Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reconsider The " Daily " Aspect Of Syndicate Missions

7.T.

TL;DR below. Kinda rewording a post I made in another thread and section. I felt I should post most of what I said in it's own feedback thread. Here it is:

Lately I've been starting to feel like the Syndicate missions gave off a chore-like vibe. You know, you log in and you want to farm the void or level a new frame but these Syndicate missions are there and they reward a lot of standing compared to running normal missions so you run 'em. By the time you're finished with six or nine of these (Nine for me. Not bragging. It sucks), you might be bored, want to do something else, or have an appointment.

I don't know, that's how it feels to me at least. Personally, I've decided to stop running the daily missions and just wear my Sigil until further notice.

Again, just my opinion: DE, Remove the chore-like daily missions. Increase Standing gained while wearing a Sigil and have the amount of Standing gained increase with Syndicate Rank. Or have it be something done on the side during a mission. Or put it all into one crazy mission of some kind.

I wouldn't like three daily video game chores but it would be better than nine. Either way, I don't think "daily [insertwhateverhere]"  is a good idea for most games and I think another method -whatever that might be- should be considered.

Obviously I don't need to do them (I'm not, as stated above) so people might not like my using of the word "chore" but I can't think of a better word at the moment.

(inb4 "but Kubrows..." They take less than a minute to care for and you don't even need to do that daily if you're even using them in the first place but that's another topic)

EDIT & TL;DR: IMO, a change (or another option) of equivalent value that removes the "daily" aspect of the Syndicate Missions would be nice.

EDIT 2: Changed title to sound less confrontational. 

Edited by 7.T.

You aren't required to do anything in this game, if I wanna go to the first planet and dodge around for 8 hours then leave without doing the mission I can. The syndicate missions are an option to earn a fatter slice of XP for a modest challenge and you can meet other members to finish them more quickly. Utterly pointless thread lol. Don't wanna do syndicate missions, don't lol. They are here to stay.

That's exactly what it isn't though. It isn't a chore, it's optional. Sure, they should increase the standings for wearing Sigils, and they are, but I don't think they should remove these missions. These missions are what have connected me back to the original Warframe. Without these, I'd be in the Void all day like I usually am. There's not much reason for me to be out of the void anymore except for farming the keys.

I'd actually like more syndicate missions and higher level ones and more rewarding ones too as you rank up your syndicate.

you don't even need to do that daily if you're even using them in the first place

...and you said you're not using the daily missions, so there. Answered your own question.

Some people like them and do them, especially new players who can't gain loads of reputation on high level missions. Some people don't. Easy as that. No need to take them out because you don't like them. Just ignore them and let everyone else enjoy.

Edited by JackBeloved

You aren't required to do anything in this game, if I wanna go to the first planet and dodge around for 8 hours then leave without doing the mission I can. The syndicate missions are an option to earn a fatter slice of XP for a modest challenge and you can meet other members to finish them more quickly. Utterly pointless thread lol. Don't wanna do syndicate missions, don't lol. They are here to stay.

I could have sworn I mentioned something about not doing them being obvious...

Yeah... sure, let's remove them. Doing that will totally reduce the grind for syndicates! /Sarcasm

Syndicate alerts take up three nodes per syndicate you're in and those nodes are on the starter planets. So that's, what like 3-9 nodes out of dozens. You can just not do them, if it feels like a chore to you don't do them! (Simply amazing, right?) 

If you're tired of grinding them don't do them, there's no need to drag others sown with you.

...and you said you're not using the daily missions, so there. Answered your own question.

Some people like them and do them, especially new players who can't gain loads of reputation on high level missions. Some people don't. Easy as that. No need to take them out because you don't like them. Just ignore them and let everyone else enjoy.

Feedback post in feedback section with feedback and opinions. Thank you for your opinion

Maybe they're optional at first glance, but if you want to gain standing with a syndicate, they really aren't. In Warframe, you do whatever it takes to shorten the grind. When that's leveling, you go someplace where you can kill billions of enemies. When that's resource gathering, you bring Nekros and Carriers and Scavenge and you farm the crap out of the best place to get that resource.

