Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Pistol - Venom

matrixEXO

Venom's design would resemble a revolver with a built-in knife starting from the outer ring of the trigger area. The design is meant for it's unique capability to melee an enemy (via right-clicking) and more importantly, stealth attacking (execution) by slitting of throat followed by a point-blank gunshot. Oh, and you can shoot while melee-ing (and can net a red damage mark if you time it right enough, where it crits onto it's own crit for whatever the new damage would be). It's special ability is where it's rounds are coated in poison, dealing poison damage instead of the common non-elemental damage.

Base Damage: 50 (Ranged)

RoF: 1.5 (Ranged)

Accuracy: 40 (Ranged)

Magazine Size: 5

Reload Time: 2.4s (1.6s if interrupted while reloading pass 0.8s point, animation showing chambering of ammo and closing of the cylinder).

Crit Damage: +200%

Crit Chance: 5%

Stun chance: 25%

Unique Traits:

Base damage is poison.

High crit damage.

High accuracy.

High stun chance per shot.

Able to reduce reload time if reload animation is interrupted after 0.8s.

Weaknesses:

Has a naturally low crit chance.

Low rate of fire. Would be second lowest in the whole game.

Small magazine.

Total reload time is quite long.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited by matrixEXO

Wasn't that a mechanic in FFiix? The shooting while in mid swing.
You mean FF VIII (8)? Yeah. Also, it's never IIX since it's not meant to be that way. Lastly, Parasite Eve 2 had that on their (shot)gunblade too.
I was expecting a pistol similar to Mire, due to its name, 'Venom'. No poisons?
Hahaha! I wish we could but that would defy the idea. Also, it's technically a venom since you use the knife end to stab and fire the poison (or in this case, bullet) into their system.
Hmmmm.....
Well... I wanted an execution-style stealth attack, and forced it into this. Would work for Banshee though, given she can silence a bunch. Or just have the shot be "silenced" by enemy flesh. Edited by matrixEXO

Seems like to much to do with a pistol but as wkfire said a pistol that deals poison damage might be interesting. With the poison being more effective against armored enemies, slowly eating away there armor. The posion could work somewhat like corrosive in borderlands 2

Seems like to much to do with a pistol but as wkfire said a pistol that deals poison damage might be interesting. With the poison being more effective against armored enemies, slowly eating away there armor. The posion could work somewhat like corrosive in borderlands 2

... Guwahhhhh! Apparently there are people wanting the gun to deal Poison damage. Guess I will see if I will change it. Like this post and I will change it if I see enough.

-1 gunswords are never a fun idea
either 1 they're misinterpreted  (ffviii - the gunblade didn't shoot bullets in effect it was a low tech vibroblade... set off cartridges with no projectile for the vibrations to help the blade cut better)

or 2 they are just big bayonets.

the on the fly melee weapon that's always with you makes this not worth it IMO

I find the idea a bit interesting, but I also find ignoring the current system, i.e. aiming, completely unnecessary and not making sense. Why shouldn't we be able to aim with this gun? How do you explain this in-game?

On the other hand adding additional input for "alternative" attack, that's something different.

It could also work the melee attack is used instead of normal melee weapon, when this weapon is equipped.

Basically - if you make changes to current system, they have to make sense.

Exactly what Zelgaris said adding a whole new style of weapon and game play would change the direction that new weapon creation is going. We already have a melee weapon and a skill that applies poison damage. Making a pistol that has a lower armor pierce and maybe base damage but offset it with a corrosive round might be interesting. Or they could just put a poison mod in the game but that would kind of void any usefulness of Sayrn

Exactly what Zelgaris said adding a whole new style of weapon and game play would change the direction that new weapon creation is going. We already have a melee weapon and a skill that applies poison damage. Making a pistol that has a lower armor pierce and maybe base damage but offset it with a corrosive round might be interesting. Or they could just put a poison mod in the game but that would kind of void any usefulness of Sayrn

Poison mod was one of the mods we could vote for in the last design council poll - it will happen eventually, there is no doubt about it, since it's the only "elemental" mod we don't have right now and including it in the poll = support by devs (imho).

Poison mod was one of the mods we could vote for in the last design council poll - it will happen eventually, there is no doubt about it, since it's the only "elemental" mod we don't have right now and including it in the poll = support by devs (imho).

Im glad to hear that:) I hope it gets introduced soon but some tweaking will be needed as the Mire already has poison damage so will i benefit more from the mod or not at all?

Im glad to hear that:) I hope it gets introduced soon but some tweaking will be needed as the Mire already has poison damage so will i benefit more from the mod or not at all?

Same thing with heat dagger, right?

I think they handle this properly :)

Same thing with heat dagger, right?

I think they handle this properly :)

Yea but the only thing is the Dual Heat swords at least dont apply fire effect on normal attacks on jump attacks the Mire applies poison on normal attacks but they will figure it out. I have faith

Due to "popular" demand, I will be changing the design a bit.

Also, the reason why I removed aim/zoom for a melee function prior to the change is because the gun does not restrict the equipping of a normal melee weapon. You cannot bind the same key for 2 different weapon, just as you cannot bind LMB to the shoot and melee command.

Edited by matrixEXO