started by other people. So far it seems, every time. End result: I now have to host the game or the minimap is off in the corner where it's useless and my map awareness goes to 0.

It makes me not want to play public games / alerts anymore.

Can you seriously please fix this or rollback the change? I'd rather not have the option to auto-set minimap to center, if it means i don't have to deal with not being able to center it at all.

Many thanks in advance.