Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reputation - What's In It For Us? Syndicate Feedback - Also Viver

FatalionPanic-EGT-

In some regard to the Viver controversy.
Since I don't see a reasonable real fix for Viver to happen any time soon without screwing up the rest of the game how about you (DE)

- add a separate (more expensive?) booster for rep only to the market

- adjust syndicate reward prices to Viver rep yield

- tone down rep reward prices where they need to be

- increase rep reward prices where it makes sense to

(- and teach everyone how to Viver for rep)

Okay, that was a bit cynical - but:

Syndicates and farming for reputation points are interesting features with some kind of balancing issue, some questions for the guys in charge:

Why do syndicate Sigils cost rep points to begin with?

Why don't the Sigils have different increasing rep yield multipliers so they are actually WORTH the rep price they have?*

Why does a player with way over 1,8k hours (not me) in the game should feel like grinding another 1,8k hours for the rep he didn't get in the past?

Dear DE, you had to base your calculations off of something at some point, so what was it you were aiming for?

Have us farm rep for a week so we can buy a pack of 5xT4 keys which are burnt through within a matter of minutes, hours tops and still don't drop the parts we need/want? - I can see how the rep gain we have right now will not be much of an issue for new players since they have a lot of stuff to go through along the way, rank 14-17's don't.

My request, put some sense into the reward prices, please.

(*disregard that in case they actually do already and I just haven't heard of it yet)

Edited by FatalionPanic-EGT-

Maybe if we could like set our Liset starting point to be an enclave belonging to that faction when we log in, which based on standing may include legions of that factions members outside our Liset cheering for us or chanting our name/closest-associated-title.

Of course the problem with any automated name reading system is you get some awkward names...

Edited by KnotOfMetal

there where Rookies there? and i was sure only a handfull of experienced players who knew how to exploit it, and had several specific mods maxed (including some r10) where using that

Exploit what now?

There's no exploit, just clever use of game mechanics, hence this thread.

A smart fix can disable Viver as a farming spot for rep completely but that wont help the Syndicate / reward rep cost issue as a whole so I'm not even going to mention it, although it would be a smart fix it would not be a creative one at all. Yes that's a challenge DE! :)

Exploit what now?

There's no exploit, just clever use of game mechanics, hence this thread.

A smart fix can disable Viver as a farming spot for rep completely but that wont help the Syndicate / reward rep cost issue as a whole so I'm not even going to mention it, although it being be a smart fix it would not be a creative one at all. Yes that's a challenge DE! :)

This.

Whats more is funny when you realize that DE doesnt see any problem in farming ODD and sechura with vauban and speed nova . Current positions of those beacons are so terrible that you cant help other players anymore. For the first time people moved from ODD on something different and finally realized there is a world outside ODD and sechura, good reliable place to lvl up and collect those syndicate points. People started to look for Mag and trinity classes which almost noone used in normal missions. Players started using tactics against something.

So vauban and speed nova on sechura and ODD are fine, and Viver corpus farming was bad ?

Is there any difference between them ?

Maybe instead of nerfing those farm spots just reduce the ammount of affinity needed for next rank on sindicates ? I know that DE could have a great planes for it but currently it has nothing what we could call endgame...

Basically we got all worst weapons in game collected in those weapons augmented mods (Except Hek)

Augmented skills ? only the first ability which almost anyone never uses.

And trinity's pool of life...

Lets give warframe who can regenerate health and energy to whole squad some healt orbs with a chance to spawn energy orb. I think that Necro and Oberon can spawn enough of it and when i see that someone need HP i just use blessing instead:"come here i killed you an enemy and there are some HP balls which you can collect". When someone is telling me that he needs energy(Yes i know implementing an Energy indicator in HUD for teammates is imposible for some reason) i just cast Ev and he get much more energy than those 25 poinst from energy ball. Its just an example, propably there are more ridiculous mods but i mainly play trinity so this mod for me is like stabbing trinity in back.

Sorry maybe i wrote a way too much and its not related to OP but almost all current changes are just terrible..

This.

[...]

Sorry maybe i wrote a way too much and its not related to OP but almost all current changes are just terrible..

DE needs to make my grind worth my while.

Reducing a price just so I get it faster is not what I'm asking for. Make it reasonable instead.

Edit: I've got to stress this: the price alone is not the issue here, I'd gladly pay 44k rep for a Sigil that triples or quadruples my rep gain permanently. It's a combination of usefulness and price that matters. For example if I have to farm reputation for a month in order to be able to buy that Sigil that net's me enough rep gain for a daily T4 5-Pack purchase instead of a weekly one I'm so going for the grind!

