Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.1

[DE]Rebecca

Lol, that much Viver butthurt xD

Don't get me wrong, I loved it too, but it was really a bit ... too much TBH.

But seriously DE, some Syndicate tweaks are needed.

The two main points:

1 - To separate the Syndicate "Repulation" into "Exp" bar, that let's you level up within the Syndicate, and the "currency" points, with which you can buy the stuff.

Players won't feel any longer the need to "rush", because they won't lose their progress with the Syndicate if they buy something.

2 - Make the excessive points carry on, so the players won't feel pressed to "rank up" with Syndicate or else they'll burn all the hard earned points.

Edited by Esleyer

omg, I swear, DE don't want us to have fun. why those change on viver? I play this game to have fun, NOT TO BE CONSTANTLY FRUSTRATED.

Viver has been reported to not have had any changes to the Affinity received, so rest at ease for now.

On another note: Are there any plans to make Thiefs Wit/Enemy Sense carry over to your Archwing?

The Enemy Sense isn't quite important, as enemy are marked by default, yet an extended range could be beneficial on finding enemies.

The whole Loot Radar should be a default for Archwing missions. Even though some players say they are easy to spot, but if no one marked it for you and you have not been in the area where the fighting had commenced, it is quite difficult to find them.

I support the Viver nerf.  For folks who didn't seem to understand, it worked like this:

1.  A group of 2-4 people consisting of a Trinity + either Mag Prime / Oberon / Rhino Prime stood in a certain place.

2.  They set their bots to press "4" repeatedly.

3.  They went afk for an hour.

4.  #4 skills could hit the whole map, and force all interception nodes to remain neutral.

5.  Return in an hour to collect 15,000 affinity, 200+ mods, whatever resources were left.

6.  All weapons you brought were now L30.

7.  Leave, rinse, repeat.

It was getting difficult to find a group to DO stuff, because everyone was busy afk-botting in Viver.

Thought I'd throw something out there to DE_Glen.

You say your WinXP test rig is using a 256Mb graphics card?  Which card is it and what drivers are you using for it?

I'm pretty sure it's a GeForce 8600 latest drivers. We test with XP SP3 with *no* windows updates (just like the pirates) but we do get the latest drivers from the GPU vendor. We have a dude on Vista with the same vintage card and he's much more stable -- XP has a different driver model which is why we're having so much 'fun' with it. Tomorrow a GeForce 9800 on XP is getting fired up. We don't have a lot of antique AMD cards -- the ones we have are in machines with more modern OSes. I think the IT guys actually ordered some second had junk to test with but it hasn't arrived yet.

I support the Viver nerf.  For folks who didn't seem to understand, it worked like this:

1.  A group of 2-4 people consisting of a Trinity + either Mag Prime / Oberon / Rhino Prime stood in a certain place.

4.  #4 skills could hit the whole map, and force all interception nodes to remain neutral.

5.  Return in an hour to collect 15,000 affinity, 200+ mods, whatever resources were left.

It was getting difficult to find a group to DO stuff, because everyone was busy afk-botting in Viver.

Pretty much this.

If people are so eager to grind affinity, then there are other venues that work just fine.

These melodramatics are embarrassing.

Edited by Lynxh

I just lost a long post on this because of my backspace navigating my browser back, so I'll try to be concise here.

I personally don't want to play Viver or any other endless mission all the time for reputation, and I certainly don't want to play it in the extremely silly way it has evolved into. But when it's the only feasible way to try out a single augment mod for my favorite frame before the end of the year (!), it's what I feel I have to do. I mean we already have to make major sacrifices as we advance, get super deep in the hole with two other factions and thus have eximus attacking us in like every other mission, and lose all our reputation gain upon moving up in the ranks. The system at this point is not too easy to advance in; I am pretty confident in saying that.

So Viver is a symptom of this problem, and I don't think attacking the symptom is the right approach. People will just move to the next best AFK farming location and the syndicate system won't feel any better to use. I would love to have more syndicate-specific missions after the first three of the day--perhaps more difficult ones, or time-limited ones. And if possible, new dialogue for the faction leaders that is appropriate to these missions. I want to feel like I'm working with a syndicate and doing things that matter to them. I don't really think they'd care as much as the point gain implies about us massacring thousands of Corpus on Eris who never have a chance to fight back. However, I do think a nightmare spy on Neptune, the home of the Corpus, that gives them sensitive data for their operations and is time-limited or the result of you proving yourself in your first three missions of the day should be worth a lot of reputation. More importantly, it would make me feel more immersed in Warframe. That, in turn, reduces people's sense of the game being too much of a grind. In the end, people like me who want to play missions like this might advance through the syndicates more slowly than the dedicated farmers, but I would take this approach any day.

