Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Ballista Accuracy.

DarkLordX2

Anyone else thinks that Ballista's Accuracy is just too high?

It doesn't matter if i am running at the speed of light, they can still shot me. Its seems that their weapons have an auto-target system. The Corpus Sniper Crewmen aren't that dangerous because their Lankas aren't hit-scan, but seriously, if you get a Slash Proc from a Ballista, you will be dead in a matter of seconds.

While this is correct, they have 100% accuracy with hipfire. Scoped or aimed is fine, but hipfire headshots 100% of the time is not.

You're right, there's nothing sniper-y about any sniper in Warframe. Corpus snipers don't snipe, Grineer snipers don't snipe, Warframe snipers don't snipe, we all just hipsfire with high precision rifles. 99% of the maps are close quarters and fast paced so snipers are inappropriate anyway.

I think it's been suggested before, but two seconds or so of a laser sight being trained on you would give you some time to react and get to cover.  As it is now you often don't have any idea they're there until you hear their distinctive firing sound and 50%+ of your shields are missing.

Decreasing their accuracy against moving targets would be OK too.

While this is correct, they have 100% accuracy with hipfire. Scoped or aimed is fine, but hipfire headshots 100% of the time is not.

They don't have brains/sripts for right placement, and maps are just random mess anyway.

Who says they don't look through the scope while holding it on hip?

Corpus,Grineer and Tenno sniper all wear helmets.

Who says they don't have a inhelmet H.U.D. linked to a smartlink in their gunscope, allowing em to make use of it no matter how they hold it? they could even hold it backwards over their shoulder and still see like they would look through the scope on their H.U.D.s

I'm someone that has trouble seeing units. Generally speaking, the tilesets hide their particular enemies better, with clean tiles and Corpus, and dirty brown tiles and dirty Grineer.

I did a Defense mission where I was getting this high damage whacks, and turns out it was a Ballista behind some scenery I only ended up spotting after I killed everything else and you get the "last remaining red dots" on radar. Well frak you Grinieer.

This is why - whenever possible - I put on a radar mod, I just can't manage otherwise.

Every (almost) other game other there tries to find ways to tell you where the snipers are, usually with cheap, unrealistic, laser beam effects, but unless they get THAT, I don't see a way out of this.

Who says they don't have a inhelmet H.U.D. linked to a smartlink in their gunscope, allowing em to make use of it no matter how they hold it? they could even hold it backwards over their shoulder and still see like they would look through the scope on their H.U.D.s

If they have tech like that it would be a criminal offense on the Lotus' part that we didn't research and steal the F*** out of that technology.

I WANT THAT S#&$.

Really?

Cause i was thinking the opposite...

I run into them and thy always shoot and miss

The oly time theyre accurate is when theyre far and already hiding

They have time to aim

Usually tricky movement makes them miss anyways though theyll get you if youre trying to poke your head from cover

De should implement some kind of  aim delay TO SIMULATE REACTION TIME.

none of this getting shot at as the first pixel of your hitbox pops out of a corner nonsense

^

This i can agree with

Replaying Halo 2 on that forest sniper level alone on th hardest setting was a nightmare

I have no idea how i managed to beat that level before