Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Lore Theory Question: Tenno Boarding And Extraction Methods

TethysGrim

Hi all, me again. Still writing that fanfic. I've hit another stumbling block.

Specifically, how does the Liset dock with a Grineer ship? How do the Tenno breach the hull without being detected and setting off the alarms?

Does the Liset carve open the hull somehow, while maintaining a seal?

Just how do you think this works?

It is believed to work like a tadpole attached to something to eat it. This is also seen in the Infested missions on Eris. When you drop down in the open and run to the right down a hall, and you seen your liset detaching from the ship to fly away. Not entirely sure if the game still does this anymore, but it used to.

Its possible the ship attaches to a service vent, airlock, door of some kind, and lets you in by hacking the outer locks.

Edited by Arlayn

Ah, thank you!

I think my story will include two methods-- one, it drills a rectangular hole in the enemy vessel and simply pops a hole as it disembarks-- the safest method, and has the added bonus of sucking everyone chasing the Tenno into space for extra trololol.

Two, it docks with a regular airlock, and uses a special hack to prevent the sensors from going off, because it's kind of hard to hide the fact that the outer locks are opening. I'm imagining this is done for the missions that rely primarily on stealth, where no trace can be left at all.

Though, this brings up another question-- what about the bodies? I mean, yeah, they dissolve in game. But why? How? Is that just a game abstraction to prevent piles of corpses in Defense and Survival from making GPUs cry?

Ah, thank you!

I think my story will include two methods-- one, it drills a rectangular hole in the enemy vessel and simply pops a hole as it disembarks-- the safest method, and has the added bonus of sucking everyone chasing the Tenno into space for extra trololol.

Two, it docks with a regular airlock, and uses a special hack to prevent the sensors from going off, because it's kind of hard to hide the fact that the outer locks are opening. I'm imagining this is done for the missions that rely primarily on stealth, where no trace can be left at all.

Though, this brings up another question-- what about the bodies? I mean, yeah, they dissolve in game. But why? How? Is that just a game abstraction to prevent piles of corpses in Defense and Survival from making GPUs cry?

The bodies in-lore stay.

I know this because one of the radio transmissions is a Grineer guy reacting to an Exterminate mission, saying something along the lines of "There's bodies everywhere".

EDIT: Ah, found the actual quote. Courtesy of wiki:

"Uhh... we're entering the unresponsive vessel. Hmmuhh, no signs of Infestation so far. Ramn, there are casualties. Mm-hmm, everywhere. It looks like, uhh, blade weapons. Yeah. (???)! Uh-huh, Tenno skoom! Yeah, they're all dead. Mark this ship for repopulation. "

Edited by fishworshipper

The Liset is bigger on the inside (Void Tech). The Vitruvian hatch likely has a double purpose of providing a secure method to transition across the spatially inconsistent threshold and acting as an airlock. If you're doing a Rescue, it can be assumed the captive gets inside first and then it just swings back to let you in.

In addition, Tenno appear to teleport aboard Orokin Derelicts and Void Towers, so that's another possibility (though it might be quite difficult to do, hence why they prefer to extract by alternative means).

The Liset is bigger on the inside (Void Tech). The Vitruvian hatch likely has a double purpose of providing a secure method to transition across the spatially inconsistent threshold and acting as an airlock. If you're doing a Rescue, it can be assumed the captive gets inside first and then it just swings back to let you in.

In addition, Tenno appear to teleport aboard Orokin Derelicts and Void Towers, so that's another possibility (though it might be quite difficult to do, hence why they prefer to extract by alternative means).

It could also be possible that another Tenno/Syndicate rescue ship is there to pick up the hostage and grabs them after you evac.

I just hope that the Liset could at least have a rear ramp section that allows other non-Tenno individuals (let's say you have to rescue more than one hostage) to walk into the spacecraft after it landed on a Grineer/Corpus ship's hangar bay or a landing pad with its landing gear extended.

P.S. The reason I struck through the last five words is because my friend once told me the Liset has some kind of passive anti-gravity tech because when we saw the spacecraft for the first time in Vor's Prize quest, it was floating off the ground with no landing gears to be seen.