Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Intersection In Uranus Is Too Hard!

MooseWaffle

So I've been trying to get the Elytron lately,but when i first played the map,the enemies are spawning like nooses business.Me and my friends tried it so many times,tried it with OP players but still failed and why? they fire too many missiles at the same time,the Omga is ok,the rest is Ok ,but the Capturers are too much,they take towers like in 1 second,i leave they take it,were at 10% they'r at 90%,i think its kinda too hard for some people.This is my oppinion,so can you make the map a little,just a little less hard?

I did the mission 3 times in a row first time had a player with a elytron in it, it helped second mission it was 4 normal players, 3rd mission was only 3 and I got all the parts I needed, it is possible, weapons were maxed, archwing lv 26 and Ash warframe 

But I agree it is an extreme shift maybe add more missions to bridge the difficulty up to that 

Edited by Zakharon

There is indeed a difficultly spike for that mission, but can be countered by using teamwork, and modding your frame to benifit from those mods that do transfer over.    Armor, Hp, Sheild, Sheild Rechrage mods all carry over.  Even  Energy shipon and flow will carry over.  So using those and even a frame with some good base hp/sheild or armor is best.

There is indeed a difficultly spike for that mission, but can be countered by using teamwork, and modding your frame to benifit from those mods that do transfer over.    Armor, Hp, Sheild, Sheild Rechrage mods all carry over.  Even  Energy shipon and flow will carry over.  So using those and even a frame with some good base hp/sheild or armor is best.

Yes I know,but If one person dies then another one dies trying to revive and then the dieing  chain beings.

Yes I know,but If one person dies then another one dies trying to revive and then the dieing  chain beings.

doesn't always work out like that.   Had times when people did die by could get revived.  Other times, its just easier to use revives..     Other then that.  Teamwork.   One uses repel to push enemies back, and another revives.  after getting the hang of things, haven't had a single mission for uranus interception where the enemy got more then 30% by the end.   having corrosive is a must too when facing the grineer units.  Other then that, listen for the ships, and keep your shield up, and his diarrary if you think someone is behind you.   Keeping in eye on the enemy is key for stayign alive,  its the one that you don't see that kill ya

The mission is hard but still doable if you have good gears and a good team. But even you reach round 4, the drop rate of elytron BP is ridiculous low. I just got 7 T4 keys in a row. Guess DE is not so generous to let us having elytron for free anytime soon.

Edited by apcha

Well they went and made Caelus even more challenging with update 15.2.0

One of the aspects of Warframe that I like is that most thigns are casual enough to just start missions with random PUGS and have a good time completing missions reliably even if one or two people aren't geared/experienced.   While I appreciate having challenging maps to overcome is great, Caelus is one of the most unfriendly to PUG maps I've seen.  I have on a few rare occasions succesfully PUGged Caelus when I got very lucky to have a good team.  The vast majority however PUG's have people that haven't reasearched the imprtant facts to help win, or even assume they don't even need decent gear and expect to get carried like happens so easily on simpler maps.  With the way interception scales, if undergeaerd people try it they actually make the map even harder than it would be without them.  I've run Caelus enough to have all but one part of the Elytron with the expected duplicates cause RNG.

Anyway, due to isssues with trying to get a good group for Caelus, I ended up resorting to soloing the map so that I could have reasonable odds of success.  Now that they "fixed" the Odanata abilites to require 25/50/75/100 energy, it makes the mission significantly harder.  Honestly, discovering that change was rather a slap in the face.   Enough harder that I'm approaching the point of throwing my hands up in frustration and giving up on Archwing stuff until things hopefully get a bit more rational.  Farming my Elytron has graduated from being a challenge to an annoyance that I'd just as soon avoid.

While I don't consider myself an elite player, I do put some effort into researching and understanding the game.  I potato, forma and fuse my mods up.  If I'm struggling this much, I think an awful lot of more casual players are likely wondering why they should bother with archwing at all. 

I'm sure balancing games like this is a major challenge so that both casual and serious players can enjoy it, but tit seems to me that with Caelus, DE shifted a bit too far toward the serious playing.

It's a lot of words were said above, although no clearness. Only stated that the mission is hard to complete. Allow me to concretize atleast a little. there is no problem with the amount of mobs, until the Gellions appear. the damage from the rockets is too high and the nockdown is too long, so the rocket launch from one single gellion can nullify the shields, all 1600(sic!!!!) points and you are dead. what to say if there are more than one, or the OMGma shows up, or even three at once. and the swing time of the melee weapon is so long that while I was tearing one OMGma I am able to accumulate all the rockets from other gellions around. their accuracy is freaking insane! Not to mention that in this wild space I was lost not even once in a small area not knowing were are the enemies firing from, I see only the projectiles, so with all the 3D rotations it's sometimes hard to understand where is the enemy. And that absolutely imposible enemy's capturing rays that are not interrupting if I use Repel that should push the enemies away and stun, or even the mobs can continue to capture one spot while traveling 1500 meters to the other spot!! HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR???? And that Repel thing, it has to stun, although when I approach to a group of moving mobs and Repel, the most effect they can get is a damage, but they continue their movement. I Hope some one will read this.

Edited by Velarriba

The mission is hard but still doable if you have good gears and a good team. But even you reach round 4, the drop rate of elytron BP is ridiculous low. I just got 7 T4 keys in a row. Guess DE is not so generous to let us having elytron for free anytime soon.

