Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On Nova

CTanGod

This might bring a lot of hate and flame on me so... *equips max Flame Reppelent* right here we go.

NOVA NEEDS TO DIE.

No I'm serious. I know she's usefull and all that but my heart cringes everytime I see everybody and their mother needing a Nova for either TX, Mission Y or to tie their own shoes. Only God knows how in all my time playing Warframe (as an MR 17 Player with over 1k hours inested) I've only been asked to play her like 7 times or so.

So since I said it's time for her to die in the sense of becoming more lackluster I might have to explain myself better:

She needs to go since because of her reputation she pretty much shoehornes in the lack of variaty just like Rhino does. I dream of a day when every frame in the game will be used no matter where you take it. I'm honestly very biased here since after the Excalibur nerf (yes it was a nerf because not only has he been severly forced to waste more energy for the same goal now unless your name is Ash/Loki you aren't made to melee high level and DE still hasn't made Prism use Line of Sight aswell since it can be cast for 50 energy base if you detonate it instantly).

Now I don't expect many people to be sympathetic of this post but honestly every frame can fit the role of CC (some more than other) so you don't need Nova and only Nova for that if you want dmg increase ok but there also exists corrosive and Ember's accelerant. Ok I know she's the best choice for both worlds but for funs sake nerf her properly for the sake of Fun and Variaty.

Well what you think will happen will not happen.

You think if these popular frames are drastically changed or removed then there will be no popular frames.

What will happen is another frame will take Novas place as must have frame X, there is literally no way to have variety and not have a popular frame. 

This might bring a lot of hate and flame on me so... *equips max Flame Reppelent* right here we go.

NOVA NEEDS TO DIE.

No I'm serious. I know she's usefull and all that but my heart cringes everytime I see everybody and their mother needing a Nova for either TX, Mission Y or to tie their own shoes. Only God knows how in all my time playing Warframe (as an MR 17 Player with over 1k hours inested) I've only been asked to play her like 7 times or so.

So since I said it's time for her to die in the sense of becoming more lackluster I might have to explain myself better:

She needs to go since because of her reputation she pretty much shoehornes in the lack of variaty just like Rhino does. I dream of a day when every frame in the game will be used no matter where you take it. I'm honestly very biased here since after the Excalibur nerf (yes it was a nerf because not only has he been severly forced to waste more energy for the same goal now unless your name is Ash/Loki you aren't made to melee high level and DE still hasn't made Prism use Line of Sight aswell since it can be cast for 50 energy base if you detonate it instantly).

Now I don't expect many people to be sympathetic of this post but honestly every frame can fit the role of CC (some more than other) so you don't need Nova and only Nova for that if you want dmg increase ok but there also exists corrosive and Ember's accelerant. Ok I know she's the best choice for both worlds but for funs sake nerf her properly for the sake of Fun and Variaty.

it isnt that she needs to be nerfed or removed its just how players are because nova has a negative and positive charge ability which works great for defense yeahs hes not the only one that can CC but she honestly can do it well as well as shes a great farming tool

Yeah, nerf something, that's fun.

Guess I didn't make myself clear: Is it fun to see the same Frame/Frames every mission ? Is it fun to get scholded for not using the same frame 90% of the players use ? (For example I like Excal and want to play him everywhere but guess what I get scholded and added to the ignore list because I'm showing them a world beyong true and tested paths that acctually work)

Guess I didn't make myself clear: Is it fun to see the same Frame/Frames every mission ? Is it fun to get scholded for not using the same frame 90% of the players use ? (For example I like Excal and want to play him everywhere but guess what I get scholded and added to the ignore list because I'm showing them a world beyong true and tested paths that acctually work)

then your not playing with the best of players. I welcome all frames because they each can play a specific role in a mission and if built right all can go high tier. cept ember. shes too broken Ill let an ember play but Il get mad about it

also she can speed up 90% of the room

Edited by DubstepArcher

There's a limited number of frames in existence, so of course you're going to see the same ones over and over. There's nothing wrong with that.

Assuming that 90% of players use the same frame is just straight up wrong as well.

Sounds like you're just playing with jerks. 

A glass cannon that can 90% slow an entire room or more. Seems legit, nothing wrong there. *sarcasm*

I don't think you understand what a glass cannon is. It's a character with a high damage output that can be killed by a stiff breeze. The fact that Nova can die very quickly from mid-level enemies balances her damage output.

Edited by thekarubo

then your not playing with the best of players. I welcome all frames because they each can play a specific role in a mission and if built right all can go high tier. cept ember. shes too broken Ill let an ember play but Il get mad about it

I played Ember in high level once and I have to say that Accelerant >>>> Rhino Stomp. Best spammable CC on a Squishy frame I've ever used. Since we didn't have a Nova with us I ended up providing 80% of all CC and managed to get to 50mins in T4 and I also ended up dealing most dmg and second least dmg taken (I was using an efficiency build so yeah she's not bad).

I played Ember in high level once and I have to say that Accelerant >>>> Rhino Stomp. Best spammable CC on a Squishy frame I've ever used. Since we didn't have a Nova with us I ended up providing 80% of all CC and managed to get to 50mins in T4 and I also ended up dealing most dmg and second least dmg taken (I was using an efficiency build so yeah she's not bad).

no shes not too bad at all, would I prefer her is my thing is no, because if she doesnt have a solid build, she is guarenteed to go down do to, not enough damage being dealt as well as shes slow and squishy. she can run perfect tank and CC but has to be built just for that. she cant have balance

I don't think you understand what a glass cannon is. It's a character with a high damage output that can be killed by a stiff breeze. The fact that Nova can die very quickly from mid-level enemies balances her damage output.

I know what a glass cannon means but it doesn't seem reasonable for Nova to just press 4 then use wormhole to get in a safe place nor to mention that cover exists so you can avoid dmg enough time to have M Prime slow the entire room. That's what I don't find alright at all and with the new Transient Fortitude it's easier since she can have around 50% slow now for 100 energy and the duration loss is very low.

Dude, I play Excalibur, Ash and Zephyr. Almost never any other warframe. I have NEVER been told to use another frame. Also, I rarely see nova these days, and I play 24/7 more or less. She is a good frame, but she doesn't need to be nerfed. She is perfectly balanced.

Dude, I play Excalibur, Ash and Zephyr. Almost never any other warframe. I have NEVER been told to use another frame. Also, I rarely see nova these days, and I play 24/7 more or less. She is a good frame, but she doesn't need to be nerfed. She is perfectly balanced.

Really though

Nova trivializes every defense,mobile defense,survival,assassination,excavation,and interception game alone

Enemies can barely target you and even if they could their DPS is dramatically lower to the point where it doesnt matter

She can also deal hundreds of thousands of points of damage on an AoE

Balanced

the problem isnt nova as much as it is the enemies kill people too easily at high levels, especially after the last update.

if people didnt have to play chicken little being scared of everything all the time then people would play rhino and nova less. however, it is what it is.

i dunno, i think people are looking at the wrong thing. you see the symptoms and are ignoring the issue. 

its been like this forever though, the last update just made it worse. the enemies are stupid unless you use certain frames or leech off players who are using them. 

Edited by Suthurn

the problem isnt nova as much as it is the enemies kill people too easily at high levels, especially after the last update.

if people didnt have to play chicken little being scared of everything all the time then people would play rhino and nova less. however, it is what it is.

i dunno, i think people are looking at the wrong thing. you see the symptoms and are ignoring the issue. 

its been like this forever though, the last update just made it worse. the enemies are stupid unless you use certain frames or leech off players who are using them. 

That wouldnt change that those two frames are a bit overpowered in some ways