The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Take This Into Consideration, And Wake Up.

weak_man_small_hands

Thanks for reading this, I'll keep it quick.

DE, its time to face the hard truth.

Your player base is quickly dropping, the Oceania server is dead, and I'm guessing the whole game will be the same in like another 9 months.

You need to fix this, Warframe has too much potential for it to die.

The popular You-tuber Potato Powered has decided to leave Warframe, Declaring that it is getting boring as we have been asking you for endgame for ages, and although you tried with Syndicates, that just brought back another huge problem.

The Grind. 

Warframe has always been a grindy RNG-based game, but it was never horribly bad. I know you tried to keep the game fresh with Archwing, but all that did was lead to even more mindless farming and grinding.

Here is my Serious advice.

Have a DevStream, and the whole way through it, be taking in suggestions from viewers on how to improve, fix, and change this game I love with all my heart.

Please, I don't want to see this game die, do your best to keep it alive, and better yet, improve it.

And yes, I know this is probably gonna get locked, but at least take this into consideration.

DE seems to be focusing on new content for new players (which new players seriously have enough of) and not focusing on keeping the endgame players (or even players in general). I see this to often where players come back to an update to farm the new content and raise their mastery rank higher and then quit again until a new update. Sorry if that last sentence was a bit off topic.

Edited by Rakshal

Have a DevStream, and the whole way through it, be taking in suggestions from viewers on how to improve, fix, and change this game I love with all my heart.

Because the best way to fix a game is for people with experience in game design to listen to people with no experience in game design?

Okay.

Because the best way to fix a game is for people with experience in game design to listen to people with no experience in game design?

Okay.

I think he might say this because devstreams nowadays aren't talking about old core gameplay issues and only focus on new shiny content.

No status on endgame, Stealth 2.0 or Parkour 2.0, but much hype for archwings, kubrows...

I halfway agree with this.

So what is endgame in your point of view?

^This

I had a lot of respect for Nugget_ because he was one of the only users that provided feasible suggestions for how to add serious lifespan to the game. Evenif his every criticism boiled down to "this game isn't FF14".

Almost every mmo I know of features ridiculously grind-heavy endgame (that puts Warframe to shame) and I don't know exactly what people expect. I agree that the game is boring at this point, but we just had an entirely fresh game mode added and long term grind goals, so I would like to hear what you want to be added.

EDIT: I think one important thing to note about syndicates is that their progress is measurable and constant. One thing that people have been afraid of is that all end game content is dictated by RNG and DE responded to this by adding syndicates which feature a way you can work towards a guaranteed payoff, without feeling like you wasted your time because RNG hates you. You can pick from a variety of prizes that DE has said will expand. People complain about them, but I feel like syndicates are born exactly from people's wishes.

Edited by AM-Bunny

I'm not from Oceanian servers, but if OP is saying that an entire region is dying, there is something worrying going on maybe... :p

Oceania has always been quiet, they have a low population on most games due to S#&$ty steam servers around there.

The recent chat changes have made it look even quieter, but it's far from an indication of this game's death. Every available statistic we have points to a continuous rise in players.

While I like DE's ideas for expanding, I do think after U16 (the supposed Focus update), they should really flesh out their existing content. I'd like to see more mini bosses in regular games (like vor's little thing in t4s), or if you build up a hitstreak, you get a rare mod from a selection of mods at the end of it (basically make the grind as fun as possible)

Your player base is quickly dropping

You have proof of this? Because as far as I'm concerned, the game has been getting more and more people instead of losing. It's still the 3rd most popular F2P game on Steam and for good reason. And besides, why is it such a bad thing that DE wants to show some focus on new players?

Oceania has always been quiet, they have a low population on most games due to S#&$ty steam servers around there.

The recent chat changes have made it look even quieter, but it's far from an indication of this game's death. Every available statistic we have points to a continuous rise in players.

Oh, ok. that's reassuring. Still sad that Potato is about to go though. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMkPu-O2K1o&list=UUHAenboNPQJmNQmvQDQibQA

I fear the day we'll just be a bunch of good old wolves playing this game.(or the day Mogamu,StallordD,RexSol,RedSkittlez,Archisto,Yuikami,Yanderetsama,Redwire,KrashOmnis,DogmanDan,Originalwicked,leonrogue,Calypso,CastieLix or other renown tenno leave.)

Edited by unknow99

k, of course people get bored of something.

its just like music.

you listen to the same song all the time, it just doesnt have the same feel as it did when you first heard it.

but people get bored and leave warframe, but on the other side, new players start playing warframe.

i have 3 points.

- youtubers for a game don't mean anything. sorry if you are one, but you don't reflect the playerbase of a game even remotely. whether you're around or not is your own preferences, if you leave, it's extremely subjective. has no connection to the game.

- Chats only list players that have said something in the Chat. so that 'dead' Chat Window you're talking about isn't true. it only looks quiet because people aren't talking in it, and are busy playing the game. yno, what the game is for. playing it. rather than sitting in a Chat all day.

(which is slightly hypocritical, i sit in Chatframe sometimes and burn many hours just doing that @.@)

- Warframe's average concurrent users has been going up / staying the same, so your information is still largely unfounded.

and like many, you worded your post in a knowitall way.

you might not like some parts of Warframe, but lying (even if by omission or ignorance) is not how you make your opinion look more important.

because that does the opposite.