November 7Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

November 7th Community Hot Topics  

2,205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Honestly seems like a waste of time.

2. There are plenty of numbers to show that they are obviously weaker than other weapon types even in close range. There are plenty of reasons why this is but the most obvious is damage falloff. My opinion would be to make them better at close range but at least let tighter spread weapons/builds be somewhat viable at range.

Increase base damage/crit a little and cut falloff in half.

3. Of course more would be nice but I'd save that for when shotguns in general get their past due tune up.

4. It could be cool but I'd much rather have that Ammo 2.0 mentioned oh so long ago. The ammo system in general feels like as much of an out of date relic as the Log in Reward system. Due largely to this the only viable ammo related mod we have and can apparently get is ammo mutation.

If regenerating energy weapon ammo was part of a larger ammo update, then I'd be all for it.

5. I can see I am not alone in being surprised Rhino somehow made it to the Community Hot Topics before a lot of other warframes. Eh...

The main "problem" with Rhino that I've seen is that his Iron Skin makes him basically invincible at lower level but becomes near worthless at higher.

Only interesting thing I can think of to fix that would be to perhaps lower the base amount on Iron Skin, but give it some reactionary effect. Like make Iron Skin gain armor when taking damage. The faster damage is taken the more armor it gets. Take damage slower and the armor lowers. It could allow Rhino to actually "tank" a group of enemies while still leaving a sort of vulnerability to slow powerful attacks.

6. Volt, Saryn, Nova in no particular order. I imagine I'd like Limbo but have yet to acquire him.

7. Yes, but remove the film grain and only where appropriate of course.

Edited by A1CZERO

- MOAR shotguns!! like, infested and corpus shotguns. maybe more prime shotguns...

-Custom names... phage hentai gun! *O*

-infested fog...

TmVnoUk.jpg

-Rhino... i hate rhino Idk..

-ammo pool for energy weapons, yes

-AND I FRIGGIN LUV MAH ZEHPYR, and valkyr, and the poster boy... XD

Shotguns need Falloff removed.

They are already penalized at range by Spread.

The only viable Shotguns are, ironically, not Shotguns but Pistols.

Akbronco, Brakk and Detron all vastly outpeform regular Shotguns in the role, and this is partly because they don't have Falloff but also because Shotguns have all their vital statistics spread out on too many mods - whereas the "Pistolshotguns" only need Hornet Strike and then can add 7 bonus mods, the "real Shotguns" require up to three mod slots (Point Blank, Blaze and Vicious Spread) to simply get their base damage up which leaves only 5 mod slots for bonus mods.

As for Rhino, I suggest this change to his Augment:

Ironclad Augment:

Rhino Charge restores 3%* of Iron Skin per enemy hit.

*up to change, I just pulled 3% out of my butt.

Brakk has the highest falloff in the WHOLE game, I believe it's up to 90% at over 10 meters.

I think shotguns need fall-off dmg to be halved (i mean... double the distance at which fall off starts to kick in)

I also think that many of them need a way faster reload speed.

Last but not least some mods are in terrible need of an update:

Point Black increased to Serration/Hornet Strike level

Blaze, remove fire dmg from it, it was ok in dmg 1.0, in dmg 2.0 the innate fire dmg screws up too many element combos. Add something else (extra status, extra crits, faster reload, whatever... i dont know.)

About Rhino... Rhino Charge is need of an update and its augment too.

Shotguns need Falloff removed.

They are already penalized at range by Spread.

The only viable Shotguns are, ironically, not Shotguns but Pistols.

Akbronco, Brakk and Detron all vastly outpeform regular Shotguns in the role, and this is partly because they don't have Falloff but also because Shotguns have all their vital statistics spread out on too many mods - whereas the "Pistolshotguns" only need Hornet Strike and then can add 7 bonus mods, the "real Shotguns" require up to three mod slots (Point Blank, Blaze and Vicious Spread) to simply get their base damage up which leaves only 5 mod slots for bonus mods.

So Much This. Yes!

LOKI MASTER RACE.

Winning the poll!

I think that the Halloween fog should have variable strength. I though it was too heavy on the event. It could have that strength sometimes, but also be present in weaker forms, granting variable depth perception. 

Just like missions have variable lightning, sometimes they are white, sometimes purplish, sometimes golden, etc. Infested maps and invasion could have a variable fog with random strength every mission. Higher level missions would have higher chance of heavier fog. Low level mission would have a cap on fog weight, and more likely to have light fog to no fog.

Ammo Pool for energy weapons
Deviantis has an interesting hot topic that suggests energy weapons should regenerate ammo over time instead of relying on ammo drops. Instead of sharing ammo pools with other weapons, energy weapons would have unique pools of reserve ammo based on their clip sizes. Over time, the reserve ammo would regenerate on its own. What do you think of Deviantis’ idea? Do you think energy weapons should have their own unique ammo pools? 

Source thread:

I feel like infested weapons also needs something like this

Some shotguns need to have their number of pellets increased, some should have their damage nerfed but drop-off reduced or removed, and some should have their spread decreased.

They shouldn't all be changed the same exact way, but be careful that any changes made won't just make the Hek the best weapon in the game again.  Shotguns need to be viable, but they also need to play differently.  They can't be turned into rifles with 20 bullet spreads.  Remember that shotgun damage drop-off was added because they were way too powerful at a distance...and the Hek just owned everything.

