Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gilded Truth Mod For Burston Prime Is Broken

Ken-Oh

Just traded for a Gilded truth for Burston Prime and it turned out to be the most dissappointing thing ever. The reason for this seems clear, the mod actually lowers rate of fire, instead of increasing it. Equipping the mod (maxxed) will lower the rate of fire to 80% of the original. It tells you this outright in the arsenal screen, equipping it lowers rate of fire from 10.0 to 8.0.

So a 0.8 multiplier instead of 1.8 like it should be for the maxed mod. This is as of build 15.1.1.

It lower time between burst anyway. You sure it shoots slower than before or just see on UI? UI lies sometimes

From Op I'd guess someone wrote RoF*ModLevel*0.2 (i e at maxed 0.8) instead of RoF*(0.2*ModLevel+1) (i e 1.8 at maxed) (or something similar) by mistake.

Using different variables for the UI and the game seems slightly inefficient, but I wouldn't know. :)

Edited by Daitengu

It lower time between burst anyway. You sure it shoots slower than before or just see on UI? UI lies sometimes

Went back and tested it thoroughly to make sure. Had only Gilded truth equipped on my burston prime, while a second guy stood next to me with a completely unmodded burston prime. We both mapped primary fire to mousewheel up so that we got an even, fast input rate and we then compared how long it took to empty the clip side by side. On the whole, the difference was minimal, barely noticeable, but with guilded truth i always seemed marginally slower. I was definately not nearly twice as fast as an +80% rate of fire would imply. So yeah, it seems it either doesn't work, or even slows down the rate of fire.

Also: while testing this, and expending all ammo with the burston prime, both of us were unable to fire the secondary weapon: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341202-bug-unable-to-fire-secondary-weapon-after-emptying-primary-weapon/

Edited by Ken-Oh