Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Heavy Weapons Supposed To Let You Ice Skate?

MechaTails

While using a heavy weapon like Scindo or Magistar, If you jump and press E just before you land, you get launched along the floor like an ice skater. Was it always like this?

I jumped down from a high place and pressed E before I landed, it caused the "ice skating" to always happen, even during normal melee attacks. Here you can see it looks like a "shield bash" lol

Also, are there any alternatives to using youtube? The video quality always gets butchered when I upload to that site.

Edited by DarkTails

That's just your directional melee attack.

Did you even even watch the video? Granted it looks like crap, but still lol. Skip to around 40 seconds, it clearly shows the skating. I was also trying to melee the shield lancer but it just kept doing the skating.

Edit: Oh I see, maybe the skating is the directional attack triggering, since i'm still like an inch in the air when I press E. Then the bug kicked in so I could do the directional attack on the floor

Edited by DarkTails

DE screwed up a little with those mid air attacks, they are pretty much useless cos you cant hit anything with them, but they allow any frame to jump as high as excal and fly as far and fast as zephyr

I can hit things in and out of the air fine using them.

As for the video, it's a bug being able to do it on the ground. I think it can happen with any weapon though, not specific to heavy.

I also had a few weird ones where it wouldn't stop doing spin attacks (although I don't think it was doing any damage) and another where you were attacking incredibly fast but also don't think it did damage on each hit, or at all.

I say let this be a thing, seems pretty effective in sword alone mode. a short dash along the ground

It may actually be just the thing we need to keep those combo multipliers going, especially against Corpus who like to run away. Its like the dashing homing move we have in Archwing melee.

It may actually be just the thing we need to keep those combo multipliers going, especially against Corpus who like to run away. Its like the dashing homing move we have in Archwing melee.

Exactly my point. Thats the only issue we have with melee, enemies who run away. That and some glitchy physics at times but thats better left for an other time.

Edited by Shad0wWatcher