November 7Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

November 7th Community Hot Topics  

2,205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Custom Names for Weapons

Lets start this week’s Community Hot Topics with a fun hot topic about weapons. InvaderMEEN suggests that players should have the option to give custom names to their weapon so that each has a personal touch. This suggestion could be expanded to other equipment as well, like sentinels. If you could give your gear some nicknames, what would you call your favorite weapons, warframes, and sentinels? I’d rename my Carrier to “Jagged Edgar Hoover”, and my Sobek would definitely be “Boomstick”. Speaking of Sobek, shotguns are the next hot topic for this week and, as always, vote in the poll to give your opinion on this topic!

Source thread:

Shotguns

The weapon hot topics for this week are all about shotguns; the source threads for this topic are all asking for some shotgun love. Although shotguns have their own ammo pool, the number of available shotguns is dwarfed by the number of available rifles. In your opinion, how do shotguns compare to other weapon types? Generally speaking, how powerful do you think shotguns are in Warframe? What changes, if any, would make you want to use shotguns more?  

Source threads:

Ammo Pool for energy weapons

Deviantis has an interesting hot topic that suggests energy weapons should regenerate ammo over time instead of relying on ammo drops. Instead of sharing ammo pools with other weapons, energy weapons would have unique pools of reserve ammo based on their clip sizes. Over time, the reserve ammo would regenerate on its own. What do you think of Deviantis’ idea? Do you think energy weapons should have their own unique ammo pools? 

Source thread:

Rhino

I did not expect to be covering Rhino this week, but as I browsed through the Warframe hot topics, I noticed that a lot of hot topics were discussing the big guy and his abilities. I was surprised because Rhino is a pretty popular Warframe, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for some suggestions and improvements. Would you make any changes to Rhino? Do you think any of his abilities need an update? Can you think of any ideas for Augment mods that would be fun for Rhino? The following Augment mod is currently available to beef up his “Rhino Charge”:

Rhino: Charge: Ironclad Charge: Increases Rhino's armor by % for each enemy hit for x seconds.

Answer the Rhino poll to give your opinion on Rhino’s abilities and comment in the thread to voice your ideas/suggestions!

(As a reminder again, these Community Hot Topic threads are not necessarily indicative of upcoming changes to Warframe. Community Hot Topics are primarily about what is being said by the community and don’t always reflect what is currently under development.)

Source threads:

Your favorite ‘Frames!

Echoa has a hot topic in General Discussion right now that wants to know which Warframe is your favorite. Making polls is one of the fancy perks I have, so I thought I’d expanded on Echoa’s topic by adding a poll in this week’s Community Hot Topics. Make sure to visit Echoa’s thread (link available below) and explain who is your favorite and why. 

Source thread:

Infested Fog

In case you missed it, the Halloween infested alert had some extra spooky fog effects added. Stormandreas has a hot topic requesting that the fog be implemented all the time for infested mission. Do you think the fog should be implemented permanently, or should it be saved for special occasions? 

If you didn’t participate in the Halloween alert, here’s a video of it by DogMan Dan

Source thread:

Shotguns need Falloff removed.

They are already penalized at range by Spread.

The only viable Shotguns are, ironically, not Shotguns but Pistols.

Akbronco, Brakk and Detron all vastly outpeform regular Shotguns in the role, and this is partly because they don't have Falloff but also because Shotguns have all their vital statistics spread out on too many mods - whereas the "Pistolshotguns" only need Hornet Strike and then can add 7 bonus mods, the "real Shotguns" require up to three mod slots (Point Blank, Blaze and Vicious Spread) to simply get their base damage up which leaves only 5 mod slots for bonus mods.

As for Rhino, I suggest this change to his Augment:

Ironclad Augment:

Rhino Charge restores 3%* of Iron Skin per enemy hit.

*up to change, I just pulled 3% out of my butt.

Edited by Brimir

The following Augment mod is currently available to beef up his “Rhino Charge”:
Spoiler 
Rhino: Charge: Ironclad Charge: Increases Rhino's armor by % for each enemy hit for x seconds.

His augment is quite useless. Whoever designed it doesn't play rhino, I'd assume. The general rule of rhino, is he doesn't have enough armor to warrant health tanking him like valkyr (valkyr has about 600 base armor). And that as far as we know, and tests seem to confirm that armor doesn't affect iron skin. So pretty much the only way to build rhino is around shields, and most build around iron skin. Increasing his armor after a charge...well, if a Rhino is taking HP damage, he's probably already dead.

Edited by Zagrax

Shotguns need Falloff removed.

They are already penalized at range by Spread.

The only viable Shotguns are, ironically, not Shotguns but Pistols.

Akbronco, Brakk and Detron all vastly outpeform regular Shotguns in the role, and this is partly because they don't have Falloff but also because Shotguns have all their vital statistics spread out on too many mods - whereas the "Pistolshotguns" only need Hornet Strike and then can add 7 bonus mods, the "real Shotguns" require up to three mod slots (Point Blank, Blaze and Vicious Spread) to simply get their base damage up which leaves only 5 mod slots for bonus mods.

Brakk and Akbronco definitely have falloff, don't know where you got that idea. Detron I am not sure about.

Akbronco also is terrible IMO.

Boar Prime is quite good, Tigris as well.

Custom names, fun idea, but kinda annoying I think when wanting to look at what your team is using and all you see is some horrible names with no ability to see their actual gear.

Rhino Charge and Iron Skin could use a rework.

Rhino Charge: With the introduction of Aerial Melee, Rhino Charge is lacking as a mobility skill. It would be nice if we could charge vertically as well.