Or Maybe PWE is involved in this to frustrate the hell out of us and force open our wallets to buy it with real munny.

I'm sorry for them but MY wallet is empty anyway.

Sayd this, today i tryed my luck again in this mission and... after the latest "balancement" about control points and stuff i noticed two things:

1) I cannot capture a control point fast enough anymore without having to get back to it right away

2) I cannot "spam" repulsion anymore even with an energy efficency mod (it's funny how it was telling me i "needed more energy" at times i usually did not).

So basically, it was already a mess before and now even more.

It's a lot of words were said above, although no clearness. Only stated that the mission is hard to complete. Allow me to concretize atleast a little. there is no problem with the amount of mobs, until the Gellions appear. the damage from the rockets is too high and the nockdown is too long, so the rocket launch from one single gellion can nullify the shields, all 1600(sic!!!!) points and you are dead. what to say if there are more than one, or the OMGma shows up, or even three at once. and the swing time of the melee weapon is so long that while I was tearing one OMGma I am able to accumulate all the rockets from other gellions around. their accuracy is freaking insane! Not to mention that in this wild space I was lost not even once in a small area not knowing were are the enemies firing from, I see only the projectiles, so with all the 3D rotations it's sometimes hard to understand where is the enemy. And that absolutely imposible enemy's capturing rays that are not interrupting if I use Repel that should push the enemies away and stun, or even the mobs can continue to capture one spot while traveling 1500 meters to the other spot!! HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR???? And that Repel thing, it has to stun, although when I approach to a group of moving mobs and Repel, the most effect they can get is a damage, but they continue their movement. I Hope some one will read this.

Fully agree with this. And btw whats the point of shields in this anyway? Its like trying to block a bullet with a single sheet of paper. Shields are downed instantly, and so are you. And then of course theres perma stunlock from those rocket trolls.

My experience of this "new and improved" Uranus Intercept mission when trying to do a public game:

I spawn into the level with 20 health and no shield and spinning wildly due to the massive number of Shield Hellion Grineer spamming their missiles while I load into the level, and enter bleedout. I use a revive. My frame does its silly wiggle-wiggle-animation of revival and does a "shockwave", but as soon as it finishes, I never gain control of my frame. Instead I instantly spin out of control, lose my shields and all my health and die again. Then I notice everyone else is also bleeding out.

All gear maxed, every possible mod benefiting the Odonata maxed out. Can't even move before I die.

F***. this. S#&$.

With my clan it doesn't go much better if more than one of us gets hit by a Hellion, that is when the whole thing goes to S#&$.

There are either just way too many Grineer Hellions, they launch too many missiles at once or their missiles do way too much damage.

Edited by SoanoS

Hi, I'm enclined to do a thread for that but just for now I'll put this here

I need some opinions on the current caelus (uranus interception)

Which goes like that for me currently

First I don't have much melee mods but my imperator is damage wise alright but none are maxed and no potatoes.

Since latest patch (or the one before I'm not following) with interception changes where there are no neutral towers, I get the first tower and need to fight basically one first wave which, with my damage take about a random number (30 sec let's say ?) during which I get around interception % RN(random number) point again let's say 6-7%

While I'm moving toward another capture point I'm around 8% and ennemies has 3 tower and are around RN 10-20%(?), while moving once again one or two waves come out, and time that I deal with it (or die) once finished and not having reached the second capture point yet, ennemies are at 50-60%

If you managed to follow until the end you'll get where I'm going.

Only thing right now is of course that my damage is somewhat strongly below average.

Basically my main problem for me (outside of hellions), is that during the time I even move or fight with my unique captured tower, ennemies have 3 tower.

Oh right, I'm talking about solo.

They need to let you know when missiles are homing in on you

Where the end of the area is at?

Tower icon on screen needs to flash as well

Shield needs to halve the rocket damage if not nullify it..

Odonata powers need to cost 25 again.

There needs to be a lot more flares should energy still be at 50.

Stun needs to be longer if cost stays at 100 energy.

'

Repel needs to repel all projectiles back to owner and deal triple damage.

there needs to be someway to gain extra boost on the way to other towers. perhaps boost speed upon taking one or boost worm holes, etc.

the least they can do is make onscreen tower icons flash as well and sound and UI indicator for homing missiles and proper blast visuals for rockets.

I am soloing Uranus interception for dual rounds.

Using a level 17 Elytron.

Meaning no repel no nothing.

The only thing I use is Core Vent.

The most important thing is energy restores.

And spamming core vent and disarray.

If anything Elytron is much weaker than Odonata.

The trick to this mission is to only ever engage the enemy if you run into stragglers. Otherwise, grab as many points as you can at the beginning of a round, and just keep ahead of (or behind) the enemy. They tend to only ever attack one point at a time, so after they take one, wait until they've moved toward the next one, and retake the one they left behind. This can keep you at 3-1 the whole time. You can even keep four points most of the time if you keep an eye out for the guy capturing another point and can snipe him (remember, the Imperator is hitscan). It's actually a kind of rush once you've got it down (and I rarely say that about difficult things).

All that said, I think it's a sign that survivability does need a pass in Archwing. You pretty much get one-shotted if you get touched in this mission, which begs the question what any shield or armor mods are for.

Edited by Jokubas