This is the first time Warframe has added an alert (since it is comparable to them) that resets daily. And the reward is a good one. Yes, it may be optional, but that doesn't stop it from feeling like a chore. I don't necessarily want them removed, but some kind of adjustment would be most welcome.

Maybe they're optional at first glance, but if you want to gain standing with a syndicate, they really aren't. In Warframe, you do whatever it takes to shorten the grind. When that's leveling, you go someplace where you can kill billions of enemies. When that's resource gathering, you bring Nekros and Carriers and Scavenge and you farm the crap out of the best place to get that resource.

This is the first time Warframe has added an alert (since it is comparable to them) that resets daily. And the reward is a good one. Yes, it may be optional, but that doesn't stop it from feeling like a chore. I don't necessarily want them removed, but some kind of adjustment would be most welcome.

If you want to gain standing with a Syndicate, it would imply you want a mod that they have. If that is the case, what is the difference in that or grinding the void hoping for a random drop? This system at least builds up points and then you buy what you want.

Once you have it, like everything else, it's permanent, and you can stop "grinding".

DE stated this was supposed to be a long term concept, and the only way to make it "long" is this. If DE adjusts gains too high, they will be going against their original idea.

Pretty sure they wanted the average player to build up rep slowly, with only the dedicated ones "grinding" multiple syndicate missions.

the point seems to have something equivalent to current overall rep gains but which won't have as much the daily chores format.

no opinion, unless some good ideas get pointed out. I don't mind the daily chore format because I don't have much to do but if there's something more interesting and not too favoring why not.

I'm pretty sure they will have their own little stories and something to make them more interesting in the future so keep that in mind. This is only the first incarnation after all.

Besides, like others said, you aren't required to run them and actually going out of your way to grind something that is not intended to be actively grinded for is only causing yourself more frustration then necessary.

People complain about the grind in WF which is far from perfect for sure, but its only a problem for people that make the mistake of actively dedicating themselves to the grind.

I don't feel the grind that bad because I rarely go and grind exclusively for anything.

Just level gear and pick a spot with something I want or need and it generally shows up without me thinking too much about it.

Take longer sometimes then if I went and spent a tonne of time deliberately grinding but at least I don't burn out or get as frustrated quickly.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

the point seems to have something equivalent to current overall rep gains but which won't have as much the daily chores format.

no opinion, unless some good ideas get pointed out. I don't mind the daily chore format because I don't have much to do but if there's something more interesting and not too favoring why not.

Thank you for your post. Your understanding is correct and I apologize for how... absolute my original post may have sounded. 

As for other ideas for changing the "daily chore" format, I did include some suggestions and it would be awesome if there are others out there with ideas on how this can be done.

If you want to gain standing with a Syndicate, it would imply you want a mod that they have. If that is the case, what is the difference in that or grinding the void hoping for a random drop? This system at least builds up points and then you buy what you want.

Once you have it, like everything else, it's permanent, and you can stop "grinding".

DE stated this was supposed to be a long term concept, and the only way to make it "long" is this. If DE adjusts gains too high, they will be going against their original idea.

Pretty sure they wanted the average player to build up rep slowly, with only the dedicated ones "grinding" multiple syndicate missions.

You're right with it being a long term concept. I want to point out that at no time have I complained about the grind. I did talk about time spent on nine missions but that was not about the grind, it was meant to be about the amount of time someone may or may not have to play and how they would like to spent that time. My preferred change would have an equivalent reward system minus the "daily" aspect as stated in the quote above yours.

The difference between timed daily Syndicate Missions and farming the void is this:

When you have Syndicate missions sitting there and you decide to do something else, it can feel like a missed opportunity while with the void, your void key doesn't disappear if you choose not to run it that day, thus no loss in the potential total of rewards. Hope this makes more sense. 

Edited by 7.T.