Same goes to other charge skills, like the Excalibur Slash Dash.

Iron Skin: I like what you guys did to the Snow Globe and I think this would be great for the Iron Skin as well.

Meaning, during the first 5 sec, the Iron Skin will give you invincibility and absorb all the damage. Then, the absorbed damage will be turned into the HP pool of the Iron Skin.

With this, it would be great for the Iron Skin to draw aggro within a 30 to 40m radius. And protect the team members.

Brakk and Akbronco definitely have falloff, don't know where you got that idea. Detron I am not sure about.

Akbronco also is terrible IMO.

Boar Prime is quite good, Tigris as well.

Custom names, fun idea, but kinda annoying I think when wanting to look at what your team is using and all you see is some horrible names with no ability to see their actual gear.

Akbronco does not have Falloff nor is it terrible. Put Seeker on a Status Build and you're golden.

Trust me, I've been using Akbronco+Melee without a Primary for ages now and it definitely does not drop off in damage at any range; it is only limited by the number of pellets that hits any given target.

On shotguns: I believe that shotguns became bad from excessive damage falloff, and, if what I remember is correct, is that crit/status chance is spread between all the pellets. If I am wrong, please correct me, but if a gun has 10 percent status chance, and 10 pellets, I believe that each pellet currently gets a 1 percent chance to proc, and crit works similarly. If this IS the case, then shotguns are penalized by using multishot. 

(this mechanic only applies to shotgun primaries I think)

On a side note, I would LOVE a grineer pump action shotgun that can be reloaded shell by shell that does blast damage by using detonite beads as pellets or something.

Edited by Zagrax

I would like to add that the Sobek needs the reload speed fixed. At launch it was insane and maybe too OP, but now, it has such a slow speed that there is no point in using the gun. The reload mod should be buffed in general, but in either case they need to be looked at because it is just horrible.

1. Custom names have the potential to be both fun, silly (in a good way), but if visible by other players it could give the people who rename things to "OffensiveName###" a lot more work. I'm kinda in favour of adding this feature just for the fun, though I don't think I'll be using it, personally.

2. Shotungs certainly need love. They are fun weapons, but there's a reason they're not even close to any list of "high tier" weapons. Damage falloff is not the only culprit, though I must say it's a ham-handed compensation for the sniper potential the Hek used to have over a year ago. Perhaps it could be replaced with increased spread with distance instead of a linear spread. In any case, the shotguns need to be given some love.

3. We have quite a few shotties, actually... I don't think we need a ton more, but a few would never hurt.

4. No. Leave energy weapons as they are right now. Recharging mechanics are only good to leave you dry in the middle of a heated firefight.

5. No opinion on Rhino's powers, I haven't used him enough.

6. My favourite frame is Zephyr, to the point of it being my most used frame with 22% in my profile. It's just agile, fun, and interesting. Maybe Dive Bomb could get a buff to damage, but it's fun to use nonetheless.

7. The fog should be restricted to specific events, such as Stalker invasions and Infested boss fights or events perhaps. If you use it too much, it will lose its shine.

Akbronco does not have Falloff nor is it terrible. Put Seeker on a Status Build and you're golden.

Trust me, I've been using Akbronco+Melee without a Primary for ages now and it definitely does not drop off in damage at any range; it is only limited by the number of pellets that hits any given target.

I currently use Brakk(Which is actually a good weapon despite all the whine when it got nerfed), before that I used Marelok, before that I used Kunai. 

I leveled all the Broncos, hated all of them and every moment I used them. Too weak, too much spread, reload FAR too long, I like the freaking Lato more than the Akbronco Prime.

~But hey, those are just my opinions, they differ from person to person~

His augment is quite useless. Whoever designed it doesn't play rhino, I'd assume. The general rule of rhino, is he doesn't have enough armor to warrant health tanking him like valkyr (valkyr has about 600 base armor). And that as far as we know, and tests seem to confirm that armor doesn't affect iron skin. So pretty much the only way to build rhino is around shields, and most build around iron skin. Increasing his armor after a charge...well, if a Rhino is taking HP damage, he's probably already dead.

Very well said... if the augment is to be of any use as is, IMO Rhino's base HP and Armor stats (and shields, to compromise) would have to be altered, and iron skin taking armor into account.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Infested Fog

In case you missed it, the Halloween infested alert had some extra spooky fog effects added. Stormandreas has a hot topic requesting that the fog be implemented all the time for infested mission. Do you think the fog should be implemented permanently, or should it be saved for special occasions?

This fog hurt long-range weapons and launchers. Assault rifles alredy have upper hand in most situations.

Are you implying that Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, and Lethal Torrent aren't devouring 3 mod slots on every hand-shotgun you mentioned? Because they are. Leaving only 5 slots on them too. I do agree with you that they out-perform primary shotguns, but this point you tried to make is silly.

EDIT: Haha, nvm I thought "Vicious Spread" was the shotgun multishot mod. I forgot about Hell's Chamber. I've never used a shingle shotgun, to be honest.

Edited by AM-Bunny

Infested Fog

This fog hurt long-range weapons and launchers. Assault rifles alredy have upper hand in most situations.

Two words: enemy radar.

We need a way to make the infested something feared; a sacrifice of long range weapon capabilities is something I'd gladly give up for an infesting infestation.

Rhino augment suggestions

Meteor stomp

Rhino stomp becomes castable in mid air , making rhino dive stomp  onto the ground

Mighty roar

Staggers or terrifies  nearby emeies around rhin 

Edited by Deidaku