Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Chasis Excavation.....

Mesyra

I just went though excavation trying to get the new frames Chasis and this was some very annoying RNG that I got.

I was solo as frost with my boltor P, Dex Furis, and Jat Kittag.

first bit of annoyance was the fact that energy was so scarce that I could barely keep a snowglobe up.

second bit is more of a bug than anything, but my gear items keep getting removed from the wheel.

last thing was the rewards. I did not get my Limbo chasis. want to know what I got? eight Credit Caches. it would have been nine or ten if I was able to keep the seventh and Tenth drills alive. but I had no energy and kept getting shot in the head by antimoas that I couldnt even move. drill 7 died within two seconds of it dropping.

I think that there needs to be some improvement here. I want to be able to do the QUEST that they made for this. not do 3 missions in a row with 7-10 drills and not get anything. if you guys are going to make a Frame from a quest, do it like mirages quest. it was much easier to run through because you didnt have the frustration of

CREDIT CACHE CREDIT CACHE CREDIT CACHE CREDIT CACHE CREDIT CACHE CREDIT CACHE CREDIT CACHE

every single time you finish a drill. the NORMAL excavations are not even this bad with rewards.

thank you for your time and sorry for ranting. I really would like to know the reason behind CREDIT CACHE as every single reward besides the Frame parts in this quest. if we were getting other items then I would have no problem at all. 

Edited by VYR3

I didn't have a problem with the quest when I did it, but that doesn't change the fact that making RNG this involved in a quest is a very bad idea.

I personally think they should have made the parts guaranteed to drop from the Xth drill (1st, 3rd, 5th, whatever. Just some number that's reasonable for the players to be expected to get).

But the Chassis run is so easy though. Just Corpus, and those guys are pushovers

they are easy, until they send like 12 techs in one go and no energy carriers for me to keep the drill running. :|

I didn't have a problem with the quest when I did it, but that doesn't change the fact that making RNG this involved in a quest is a very bad idea.

I personally think they should have made the parts guaranteed to drop from the Xth drill (1st, 3rd, 5th, whatever. Just some number that's reasonable for the players to be expected to get).

I agree, this would be much better.

Yup this is really not fun at all.

Just finished 3 missions - each with 15 drills extracted. Guess what? Still no chasis. And the loot from those drills is just so bad that i think it's time to give up on this thing (at least unting DE does something about it...)

I want to get the frame, but not at the expense of nerd-like farming with crappy secondary rewards.....

Edited by Durothil

for my experience, the first excavation part took a few mission tries of many drills, the following were within three drills.  this game's rng coded setup is truly terrible as the infinite threads here have stated. i had to do around 220 rounds of earth arch interception for two damn oronix blades and over 80 rounds to get the elytron systems after getting the harness and wings the very first 8-round attempt.

what they should change is solo versus multiplayer chances for item drops, where the "rarer" things are equally the same chance to get as all the items from the extraction departure reward when playing under the difficulty of just being the only one.  If a group does a tower, then the chances for the "rare" stuff lessens per additional member.  who knows, those who always are in void gangbang action might try t3 and t4 alone and stop saying the "game is too easy"  :B  then again, they'll probably just bring 100 energy plates and be invisible every moment anyways.

anyhow, yeah, skewed drops chances are BS, and the more prime items come and get tossed into the tower tiers, the more difficult certain stuff will be to get more and more