Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Hardcore Warframe Mode

rockscl

I don't see it ever working.

On the one side it's pointless without significant rewards

On the other side those who have no interest would feel slighted if the rewards were significant.

I don't see any way this wouldn't seriously split the playerbase. _and_ make people _really_ sensitive to bugs/glitches/overpowered events

It would massively increase the pressure on DE to develop a "100% correct first time" mentality that would decrease their agility and reduce their risk-taking, not to mention slow down the content updates.

Its a mistake in so many ways, optional or otherwise.

Edited by SilentMobius

more i read this post more i hate people.

I have played on D2, D3, POE if there is a game that i can put hardcore on it i make a couple of character on normal mod that will get me the gear tobe use for my hardcore character. Then i play the living S#&$ out of that mod it's not about a reward its more about the glory that it could give.If you hate that well don't put them in the hardcore option when you finish the frame.

You don't want to loss your ember p, rhino p well don't put them in hardcore.

A small remember those frame are pixel.

-snip-

Screw the rewards and people who are asking for them! Hardcore mode shouldn't be about that. Actually, why not just remove every reward in the mode. No credits, no exp, no mod drops. I'm bored with farming and grinding. This should offer veterans sort of an end game or at least something different and challenging to do.

Although, I highly recommend an online memorial or a simple badge, in game or in the forums, to commemorate a fallen comrade.

I don't see it ever working.

On the one side it's pointless without significant rewards

On the other side those who have no interest would feel slighted if the rewards were significant.

I don't see any way this wouldn't seriously split the playerbase. _and_ make people _really_ sensitive to bugs/glitches/overpowered events

It would massively increase the pressure on DE to develop a "100% correct first time" mentality that would decrease their agility and reduce their risk-taking, not to mention slow down the content updates.

Its a mistake in so many ways, optional or otherwise.

My words exactly

more i read this post more i hate people.

I have played on D2, D3, POE if there is a game that i can put hardcore on it i make a couple of character on normal mod that will get me the gear tobe use for my hardcore character. Then i play the living S#&$ out of that mod it's not about a reward its more about the glory that it could give.If you hate that well don't put them in the hardcore option when you finish the frame.

A small remember those frame are pixel.

Um yeahh, sure.....

Go farm your Loki prime all over again. I dare you. I'll pass on chucking all my time and efforts for nothing. Warframe is an item-based progression game. Making you loose all that effort is not good for anyone.

I'm all for difficulty, but perma death in a game like this is nonsensicial and over punishing.

Um yeahh, sure.....

Go farm your Loki prime all over again. I dare you. I'll pass on chucking all my time and efforts for nothing. Warframe is an item-based progression game. Making you loose all that effort is not good for anyone.

I'm all for difficulty, but perma death in a game like this is nonsensicial and over punishing.

you don't know how to read do you

here it will help you

I guess the general consensus is nay.

Warframe has a lot of indirect competition between players.  Everybody wants to be able to get the best gear.  Good guns are as much status symbols as they are DPS machines.  A system like this with such steep risks would need equally attractive rewards for any individual that wants to take the gamble.  This system by its very nature wont be very accessible; it'll create a massive divide between the Haves and Have-nots for whatever those rewards might be.

Basically, Warframe is through-and-through a casual game; hardcore options just don't have a place.  The game itself would not suffer for their existence, but the player base would.

I think DE already knows this in some way.  Most game define endgame as gated content; this would be a prime example of heavily gated content.  But DE has outright stated that they envision endgame as persistent systems that are relevant to you no matter how much you progress in the game.  They want their endgame to be accessible to every one; if there is to be gated content in Warframe (which there is - the Void, Orokin Derelicts, Vay Hek) then it should not be their endgame.

Um yeahh, sure.....

Yep

you don't know how to read do you

here it will help you

Hm how about i don't want to put ANY of my frames into that? To lose it forever etc etc. It would be unfair for me and for those who will do the same thing as me!

The idea is kinda dum, since it wont be challenging at all <.<

We will kill the same easy enemies we did before and it would only get challenging in T4 survival/defense/interception after about 30-40mins/waves

People would just create warframes for the purpose to farm the "hardcore" missions

It wouldnt be risky at all, just the same boring

I dont consider this as a challenge

If you want to create challenge create more interesting enemies+ bosses 

Permadeath would be an interesting experience, but current game has way too many bug deaths for that. Falling through the map, or even that pause when host leaves causing a loading screen while enemies remain active. Not the most rewarding way to go down.

Also, cost of frames is way too high for this. Grinding bosses and waiting 84 hours for something you would lose in an afternoon is just wrong. And then there are problematic frames like nekros, vauban, hydroid and zephyr...

at the first sign of assassins everyone would leave game instantly.

Game need fixes, changes not adding things like this, this have totaly non sense. Unless we could get 200% drop rate in that frame, then it will have more sense because you risk for more drops. Otherwise I see no sense.