It's just not plausible right now to do it any other way. It would be nice if scaling reputation gained per sigil could be added as soon as possible, because there are a lot of perverse incentives right now. The most logical thing to do right now is to not bother buying any sigils until reaching the maximum rank in a syndicate. But then you can already get your hands on the apex sigil, so what is the point of the lower ones? I would love to have a reason to buy the lower level ones as I make my way up the ranks. They are nice looking but I keep telling myself to not bother because I want to try a weapon or warframe mod at some point in the next month, and they just directly harm that goal. I know there are plans to introduce this into the game but I really want to stress its importance, because it gives more prominence to the actual content of the syndicates. That, and more story-germane missions.

I'm pretty sure it's a GeForce 8600 latest drivers. We test with XP SP3 with *no* windows updates (just like the pirates) but we do get the latest drivers from the GPU vendor. We have a dude on Vista with the same vintage card and he's much more stable -- XP has a different driver model which is why we're having so much 'fun' with it. Tomorrow a GeForce 9800 on XP is getting fired up. We don't have a lot of antique AMD cards -- the ones we have are in machines with more modern OSes. I think the IT guys actually ordered some second had junk to test with but it hasn't arrived yet.

You see now that surprises me.

I run my GTX 660 using the 314.22 driver as I just cannot get anything later than that to remain stable on my system (I've tried using 344.48, the latest out, but my system becomes unusable after 10 minutes).  The problem I have is running new cards on old components (still using a M4A78LT-M LE w' an Athlon x4 640 @3Ghz, which might explain the instability).

Interesting.  Thanks for the response, appreciative as always.

EDIT: just re-read the part where a person's Vista build is more stable.  I might quickly throw Warframe onto my Vista laptop tomorrow when I get in from college (also 32bit) and see if I get any change in stability/performance.

Edited by Donutdude

The viver change did nothing but force a more active playstyle. the farming for rep is still possible, you just cant leave it up to a script activating Shield polerize. now the enmies can cap points easier forcing you to go make it neutral again. XP is the same, spawn is the same (more spread out though).

Good change, +1 to Dev for this

Viver, Eris = Well balanced and actually fun now. GG. However Alpha tower doesn't exist so the AI totally ignores it (basically makes it impossible to fail at the moment). 800 primary syndicate in 4 rounds without a booster (4 person squad) is pretty reasonable to me. Definitely more fun and more effective than ODD but not ridiculously mindnumbingly boring/easy like it was before. Just my opinion, but I like this new Viver a WHOLE lot better. I will actually play it now. Old version was pretty bad...

You know I've been more than happy to point out that people need to accept the fact that syndicates are a long term investment, but lets also be real here... if you lock important mods behind that long term investment that you admit yourself are about levelling the playing field somewhat for weapons that have become underpowered, then it's obvious that people are going to take every shortcut they can find to get around that massive flaw in the system.

Syndicates are a great idea for the future of warframe but they need so much work right now and I think one of the most important issues is that with normal, non viver gameplay syndicates already felt like hard work to build up without making us take huge chunks out of our progress whenever we actually dare to call in any of the favours available to us. Viver abuse was just a genuine attempt by players to bring some semblance of balance to the currently broken syndicate system.

Edited by Tiqalicious

The viver change did nothing but force a more active playstyle. the farming for rep is still possible, you just cant leave it up to a script activating Shield polerize. now the enmies can cap points easier forcing you to go make it neutral again. XP is the same, spawn is the same (more spread out though).

Good change, +1 to Dev for this

I'd like to see some numerical confirmation on the spawns because I've seen people say both ways-- spawns remaining the same, spawn decrease, spawns simply more spread out, etc. I never personally used scripts (and only ever saw one player using a macro) and admittedly I'm confused on how they'd do it considering that at the very least, Energy Vamp required coordination so as a common Trin player I didn't see how it could be afk'd effectively. If the spawns really are the same, then I'm not too concerned and would agree this is probably a good direction, but only underscores problems with Syndicates already.

I agree that afk'ers and botters are an issue but frankly, getting a good team composition and abusing certain abilities has been going on for far longer than the past few weeks. AoE abilities can still hit pretty much the entire map so it's not like that was an issue that was suddenly "fixed." People afk in plenty of other missions and with other abilities (Absorb or Soundquake, anyone?) so this isn't exactly a new issue. I'm glad it's being addressed but I agree that it is more a symptom of the problem.

I'm not a melodramatic and I'm not all that concerned with the Viver changes myself, but I think there are valid points on both sides of the issue. This is probably as much as I should go into on a hotfix thread and I think I should probably explain more in "Feedback."

Thanks again for the constant fixes, dev team!