Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Hardcore Warframe Mode

rockscl

I have an idea( a mad one that just might work  or get me hanged for even proposing this)

Make Virtual Reality training missions, where you start as a random Rank 1 frame with random Rank 1 weapons, where upon completion ( depending on mission type) you get 3 random mods, from which you choose 1 of them and is automatically equipped to your current weapon, you then have the option to continue the VR or exit, the catch is that the more you progress the rarer the mods become, the tougher choices you have to make for choosing the mods to advance and once you exit, the mods you accumulate are actually given to you as end reward.

The rank progression could be faster, while you get the abilities at the given rank.

note: I basically described DSector conflicts with a lot of RNG

Edited by BladedFate1107

Yeah no.

Unique cosmetics is the only answer (if 'rewards' are needed (which they aren't)), but 'worth the risk' has nothing to do with the question.

People who want hardcore want the risk. It's its own reward.

Beyond that/them, hardcore mode doesn't add anything.

In my experience, most (note: I said most) people nowadays don't play permadeath roguelikes.

A gamemode with the threat of permadeath is no longer seen as a challenge to see how far you can get before - inevitably - dying.

It's not about seing how far you can/dare push the limits of your character and skill.

It's about grinding underleveled content until you're farmed up enough that you can either straight up overpower the highest content through sheer vertical progression, or, falling short of that, with through mechanics.

Ref: e.g. Diablo 2 chickenbots.

I don't know anything about Diablo 3, but at a guess would assume that the same pattern holds.

All that said:

There is a difference between self-set goals/challenges, and ones with 'official' sanction/acknowledgement.

I have no problem with that added as an option (for those who want the challenge).

But once you start talking about 'rewards' (beyond the thrill and bragging rights), you just make it a system to be gamed.

(Case in point: Conclave vs. Dark Sector Conflicts.)

the more you can lose the better its feels

and because its your choice and not a haveto thingy ...

and for all that -> "only rhino/zephyr/perma.invulnerable.frames only can do it"

screw them, ember all the way \o/

i wouldnt even care about possible benefits and rewards ... dont need that

just make it a personal achievement .... not every.frikking.thing  needs a reward shoved up you &amp;#&#33; ><

if i remember well, according to lore, the only thing that can Kill us for good is complete disintegration, or in Limbo's case, getting spread across the Solar System.

if you ever introduce the Sentients, please don't bring the ones that can kill us, you know, the giant ones with a big faceted eye that can permakill us.

"Hardcore" Nightmare Mission: Greater rewards (w/e they might be) but if you're downed, teammates can't bring you back and you loose all revives for all frames until the next Warframe day starts.

These missions would only appear at/near the start of a new WF day to prevent people running them right before another day starts. Or I guess they could carry over to another day instead. Not sure how to accommodate people in far away timezones with this.

I dunno. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by 7.T.

The thought of losing my Nyx Prime on death made me almost cry. Now I can't stop thinking about what would be worth that risk in WF. Thoughts?

I'd say no.....so DERebecca can keep her Nyx Prime.....and so I can keep my waifus (ember prime walks in) I..I mean waifu ^^

Yes, i would play this if there's a high risk high reward scenario, but it's understandable that some players don't want to lose their stuff or don't like/see the point in the HC game mode.

DEdwbQW.gif

My experience from D3 hardcore is so satisfying, except when my chars died from lag, but those OH SH*T i'm dead but in someway you survive to fight another day are awesome imo.

what about Wraith frames?  

but the twist would be, the frame you level up through hardcore mode can be sacrificed for Wraith frame parts (each frame can give one of 3 parts).

but heres the catch.

these parts make up the abilities your frame will have when created.  This way the frames are more acustom to the moves you like.

it can fit in the lore, Stalker is(would be) a Wraith frame,  this is why he has moves from different frames and why they sometimes are much more powerful then your own.  make it to where the frame is much harder to level, but at the same slightly stronger.

These frames would be courrpted though, so their is a chance when you join a mission, YOU could be the enemy and have your own goals.

the percent chance would change depending on what lvl your wraith frame vs the lvl of the mission vs players of that mission.  this way you see wraith frames in missions against those who can handle fighting such a frame and gives a bit of fun in a different way.  there would be another mode along with the 1st two (reg/nightmare) called Corrupted these can give different rewards as well.  if the players win, they get something cool, if the wraith frame fulfills his mission by downing x players OR complete game objective without dying to players (means wraith frame could kill your boss before you do) they get something cool( the players would still gain a reward, but it be more standard).   either way i think would be fun.

this would be very interesting in my eyes.  a reason to do hardcore and more pvp.  i would still have to revise this alot more.

OFC this is all up to DE anyways.