Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Idea - Stealth/solo/stalker Boss Fight

LtSprinkulz

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/620695877437486963/

was thinking something like the fight in MGS3 with the End. Something where you, alone, have to take on a boss of equal skill. Granted, I don't expect the fight to be as long as the one with the End, but just a similar concept.

My idea was for a final confrontation with the Stalker, in which you would take him on aboard an Orokin tower. Just you an him in an epic showdown over two phases.

Phase one: Narrow the ranks
You take on several clones of him until you get down to the final one. After severly injuring him, he does a move that disarms you and teleports you away.

Phase two: Take up a weapon
A table in front of you holds many melee weapons. Every weapon has a stance equipped, but no other mods, and you're free to chose which ever one you desire. You then fight in a melee battle using all the skills avalible.

This wouldn't take very long, and would be really cool to play out. If they managed a good system for co-op then it could be done the same way.

Your thoughts?

@Zakharon good thing you edited that, was totally un-needed and made you look bad.

As I said being able to directly take on the stalker would make him a stalker no more. This is a good concept, specially with special, non standard stages, otherwise it would be another [rush-to-boss -> fill-him-with-bullets -> evac-repeat]

@Zakharon good thing you edited that, was totally un-needed and made you look bad.

As I said being able to directly take on the stalker would make him a stalker no more. This is a good concept, specially with special, non standard stages, otherwise it would be another [rush-to-boss -> fill-him-with-bullets -> evac-repeat]

He's still the Stalker, he'll still hunt you down mercilessly the same way Hek and Alad V have been sending messages from their many graves.

He's still the Stalker, he'll still hunt you down mercilessly the same way Hek and Alad V have been sending messages from their many graves.

Nope, if you can fight him whenever you want, he losses a lot of stalk- even if he still pops up randomly.

Just no.

A special boss would be awesome, who knows? Maybe an old orokin automaton, or something.

The special stages of the mission are key in this idea, to break the usual rush-ahead assassinations become.

Nope, if you can fight him whenever you want, he losses a lot of stalk- even if he still pops up randomly.

Just no.

A special boss would be awesome, who knows? Maybe an old orokin automaton, or something.

The special stages of the mission are key in this idea, to break the usual rush-ahead assassinations become.

Even still, I wasn't specifically wanting a stalker fight, the original steam post doesn't even have the same title as this one, I just threw that in (shamefully) to get more views. Regardless, I appreciate that you like my phase Ideas and for the feedback.