Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Bring Back Knockback On Heavy Hammers/maces (Fragor, Magistar, Ect)

The_Traitor_Executioner

I'm not talking about what we've got right now, I'm talking about this. 

This is what heavy weapons SHOULD do.  This was one of their biggest strengths, and what made them so much fun to play.  The buff's a huge step in the right direction, but not enough.  

Also, everyone needs to stop complaining about heavy weapons being "too strong" now.  They're at a perfect spot, and yes, they should be a little OP, because they're completely worthless otherwise.  It's the only way to keep them relevant in the face of much easier to spam, much faster weps, given how cripplingly slow they all are.  The exception is the Scindo Prime, but that's another discussion.

Edited by DergyDergon

When they said they increased ragdoll on the Jat and Magistar I expected that to mean this, but no. I have seen no difference in the Jat, just buffed damage. I was quite sad.

They also nerfed its forward air attack. The weapon is now swung sideways instead of the (far cooler and more useful) overhead swing.

Is it really so hard for DE to realise that no amount of damage will really make up for how slow the heavy weapons are? They need to have something other than damage that makes up for the speed difference.

You do know the update yesterday buffed the ragdolling of most of the heavy weapons, right? We can't do the charge attacks like in that video anymore, but the effect is clearly visible if you do a ground attack.

To use your own phrasing, you do know that's ALWAYS been the case?  Always?  And on a side note, I've actually been noticing the ground pound has LESS effect since the update.

Edited by DergyDergon

+1 OP

those CB to early OB days U5-U7, oh man, the memories

those sound effects, the melee

certainly our new mid-air melee is awesome, and combos are pretty, but melee felt much more visceral back in the day, its just so fluffy and showy now =/

and

Hey it's a good tweak, while waiting for charge attacks to return...

what this guy said ^^^^^

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

From your thread talking about how WF is suppposedly losing atmosphere to this post, I'm getting the feeling that you're kind of nostalgic for oldframe.  Charge attacks ain't coming back, and that isn't a bad thing.

D.E. didn't say anything about it, so no one can say it's out of question or not... :p

An official statement about this would be great, to end this old discussion.