Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Improvement

zelgaris

zelgaris, on 23 Apr 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

Small magazine size with incredibly slow reloading time (even with maxed reload speed mod) are the main problems.

Possible improvements:

- Scrap the normal clip usage and use Paris system instead, i.e. faster reload with zoom out after each shot rather than having a long reload time (exclusive to other two below and I really prefer this)

- Make the default reload speed faster (even with maxed mod, it is still really slow)

- Larger default magazine size, 4 is just not enough and even maxed magazine size mod gave us only one additional ammo

When I first got my snipetron, i did get really annoyed at the incredibly slow reload time. I have a level 3(i think, it's 20%) fast hands/reload speed on it, and I don't mind the reload speed as much.

Probably because I got used to the terrible reload speed. I don't have maxed reload speed, but i feel like it does need a slight boost in reload speed.

Scrap normal clip usage...? What, make it a bolt action? Attack speed won't stack because it doesn't have a charge, unless they make this something like pulling the bolt back, etc. We'll still be using fast hands then. I don't see why we should add time between shots when we have attack speed to reduce time inbetween shots in a magazine already. It'd be a nerf.

Larger default magazine size would be really nice. In fact, this is one of the two reasons why I got a Lex instead (when I was farming hyena). Lex has 6 bullets per clip, this has 4. 5 if you got at least 20% more magazine size (the rest is wasted). Lex can probably be buffed to 8, if not at least 7.

Because pistol ammo drops much more frequently than sniper ammo (and gives 20 instead of 10 rounds), lex will never run out of ammo, whereas snipetron does. Lex also has faster reload rate (by a lot).

I find it bizarre that I need to put on at least level 0 serration to headshot level ~24 grineer (with 30% elec, 30% fire, 30% ap). More damage would probably be more important.

I don't see how paris is better than snipetron though. I guess it's probably because my paris is at level 24 at time of writing, and i'm still leveling it.

Its fire rate (compared to constant firing without reloading) is far below the snipetron, though snipetron's reload possibly balances this out.

Paris' biggest problems are charge speed, bad zoom, travel speed and dropoff.

Snipetron has bad reload. Possibly less efficient? It has less damage.

I have serration on my paris but not my snipetron. I will be testing snipetron with serration.

Scrap normal clip usage...? What, make it a bolt action? Attack speed won't stack because it doesn't have a charge, unless they make this something like pulling the bolt back, etc. We'll still be using fast hands then. I don't see why we should add time between shots when we have attack speed to reduce time inbetween shots in a magazine already. It'd be a nerf.

Larger default magazine size would be really nice. In fact, this is one of the two reasons why I got a Lex instead (when I was farming hyena). Lex has 6 bullets per clip, this has 4. 5 if you got at least 20% more magazine size (the rest is wasted). Lex can probably be buffed to 8, if not at least 7.

Because pistol ammo drops much more frequently than sniper ammo (and gives 20 instead of 10 rounds), lex will never run out of ammo, whereas snipetron does. Lex also has faster reload rate (by a lot).

I find it bizarre that I need to put on at least level 0 serration to headshot level ~24 grineer (with 30% elec, 30% fire, 30% ap). More damage would probably be more important.

I don't see how paris is better than snipetron though. I guess it's probably because my paris is at level 24 at time of writing, and i'm still leveling it.

Its fire rate (compared to constant firing without reloading) is far below the snipetron, though snipetron's reload possibly balances this out.

Paris' biggest problems are charge speed, bad zoom, travel speed and dropoff.

Snipetron has bad reload. Possibly less efficient? It has less damage.

I have serration on my paris but not my snipetron. I will be testing snipetron with serration.

1) Hehe, haven't thought somebody would actually take the Paris-system shooting literally - what I meant was using it the same way as Paris, but since the Snipetron does not have a string to pull, there wouldn't be any charge. Just regular shot, reload, shot, reload.

2) It's not only in the ammo drop probability, Lex also have 3 times more default ammo capacity in comparison to Snipetron.

I don't think there is a need to upgrade the damage on Snipetron, yet it always make me chuckle, when I snipe an enemy, he is like 1hp left, but the shot didn't even made him stagger - it's a bullet from a sniper rifle that almost killed him and he don't react to it in any way... however, this is not exclusive to Snipetron. I find it lately the reactions to damage and attacks seem kind of broken :/

I just remembered, I think DE mentioned during the livestream that the snipetron would get a buff on Friday. Also new guns, but I'm not sure about when for that.

really, i watched the live stream and didn't recall they said that. i really hope they did lol

Definately think it needs a buff but imo its problem lies more with the fundamenal gameflow than anything.

There simly is no need for a long rage sniper weapon in Warframe at the moment.

Pretty much every distance is better handled by different more versatile weaponary.

Maybe if they added totally new perks like ignoring shields but who knows what can of worms that opens.

Snipetron can work. If they keep adding tiles like the last few, it will be quite viable. It doesn't work in the ship, but for other tile sets it can. Problem is outside of big defense maps, it is quite bad.

If they do buff it, then it will be a nice option for support characters.