Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Way To Bypass Mastry Test 8

Standric

Question

I mean I get it. This test is meant to be a pain, but it's -really- a pain. I don't USE these wallrun-jump-things most of the time anyway. I don't like doing that part of things. I get motion sick when I try.

But I've tried for several days in a row now and have yet to get more than a few segments in and frankly it's enough to make me want to put a fist through my monitor. So is there some option for "Take a test some normal human might conceivably pass" or something? Because waiting 24 hours over and over to fail in about sixty seconds is starting to drive me up the wall.

19 answers to this question

never had much of an issue with the tests but there are tips on the warframe wiki regarding all of them 

Tips straight from the wiki - not sure if they will help but it's all i have for you sry

- Consider using slow frames like Frost or Rhino to have even more time to aim and do the required Manoeuvres.
 - Shotguns or widespread continuous weapons are recommended as it aims a large area as opposed to accurate rifles.
 -Vertically climbing on top of all the platforms is an easy way to pass the test as it will give you an indefinite amount of time to shoot the orbs and proceed.

If you have an Ignis (or Tainted Shell for a high-pellet-count shotgun), use it. Just press LMB while looking forward and focus on the wallruns.

If this doesn't help, then what you need is more practice. Try applying wallrun shots during missions, and try chaining wall leaps around maps whenever possible (e.g. when waiting for some guy to trade with you in your Dojo) just to get the feel of it.

Edited by SortaRandom

The point of the mastery test having a 24 hour wait time is to prove that this is a skill that you have mastered, something that you could do at any time and not just something you could manage to get right once after 100 back to back attempts. If you can't pass the test then you aren't qualified to be anything but the rank that you are. If you can't complete the test in the way that they want you to then find a way to give yourself an advantage with different frames/weapons/mods that make up for what you lack.

No way to skip that I know of, a friend failed a mastery rank test 2-3 times but somehow it passed him the last time he failed. May have been a bug or he completed it right as the failed screen popped up, not sure.

Look in the options and turn off all of the obnoxious settings like motion blur, bloom, and anything else. That might help a bit with your problem. Not entirely sure how you can get motion sick from wallrunning, I don't have that problem though.

No, it's not. And the 13 test is almost as bad.

I suck at parkour. I like the way it looks and use what elements of it that I can in game, but this sort of thing is a trial to test the patience of a saint.

Having said that, the best way to get past it is to use a slow 'frame (but not too slow, or you'll fail the jumps) and just keep hammering at it until you slop through it.

I walked to end of the platform and shot the spheres first so the walls appeared. Like the Wiki said I used Vauban because he is slower. If I try to double wallrun with Loki or Ash I can never do it but with  Frost or Vauban and I always hit em.

If you're trying this test with any warframe that has speed higher or lower than 1.0, you have just made it needless difficulty.

Use the two stamina mods (marathon, quick rest), along with the optional wall-running mod. You do not need any mods on your gun, just get a hit-scan weapon that has a good size mag so you are able to spray in the direction of the orbs.

Edited by LazyKnight

I did it with ease on the ps4 using a "claw grip" on my controller with a fast frame. Should be even more of a cakewalk on the pc.

perhaps the difficulty is in not knowing how to chain wall leaps? If so, you can practice doing it on a regular map first to understand the mechanics of how it works. just find any adjacent wall, corner and practice leaping from all to wall and staying airborne. you can also pick some object to shoot at while you're at it.

I managed to roll of the platform middle of test and died. Then Lotus congratulate me and I finished that test. :D That wasn't hard. But if you are in clan, train wall running and climbing in obstacle course or whats its name. Very useful.  

There are two cheap things you can do on this test.

First: Slowly inch up to the edge of the starting platforms and preshoot all the orbs making the walls and platforms available before you start doing any parkour stuff.

Second: Use Loki, place a decoy on the goal platform and switch teleport with it.

First: Slowly inch up to the edge of the starting platforms and preshoot all the orbs making the walls and platforms available before you start doing any parkour stuff.

This is what I had to do. But it was still tough for me to do the last one, until my audience reminded me that I jump in the direction I'm looking, so I have to look at the other well to jump to it.

Good luck.

(Also, I suffer from simulation sickness too. Try playing in windowed mode, with a static image wallpaper, have a bright light on behind you (or in front of you, if behind doesn't work), suck a piece of ginger or peppermint candy, adjust your monitor settings (some people need darker, some need lighter to prevent ss)