Edit: I've got to stress this: the price alone is not the issue here, I'd gladly pay 44k rep for a Sigil that triples or quadruples my rep gain permanently. It's a combination of usefulness and price that matters. For example if I have to farm reputation for a month in order to be able to buy that Sigil that net's me enough rep gain for a daily T4 5-Pack purchase instead of a weekly one I'm so going for the grind!

Not going to happen. They said in the devstream that if any bonus rep gain is applied on the higher sigils it's going to be small.

Edited by Cruentus4656

So DE turnoff a release valve   for those who want to grind and grind hard - 

This is really just a slap to the hard core grinders  and they didn't even wait till next Wednesday to do it  

Viver didn't get nerfed. It still gives as much rep as before, you just can't afk in one spot with a macro on anymore.

While people will always try and find a way to min/max and exploit the game to get the most in the least amount of effort/time the whole Viver thing is simply an example of the reputation system being broken in the first place. 

Rep being linked to experience at all just seems rather silly and I doubt DE designed it where buying an experience booster is nigh mandatory to ever max the thing out. So rather than talk about them "nerfing" Viver you should instead ask why Viver even exists and is being exploited in the first place. The issue is that interception and large enemy counts give an inordinate amount more syndicate gain than any other method. Like anywhere from 5-10 times more than the other mission types. Clearly this seems like a flaw in the design that needs fixed. 

Ideally what I would like to see is an across the board buff to syndicate gain for missions. Where even the most basic mission gives you 100 rep and then it scales from there based upon enemy level and difficulty rather than simply experience. Then they should nerf interception missions to be in line with the other missions. 

Lastly make the daily alert missions more abundant or more rewarding as they are really where the focus should be. You can make the dailies worth thousands of rep each and it still be fair as you can only do so many at a time. This relaxes the curve for people who don't want to grind and brings things back to a more realistic system where you can make steady progress simply by doing the dailies. Also have the dailies and rep alerts scale based both on player rank as well as maybe mastery level. That way a veteran player can move up the lower ranks and get more rep to spend on things like the mods and weapons faster while newer players just progress naturally until they get to end game. 

There are alot of things to fix with syndicates and I'm honestly just doing the dailies and whatever other missions I want and not worrying about it until they fix the whole system. 

Edited by kazeyama

Is there any difference between them ?

ODD and Sechura have a finite number of enemies and as you progress the enemies grow in difficulty and attack power.

(eventually you see hordes of energy draining proc dealing eximus of level 80 coming at you from a 35-42 planet node)

Viver offers a LARGE spawns of INFINITE enemies at a set level that do not get stronger

(no crappy eximus to drain you, proc troll you to death, etc. while you remain stronger than them all)

Viver you can farm and leave as you wish, ODD bores you to death before the enemies give you anything decent, Sechuras scaling oly makes people farm for 15-25 waves.

Viver was tenno friendly.

Enemies spawned and affinity rate feel much lower after the fix even with an affinity booster.

I understand DE's plight in this motion but i dont think they udnerstand the players'.

Syndicate farming at Viver--

end Viver farming altogether and admit that Syndicates are good but acquiring points is HORRIBLE.

0-5000 seems like a lot to start with, but then the next tier leaps to 22k then 44k  then 70k.

Contrasted with the dailies marginal rise of roughly 200-400 points per tier its clearly fair to new players but everyone else was ignored in their calculations.

Low rank/ New players at Viver --

work out a mechanic that promotes affinity gain on planets they've unlocked on their own star map.

Did you unlock this planet and node?

If yes normal affinity, otherwise 0.5x normal affinity rate

We find a decent solution in Viver and DE responds by killing it instantly rather than giving us viable alternatives first.

It just feels like a low blow.

DE is in the right, but man what they did was shady.

Welcome the Warfarm. This is the new direction of development, grind, grind everywhere.

Sorry but that's not new, in fact WARFRAME has always been a game heavy on the grind - which is what makes the game what it is and I like that.

Well, at least I used to.

Being heavy on the grind for the grinds sake is new.

I remember back in the days the grind was well worth it, now it's like being slowed down on purpose.

rule: if its newly released its broken, it will make sense or be fixed @ u16

btw, sechura ranking was never fun

and this farming style for rep just makes me puke.
doesnt need teamplay its a braindead boring gameplay.
even invite system 50% fails for me. dafuq is wrong with wf nowadays. 

hiatus mode again i guess

Edited by Ritchel