Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sinister Reach On Synapse?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

So when U15 launched and I learned of this new rifle mod that increases beam range by 12 meters, I got really excited since I'm using my Synapse all the time.

But once I got the mod and went to put it on, I realized just how important every single 8 of my mods were.

MC6qt0c.png?1

This is the build I'm using, with Sinister Reach on.

I figured the best mod to replace it with was Heavy Caliber (Rank 8/10), but as you can see, the damage downfall is really big.

The 12 extra meters of range really feels great though, and I'd hate to go back to the old 20m.

I've tested this on Ambulas and could definitely feel the difference in damage.

However, is the existing damage I have enough already that it doesn't matter?

Gaaah, why did they have to give us such a great mod that only benefits crit-based weapons!? ;д; 

10 answers to this question

Synapse has innate Shock damage?

If so, you can drop Stormbringer, keeping Corrosive and Heat.

Can't do that, base damage elemental is always combined last so if there's no stormbringer to bring it's priority up, you'll end up with gas+electric.

@OP: You should remove Hellfire instead of Heavy Caliber.

Can't do that, base damage elemental is always combined last so if there's no stormbringer to bring it's priority up, you'll end up with gas+electric.

@OP: You should remove Hellfire instead of Heavy Caliber.

I run pure corrosive or magnetic with my Synapse. The weapon works beautifully without a Heavy Caliber, which I replace with Rifle Mut. I have elementals: Strombringer, High Voltage, (third elemental depending) with Vital Sense, Point Strike, Serration.