Naming gear:

I love the idea. In fact, i'd like to be able to name everything - frames, sentinels, weapons, colour schemes.

Shotguns:

I actually think that the different classes of weapons should each excel in a certain aspect of ranged combat where rifles would be the general all-rounder. This would allow more differentiation in playstyle. So i think it's not just the shotguns that should be looked at. Though since the topic here is on shotguns, this is what i had in mind. Since (most) shotguns are supposed to be for close to mid-range use, shouldn't we focus on their short-ranged capabilities rather than their long ranged ones? I'm suggesting adding a new mechanic in close range, something like

1) Innate punch-through for all pellets if the target is within a short distance from you.

2) The ability to switch from pellets to slugs that have high impact momentum and will have a mini ragdoll effect on targets within a short distance from you.. Or perhaps add this mechanic without the change of shells.

Or maybe

3) A minor disorientation effect in a small, short ranged arc in front of the player when firing a shotgun. This, combined with (2) could be added to the ones with a 'heavier' feel such as the Hek. It not only puts an emphasis on the smaller but more powerful magazine, but also slightly reduces the penalty for missed shots.

And lastly, Rhino:

I actually agree that he could be more suited towards a tank role, but i think his abilities can be more synergized to achieve this. Firstly, his tankiness needs a look at. Iron skin needs to have decent effectiveness in both low and high level content, yet not be something one can just activate mindlessly and be done with it. Rather, it should be a skill that a good Rhino pilot knows when to activate to save their team. These are some of my suggestions:

1) Effectiveness mechanic: rather than absorbing damage, make iron skin absorb a certain number of hits. Melee hits take off more hit points than ranged hits. This gives iron skin a significant degree of effectiveness at higher levels while not being too much of a crutch at lower levels.

2) Anti-overreliance mechanic: for each of the hits absorbed by iron skin, a small amout of set damage goes through to hit Rhino. We're looking at a number that is small enough to be tankable when confronting decent mobs but large enough to stack to potentially lethal damage when mindlessly facetanking everything. Something like.. 10 damage per ranged hit and 50 per melee? It also retains the need for Rhino players to mod for health and shield and not depend too much on iron skin. For those wondering what will happen when faced with a room full of enemies - that's where stomp comes in.

3) Anti-spam mechanic: like warcry, iron skin highlights a certain number of nearby enemies. Apart from the innate increased threat level the skill possesses, highlighted enemies will only target Rhino. In return, for each number of highlighted enemy, Rhino gains a percentage increase in base shield and health. This bonus triggers when cast and only expires when iron skin breaks.

These suggestions alone make iron skin easily synergizeable with roar (helps you and your squad kill enemies faster so you don't die while tanking) and also stomp (additional damage + CC when the number of enemies you are tanking gets overwhelming. However, he needs a more reliable way to get in and out of the fray. Another suggestion i could make to change his charge:

-Change it to a toggle skill where when activated, Rhino bulldozes X-men Juggernaut style straight ahead at a slightly increased movement speed with very minimal turning capabilities. When he knocks into enemies, they are either mini-ragdolled a short distance away, or just shoved aside with a stagger effect much like an impact proc. This helps Rhino get into the center of a mob easier without compromising those who want to use charge as a mobility skill.

Once again, sorry for the long wall of text, but comments and feedback are very much welcome. Thanks for reading!

Iron skin suggestion 

Juggernaut 

Rhino can knockdown enemies with minor damage just by sprinting into them when iron skin is active ( the jump kick would deal also more damage and ragdoll enemies a bit) 

Combine this + vanguard helm + Sprint + Volt speed Like a real rhino ; just charges into sh*t no f*cks given XD

Edited by Deidaku

It's always about the Rhino. How can DE never sees the other frames which have even more redundant skills than Rhino. Hell, Rhino is still spammed like hell because pretty much all of his skills are useful to a certain degree. Some other frames are just poor.

But no, it's Rhino. It needs the extra attention because surely it has the worst abilities in the game atm.

I'm not going to repeat what a bunch of people said, however Rhino could use some reworks on his first 3 abilities.

Rhino charge could work where he starts off at a walking speed and then over time he gains speed up to a certain point. Once he reaches the speed limit he can 'charge' for ever and stuns won't affect him at all, and bullets coming from head on curve to the side. However if he charges into an enemy before max speed, he loses the charge, deals less damage than the maximum charge, and gets stunned for a small amount of time. The animation of his max running speed (which can be increased by damage mods and the time it takes to reach the speed uses duration mods), could be him in a kind of on all fours like a real rhino.

Iron skin honestly is a hard one to change. It doesn't have the right feeling to belong to Rhino, so what could work is that the armor has a damage reducing, but not negating effect. It would reduce incoming damage by ... (40%?) at max and damage mods increase the percentage (btw, the number is just a placeholder). You would get the same or similar visual effect and it breaks after the total damage intake is increased. What could also be is that you gain health regen when the skin is up.

Roar is a good idea, however it could work so abilities (idk if melee is also affected) gain a buff in damage. It could also give a % health back (25%?) when cast and slight attack speed increase, (it will increase gun fire rate and melee attack speed). However it would have increased cooldown and reduced duration.