And game will have more rage, Warframe community will become brutal etc. You will fall to the ground and one guy will just watching you die or will make bad decissions, and you lost your frame forever. Immediatelyy RAGE on that guy, YOU IDIOT, YOU MOTHER FU****!!! I WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY!! On warframe forum spammers this guy is a fu***ng bi*** he let me die there, I lost my frame because of that Suc***!! Just thing about it.

Good point

Without an incentive I don't see much point to doing this, though on the other hand I have like 3 dozen Oberons ready to make so I could have an entire platoon ready to go to farm such rewards... Whatever is chosen, this mode could be considered child's play to our veteran players unless you also lose the mods attached to your frame. Lets be honest, how hard is it to farm a few parts and their resources at higher levels? Even then you have frames that can be incredibly hard to kill if spec'd right and played a bit cautiously, Valkyr anyone?

TBH I've never been fond of HC modes, too often something uncontrollable happens and boom, character dead.

Edit: Also, if this were to be implemented it should require the entire squad to be HC or else it could be even more abused.

Edited by Lypiphera

Why not make a Hardcore Mode that not only offers some unique reward if you win, but if you fail the mission, you will not be able to use that specific Warframe for some time.

I'd like to call this concept "Malfunction" System where players that fail a special "Hardcore" mission with a Warframe they brought with them will have that Warframe undergo a "Malfunction" state where they would need to collect some resources to quickly fix that specific frame or will have to wait for around an hour or so for the frame to self-repair.

This is a bad idea as long as regular and hardcore frames are in the same match as the differences in play style are incompatible. "Let me die so I can get my sentinel back" is not compatible with "Running away until my health regens". Warframe is designed to have little consequence for death/failure overall, and adding that consequence to a small subset of the game will create negative behaviours in game, such as limiting 'heroic rescues' or other high risk, high reward plays.

I was about to say "as long as hardcore and non-hardcore are not mixed, I can't see a problem"...but there's one more problem for hardcore players. Matchmaking. It's often very hard to find players for certain content in some regions (T5 Perrin sequence/New Loka are nearly always a solo experience), and the Oceania matchmaking region is just dead. Even the NA regions are dead in Australia prime time (I go to the Asia region then). If I was to try hardcore mode I would want to be sure I could group with people, regardless of matchmaking region.

If there's not a lot of player support, I don't think it's worth the developers time to implement, for us or for them.

Edited by Diremongoose

i forgot to mention previously, but the most important facet is that Permadeath games need to be examples of technical excellence.

if you ever die for reasons that are not your fault, Permadeath has failed. 

if an Enemy spawns inside a wall or something and Kills you...

if you fall through the ground...

if sketchy software causes a performance hitch (such as, idunno, a Video Driver crashing)...

if the game ignores your input...

there's a million things that can and do go wrong in Warframe. even those that are willing to take that risk will be unsettled eventually when a significant portion of their deaths weren't their fault.

suffice to say for Permadeath to be largely acceptable in a game, it needs to be 'perfect'.

YES! A HC THREAD!!!

There are a lot of people not agreeing for the idea.

I see it that way:
• Playing HC would be optional.

• There could be a disclaimer that under no circumstances (and that including bugs, glitches, whatever technical imperfections) should you be rewarded in any way after dying (even if unfairly). No paying 100 plat or 1000 plat or any plat for getting what you lost back.

• Players playing HC could be rewarded in non-profitable way. I mean like the cosmetics people mentioned. But why not reward HC players with a ladder and a way to get trophies?

• Here comes idea of a second ladder on events for hardcore players. Additional (why not prettier, heh) trophies for best score in event's hardcore ladder?
• Maybe not the whole warframe should be HC, but some missions and events ony?

I'll have more to say tomorrow, no time naow x(

YES! A HC THREAD!!!

There are a lot of people not agreeing for the idea.

I see it that way:

• Playing HC would be optional.

• There could be a disclaimer that under no circumstances (and that including bugs, glitches, whatever technical imperfections) should you be rewarded in any way after dying (even if unfairly). No paying 100 plat or 1000 plat or any plat for getting what you lost back.

• Players playing HC could be rewarded in non-profitable way. I mean like the cosmetics people mentioned. But why not reward HC players with a ladder and a way to get trophies?

• Here comes idea of a second ladder on events for hardcore players. Additional (why not prettier, heh) trophies for best score in event's hardcore ladder?

• Maybe not the whole warframe should be HC, but some missions and events ony?

I'll have more to say tomorrow, no time naow x(

I absolutely would prefer just a cosmetic reward, or some ladder, i would have enough with a memorial into my liset too

I also have been thinking that a HC warframe should be somekind of off the chart agent, thus being unable to be saved by the lottus

I may be desperate enough to try this ...if the rewards are things I missed out on -

1. Legendary cores

2. Super cool emblems (tetra doom, etc)

3. Super cool cosmetics

4. Super awesome exclusive mods

Also, a big factor is RNG. If the rewards are RNG based,I will probably stop playing after a few rounds. Similar to tactical events/alerts, we should get rewards after achieving different stages. Only a deterministic rewards system will tempt me enough to risk losing my forma'Ed warframes