Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Physics Issues In Relation To New Content

Bio-Organic-Yahn

Being a long time player of this game ( I think since 2 years ago easter? Possibly longer), I would love to see improvement to basic rules of physics and AI in relation to stealth. I am excited we can now fly with jet-packs and play in a different way, but agree with OP in that 'Archwing' (personally) feels rushed and unfinished. 

Things I see while playing through an archwing mission are disproportionate corpus and lack of variety in combat. Overall, I feel treated as though I'm a child being given a gift to stop crying in hopes that the Dev's can prepare another gift in the future. 

Within the title of this thread, OP has a point. If DE or code developers (whomever reigns over this realm) would take a step back and look at their work as a whole, I (yes me, not everyone) would think they could notice their seemingly rubber-band sling shot wallrun jumps and abhorrent abuse of physics as a player swings their weapon and goes flying through the map. 

Personally I see these issues as monumental. As a person whom cares greatly for this game's development I urge developers to master content at hand before adding more unfinished work to the pool. I very much hope this thread can be improved upon, inspire more comments, and be seen by the Devs

I am excited we can now fly with jet-packs and play in a different way, but agree with OP in that 'Archwing' (personally) feels rushed and unfinished.

...You are the OP. "OP" in this sense means "Original Poster", or thread-starter. XD

But yeah, the physics in the game definitely need a lot of work. Everything from "jigglebone physics" (Why are chains attached to weapons trailing behind like thin strings when walking at a constant speed?) to gameplay physics need a bit of looking at.

I'm okay with the wall-slinging and coptering and such (and, to an extent, Zephyr having a lower gravitational acceleration because she's "lighter"), because those add quite a bit to the gameplay even if they are brutally unrealistic. What I'm not okay with is flying into a wall, stopping and sliding across the wall, and then continuing at my original speed once the wall is no longer in my way (e.g. what happens whenever you copter into the side of a crate or something). Things like that show an unintuitive, fundamentally-flawed physics system that adds little to the game.

DE should take a few notes from the Source engine. Outdated though it is, that engine nailed jigglebones and movement physics darn-near-perfectly.

...You are the OP. "OP" in this sense means "Original Poster", or thread-starter. XD

But yeah, the physics in the game definitely need a lot of work. Everything from "jigglebone physics" (Why are chains attached to weapons trailing behind like thin strings when walking at a constant speed?) to gameplay physics need a bit of looking at.

I'm okay with the wall-slinging and coptering and such (and, to an extent, Zephyr having a lower gravitational acceleration because she's "lighter"), because those add quite a bit to the gameplay even if they are brutally unrealistic. What I'm not okay with is flying into a wall, stopping and sliding across the wall, and then continuing at my original speed once the wall is no longer in my way (e.g. what happens whenever you copter into the side of a crate or something). Things like that show an unintuitive, fundamentally-flawed physics system that adds little to the game.

DE should take a few notes from the Source engine. Outdated though it is, that engine nailed jigglebones and movement physics darn-near-perfectly.

Oh yeah xD This post was originally started in response to a thread, my bad.