Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Kubrows Need More Love?

KingTaro

Stasus time is a massive turn off for me personally to use the Kubrows.

All I'm doing with the Kubrows is breed, delete and repeat. If there is anything I like about the Kubrows at the moment, is that surprise element when breeding them.

But, we know so far that we may get an item, which we'll need to craft or buy from the market or both, to bypass the Stasus time. Great for those who don't want to or can't pay platinum each time they want to customize their loadout.

Are there any other changes coming to Kubrows? Do Kubrows need some adjustments?

One adjustment I can think of would be being able to get more than one incubator slot. Meaning being able to breed one Kubrow, making prints of another Kubrow and having a 3rd one ready for battle, all at the same time. Not to mention the ammount of Kubrow eggs you can pick up during the missions would increase with each slot as well.

TL;DR: Are you satisfied with the current Kubrow feature?

Honestly they are Mastery Rank fodder for me at the moment, so wait times are fine for me since I don't use them.

Personally I think Kubrows and Sentinels both need a look at. Stuff is flawed on both sides, nowadays I'm not even equipping a sentinel or a kubrow because of how useless they are.

I'm not sure if we need anymore kubrow breeds - heck, I'd rather new ideas be saved for new creatures (i.e. hawks or panther/tigers).

But they are in DIRE need of accessories. That'll I'll agree with. And a few more mods couldn't hurt as well.

IMO they're useless.

Too much work for too little reward.

Hard to say they're useless...

Beside Carrier's Vacuum, the Kubrows are the strongest companions we can bring with due to the fact that their mods can give them Shields, HP and Armors bigger than the Warframe. 

Hard to say they're useless...

Beside Carrier's Vacuum, the Kubrows are the strongest companions we can bring with due to the fact that their mods can give them Shields, HP and Armors bigger than the Warframe. 

Okay, maybe they're not useless (to some people). I personally wouldn't trade my carrier (or helios, scanning manually is annoying AF) for extra deeps i have to babysit.

Doesn't change the second statement in my post though, too much maintenance required just to watch them run in circles (*cough* seimeni on ceres *cough*)

Kubrows are fine...sitting in stasis. Couple problems I've seen with them: for starters the DNA degrading aspect is a bad concept. Having to interact to make my kubrow stronger may have sounded good but its a worthless addition. If kubrows need DNA stabilizers and interaction why don't sentinals need to be repaired/serviced? Next I own a Raska and its supposed to be the best companion and never leave the masters side, well that's a load of crap. Most of the time, when I had my kubrow equipped, I'd be chasing him around just to protect him. Shouldn't it be the other way around? And why does the kubrow always have to stand in front of me when I want to shoot? Its bad when I try to use my soma or boar prime but COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to use my Dread when the kubrow is equipped.

In my opinion if DE wants to make them more appealing a few things new to happen: remove the DNA stabilizers, remove the interaction concept aside from just to fun and replace it with a mod similar to Serration, and lastly the kubrows need to stay by the masters side until he/she is attacking an enemy.

These are just a few "little" issues I've personally had with my raska.

Okay, maybe they're not useless (to some people). I personally wouldn't trade my carrier (or helios, scanning manually is annoying AF) for extra deeps i have to babysit.

Doesn't change the second statement in my post though, too much maintenance required just to watch them run in circles (*cough* seimeni on ceres *cough*)

From what I got, the true problems with Kubros are: "We don't way to pay 75k every 6 days to keep them top shape..." and "We don't want to pet them to keep them top damage..."

Which in all honestly I understand...

But in all honestly, I have a Sahasa that sat through 40 waves of T4 (My carrier usually dies around 30.) and kept us feeded with Health, Energy and Ammo while jumping on enemies and keeping them still for me to happily headshot them...

Never ran too far, never completely covered the visual... And to be utterly fair, I think that thing is a slender monkey with a chopped tail for how much he's ugly...

The most common complaints I see about Kubrows:

You have to feed them: Atleast it's cheap, if you're just going for the 1 stabilizer every 4 days.

You have to pet them: Yes, click a button once a day to keep it at its best, not exactly hard. On the other hand, what's the point in clicking a button each day? It's not like there's any risk or effort, so it ends up a complete waste of 4 seconds.

You have to microwave them to wake them up: Yeah, I hate this too. I like to flick throw various builds/loadouts and just check what's where. Can't do that with my puppies.

They can Die: Only if you forget about them for like, 19 days or something. And if you pulled that off, clearly you weren't too attached to it. There are of course exceptions, say you finally get reconnected to the internet after your house got taken out by a tsunami, and on top of having lost your home, job and family, your puppy has melted.

They get in the way: Yes. Yes they do.

They can't use Vaccuum: I've always had this image in my head of a Kubrow Picking up a mod in it's mouth, and throwing it at the player... If somebody can make this happen, I will bake them a cake.

You have to revive them: Or, you Can revive them. Your sentinels just pop (twice).

And my memory fails me after that.

I wouldn't say they need anything, but there's definitely plenty of room for improvement.

Agreed, but I'd rather not copy + paste the most useful Sentinel abilities onto Kubrows.

To be fair, a retrieve ability would be pretty fitting...

Come on, the Dog in Duck Hunt can do it and our whatever-a-kubrow-is cannot fetch us back some stuff=